Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forged to Fight's Writer Q&A!

Greetings Commanders!

Last week I asked you all to submit questions for our writer to answer. After going through all of them (and sorting a few out), he answered almost all of them! He was told he didn’t have to, but he was more than eager to share with y’all the answers you were dying to know.

Please keep in mind not ALL the questions went through, but a lot of them did! Enjoy the read!

P.S. He made the art below. :wink:

fvgqxzwx8no6.jpg

1.) How are bots able to fight themselves?

Basically there are many timelines smashing together and crossing over, so Bots are seeing reflections, echoes, alternates, and other disruptions to the overall time-space continuum.

2. ) Vin used ST:TNG episode names for the spotlight missions this month. What is your fave episode, and which is the best Star Trek series, in your opinion?

I’m a fan of any Q episode. Specifically “Deja Q” where he has to deal with the horrifying reality of a human body. I think Star Trek series are a lot like James Bond actors, you cling to the one that you were introduced to as being “the best”. I’m an easy to please fan-boy and swap between OG, TNG, Deep Space, Voyager and more. TNG is what I watch most of.

3.) How closely do you work with the Developers?

Very closely. I pitch them an overall idea for a story, workshop it with them, then they provide me a list of Bots and I form my story around that to make sense of why you’re fighting them in that order. On RARE occasions I may request one or two Bots swapped around in a story. For things like “Fog of War” or special mini-events the Developers come up with their awesome new plans and I try to fit that into the narrative in my head. It’s a lot of collaboration to balance the story and the people working hard to make the fights engaging and interesting.

4.) Do you come up with the plot ideas or do you talk amongst the team to create the narrative?

We will have some group meetings to come up with the overall story arcs and then I figure out more specific character motivations.

5.) What's your general working ethic? Do you work in short multiple intervals or go for hours running off of inspiration?

I like routine. I’m usually one of the first people in for the office (even work from home I stick to signing on at 8 am) and I break the day down into smaller tasks so I can see that my time is being used correctly. If I get a burst of inspiration it’s not irregular for me to just stay a little later until I feel that a script has the right polish to it.

6.) How long are the scripts for what you write generally?

Somewhere between 120-135 lines of dialogue. I try and keep individual lines limited to under 240 characters to make sure things fit after translation.

7.) Do you have a general idea of what you're writing or do you work through the acts chapter by chapter?

I have a finish line in mind, and then see where the Bots wanna go. On a few occasions the story has slightly changed as I get into it because the Bots had different ideas than I did.

8.) Where did Necro come from?

A love of fantasy novels, horror movies, and heavy metal album covers.

9.) What happens to Necro if he gets destroyed again?

Guess the Bots will have to find out, because him surviving means some BAAAAAD stuff went down.

10.) After all the spotlights and story missions, did you often get confused where some stories fit the timeline?

I have a spreadsheet that lays out every story written from game launch to current. So it’s as easy as clicking a tab to see where I’ve left off.

11.) Can I ask a question regarding the NEW Spotlights story?

I imagine you can. I believe in you.

12.) Is it fun being the writer?

It is very fun. Hasbro has been an absolute dream to work with, they are very supportive of our specific brand of weird and give us a lot of room to make engaging and strange stories.

13.) How long have you been writing for?

I’ve been a writer in one way or another for about 15 years. I have a bachelor of arts degree with a focus on English Literature and have worked in short film, feature film, television, video games, comic books, learn to read books, radio plays, stage plays, and more.

14.) How do you keep from getting burnt out?

Diet Dr. Pepper and a supportive workplace.

15.) How did Scientist survive and stay hidden for so long? And HOW did he lure Waspinator and Scorponok into being his experiments?

Scientist dug into an Energon deposit and made his lab there. The deposit masked his signals until he could get better cloaking tech made. As far as Waspinator and Scorponok being lured I think it was as complicated as shouting “Hey you guys wanna see something cool?”.

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    No, you're breathtaking!
  • "The character who speaks the most “as me” has become Wheeljack."

Best writer,10/10,10/10!
    (Would recommend)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Absolutely terrific attitude and since you were formerly of Mainframe, I owe you for getting back into a superbly written, technologically ground breaking iteration of the robots in disguise.
    I had almost given up after Action Masters and the death of the Marvel G2 series.
    Beast Wars is an against the odds, outside the box labor of love.
    A true masterpiece.

Also, the sheer positivity in some of your answers should make some here hang their heads in shame.

Long may your enthusiasm (and F2F) continue.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Absolutely terrific attitude and since you were formerly of Mainframe, I owe you for getting back into a superbly written, technologically ground breaking iteration of the robots in disguise.
    I had almost given up after Action Masters and the death of the Marvel G2 series.
    Beast Wars is an against the odds, outside the box labor of love.
    A true masterpiece.

Also, the sheer positivity in some of your answers should make some here hang their heads in shame.

Long may your enthusiasm (and F2F) continue.

I know, I wasn't expecting him to be a former worker at Mainframe. I thought he would be a Co writer in one or two IDW comics at least. This writer is so interesting and funny! Now all we need is a👏 MEME👏REVIEW from him!
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    27.) Least favorite aspect of Forged to Fight?

This feels like a trap. Is this a trap? I declare a trap.

ll6e7t4n36x0.gif
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    24.) Who is your strongest bot? What are the stats?

My strongest Bot is my own drive and determination. The Spark was inside me the whole time.

Uh..... so.... does this mean you don’t play the game?
  • I would like to thank the writer for the most metal Transformers wallpaper I've ever used
    khqf3xc0uh3t.png
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    I would like to thank the writer for the most metal Transformers wallpaper I've ever used
    khqf3xc0uh3t.png

Indeed my Friend
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    edited April 2020
    will we be able to ask the writer some questions again or only once?
    of course if the writer is very busy (obviously he must be) its ok if this is the only time.
    But Kabam you got an excellent writer I must say.
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited April 2020
    15.) How did Scientist survive and stay hidden for so long? And HOW did he lure Waspinator and Scorponok into being his experiments?

Scientist dug into an Energon deposit and made his lab there. The deposit masked his signals until he could get better cloaking tech made. As far as Waspinator and Scorponok being lured I think it was as complicated as shouting “Hey you guys wanna see something cool?”.

My response:
    Last I saw the scientist (Act 3) ,he was attacked and ,presumable ,killed by his own creation (the S-1000). I now have another question: How did he escape the S-1000? As for Scorponok and Waspinator, I believe that. Those 2 are idiots after all.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    Firebot wrote: »
    I would like to thank the writer for the most metal Transformers wallpaper I've ever used
    khqf3xc0uh3t.png

Indeed my Friend

Hmmm... Crotron... Makes my brain wander into the darkest depths of it's own playground and gleefully imagine Crow T. Robot infected with the Necrovirus taking on and destroying Baygatron, Baybee the rest with harrowing insults and devastating one-liners...
  • SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    When wheeljack loses his glowing audio optics.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    24.) Who is your strongest bot? What are the stats?

My strongest Bot is my own drive and determination. The Spark was inside me the whole time.

Uh..... so.... does this mean you don’t play the game?

He plays. He just doesn't want to admit we're not nearly as good at it as y'all are, lol.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    We'd love a short video sometime. Perhaps a montage of the lot of you, hmmm? :)
  • Nightpath wrote: »

Ahhhhh, show our faces??? Reveal our secret identities??? We could never!!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Nightpath wrote: »

Sure, as those are Kabam's codenames you are holding. :D
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited April 2020

Lets see what your real persona is, Vydious!

*Three seconds later*

WHAT THE FUUU-

• Nightpath wrote: »

Lets see what your real persona is, Vydious!

*Three seconds later*

WHAT THE FUUU-

• Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    5f65wknaj1k0.png

I think you missed a memo.
  • Decimus234 wrote: »
    5f65wknaj1k0.png

It's my cursed phone that doesn't let me post images and text in the same post.

LMAO,I don't know the reason why though.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    5f65wknaj1k0.png

It's my cursed phone that doesn't let me post images and text in the same post.

LMAO,I don't know the reason why though.

Different memo.

Kabam Sidious!
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

AAhahhh I meant a gameplay video!! A screen recording of you playing the game! :D
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661

AAhahhh I meant a gameplay video!! A screen recording of you playing the game! :D

As long as their in-game names & Alliances are blurred out/not in the video, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Kabam team in gameplay action.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    5f65wknaj1k0.png

Wrong admin

Good news, you’re the new Adora!
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    5f65wknaj1k0.png

Wrong admin

Good news, you’re the new Adora!

No, Vydious IS Mike! Their all clones!
  • Why can I never take a good photo?
    Why can I never take a good photo?

It's the legendary pokemon Kabam Miike, catch him quick!