Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Bot Intel Report - Blaster

2»

Comments

• Options
    They stack, they don't combine so there will be diminishing returns.

-10% of 100% = 90%
    -10% of 90% = 81%
    -10% of 81% = 72.9%

And so on. It's kinda weird I suppose.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    The_53rd wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    It makes me lol that any player thinks kabam would design the amp charges to make him invulnerable. Have a bit of common sense. That would make him completely broken.

They may not be clear on how much each additional amp charge adds to the initial 10%, but they sure as hell aren't going to make it so you can stop 100% damage.

“100% chance to inflict an attack debuff reducing the opponents attack rating by 10% for 20 seconds. Blaster inflicts additional attack debuffs for each amp charge on him.” With 10 amp charges he inflicts 12 attack debuffs. 12 x 10 = 120. I mean it’s written there in the game but damn man you’re right, I should just assume everything written in the abilities is wrong.

It doesn't actually say each debuff is an additional 10%.

It simply says "adds an additional attack debuff for each amp charge", not specifying how much each extra stack debuffs.

It's like IH burn causing 65% burn damage for the first stack, and an extra 30% for each additional stack.

At best, it gonna be 10% of current attack rating, not 10% of base.

So if the first debuff takes 10% of 1000 that equals 100.

The additional will take 10% of 900, which equals 90... So on and so forth.

You would never reach 0 attack.
  • Options
    French_BakerFrench_Baker Posts: 34
    edited April 2018
    Manthros math is right if it's not using flat values.
  • Options
    The_53rdThe_53rd Posts: 49
    They stack, they don't combine so there will be diminishing returns.

-10% of 100% = 90%
    -10% of 90% = 81%
    -10% of 81% = 72.9%

And so on. It's kinda weird I suppose.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks for a factual response!
  • Options
    Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    It makes me lol that any player thinks kabam would design the amp charges to make him invulnerable. Have a bit of common sense. That would make him completely broken.

They may not be clear on how much each additional amp charge adds to the initial 10%, but they sure as hell aren't going to make it so you can stop 100% damage.

“100% chance to inflict an attack debuff reducing the opponents attack rating by 10% for 20 seconds. Blaster inflicts additional attack debuffs for each amp charge on him.” With 10 amp charges he inflicts 12 attack debuffs. 12 x 10 = 120. I mean it’s written there in the game but damn man you’re right, I should just assume everything written in the abilities is wrong.

I assume that the stack is multiplicative not additive. Kabam usually goes down that path so that theres diminishing returns. The exception would be crit and armor since the values are usually so low, i assume those are additive.
    All are just assumption, but definitely i would never believe that they made blaster immune to damage :wink:
  • Options
    I recall all damage over time debuffs are additive
    most stat buffs are multiplicative
    would be good if these laws are constant so no confusion
  • Options
    Blaster is a cool bot and a great tech
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    The bot intel report reads that soundwave should be giving blaster +8% attack, but that doesn’t appear to be happening.

6nsmyrlyw0d1.png
  • Options
    MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Also Soundwave does not appear on the shield amp list in game, but intel says he gets it
  • Options
    CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29

Lol no use explaining to @Manthro, he just needs a "bit of common sense"
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    CoolAsice wrote: »

Lol no use explaining to @Manthro, he just needs a "bit of common sense"

I see... So by your math, not only did you expect Blaster to be immune to damage, but you also expected to gain 20% health back per hit on full amp charges... Lol. Glad you guys aren't the ones making bot skills. This entire game would be broken.

Law of diminishing returns. Check the math posted by @French_Baker and myself after. It'll make sense.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    So is there a mod or something that allows Blaster in the master spotlight 1.1 level to gain 11 amp charges?
  • Options
    Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    edited May 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    So is there a mod or something that allows Blaster in the master spotlight 1.1 level to gain 11 amp charges?

He gains 3 amps from each Sp1.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jay32 wrote: »
    He gains 3 amps from each Sp1.

True, but I thought he’s supposed max out at 10. I think I read on here that he doesn’t gain all 3 if he’s near his max. There was a countdown on 11 so it may have just been a temporary boost?
  • Options
    Clark_kentClark_kent Posts: 80
    Why Blaster is so bad combine in synergy ? I mean, all the bots that do a good synergy are the same than him Technology. Only UM and Arce and these 2 gives the same synergy. Please make a better synergy for this nice bot. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs @TFTF_LEAK_Otrium @TFTF_LEAK
  • Options
    Why Blaster is so bad combine in synergy ? I mean, all the bots that do a good synergy are the same than him Technology. Only UM and Arce and these 2 gives the same synergy. Please make a better synergy for this nice bot. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Kavs @TFTF_LEAK_Otrium @TFTF_LEAK
    100% agre. Come across a really high level scout with a team with all his synergies, they will have a hard time

• Options
    212Takbir212Takbir Posts: 5
    100% agre. Come across a really high level scout with a team with all his synergies, they will have a hard time

i agree

would be great if blaster have better synergy option with other class bot
  • Options
    Leaky8382Leaky8382 Posts: 11
    edited May 2018
    Many of us feel the same way! He's a great bot but his synergies are awful. At no point would I want to bring a team of all tech bots. His synergies need some fine tuning and adjustments made for bots of different type. And the only two being arcee and UM...not worth adding either. They don give much to make that synergy worth using.
  • Options
    UmerrockUmerrock Posts: 29
    I agree there should be more synergy with other class bots not just tech bots.
  • Options
    ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Umerrock wrote: »
    I agree there should be more synergy with other class bots not just tech bots.

This doesn't just apply to Blaster - All of the Tech bots suffer from this at some level.
    The game is designed to encourage a team of different classes. The synergies should reflect that.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I agree with the weak synergies for Blaster...now of course if they added let's say a Rodimus Prime as a Demo this month he would definitely add to the synergies for Blaster.