Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Introducing: Commander Masteries [NEW MASTERIES COMING AUGUST 30th]

Comments

• Options
    CringeCringe Posts: 26
    "Fixed some crashes" really, us tablet players are suffering even more than before! Crashing every single minute during loading screens, any loading screen, before it was just raids and missions.
  • Options
    If you reset your master points they will no longer be added to your bot when you use them again. Please fix this glitch
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Totherkins wrote: »
    What game modes will masteries be available?My main question is will they be utilized for our base defense? Other than that informative, read look forward to 3.0 patch notes.

Thank you for pointing out our omission! I'll edit the original post because there is an important note that disappeared from our post: There is currently a bug that causes Commander Masteries to not function for Raid Attack or Defense, but this will be fixed with a patch that will release very shortly after 3.0.

Unless stated by the Mastery, they will be available in all of the game's modes! There are some masteries that specifically say that they are only effective in certain modes, like Alliance Missions. So yes! They will affect Raid Defense after the fix patch is out!

Can you confirm that we should expect the masteries to currently work in AM?
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    JagerPrime wrote: »
    If you reset your master points they will no longer be added to your bot when you use them again. Please fix this glitch

They are never added to your bot... some might raise stats which could raise bot pi ratings but masteries effect all bots
  • Options
    I have tried to update today, August 16th. I logged-in the game after 12:36 P.M., but it hasn't updated yet. What can I do to make the update process start?
  • Options
    Check your updates again iOS has to do multiple updates
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Do you have any job openings as autonomous playtester? I'm pretty sure this stuff can and should be caught before any of it goes live. Also sorry if the big 3 alliances made you rush and push this update out months before you were ready.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hey Everybody!

We're just one day away from new Masteries coming to the game! Don't want to wait to see what's coming? well here you go!

Star Seeker
    Damage increases exponentially with the Combo Meter.

Unfazed
    A brief Unstoppable and bonus damage against opponents that Evade.

Nano-Repair
    A set amount of Health is recovered every fight.

Willpower
    Attacking recovers Health while suffering from damage-over-time effects.

Feeding Frenzy
    Attacking recovers Health against Sharkticon enemies.

Enhanced Block
    Your Bots take even less damage while Blocking.

Recalibration
    Each time your Bots are Stunned, they reduce further Stun durations.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Look forward to seeing the stats on these. But they sound awesome!!
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Do the new masteries have point requirements like Willpower does in MCOC? With the limited amount of points available I really hope not
  • Options
    MezoriMezori Posts: 38
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    Do the new masteries have point requirements like Willpower does in MCOC? With the limited amount of points available I really hope not

Without a doubt they will. You'll have to choose what to focus on.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike , will the Commander's level cap be increased so that we can purchase and max all Masteries with more Mastery Points, or will we be limited to a few Masteries, and need to customize our own Setup?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike , will the Commander's level cap be increased so that we can purchase and max all Masteries with more Mastery Points, or will we be limited to a few Masteries, and need to customize our own Setup?

You will not be able to have enough points to purchase and max out every Mastery. Even if we do raise the Level Cap in the future, you'll still have to customize and strategize!
  • Options
    KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    I wonder when would Kabam unlock the new masteries...
  • Options
    Alright...where to start. New masteries

1. Does star seeker stack with other attack bonuses such as mirage, bee, or motor.
    2. Does it stack with courage?
    3. How does it stack do the percentages just add together(i.e 80% + 200% equals 280%) or is their some sort of formula to it.
    4. Willpower for its cost really doesn't bring anything to the table for me. But it'll require testing.
    5. I'm assuming willpower doesn't stack with shark frenzy and mv1 primes ability?

As a whole most masteries seem kind of meh and not enticing, minus maybe star seeker and unfazed.
    This is just off the top ofvmy head atm and what I can think of personally.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Does star seeker max at 100 hits or activate after 100 hits?
  • Options
    Should max at 100 hits
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    And how does it scale what's the percent
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Was going to start a new thread but saw this one. With the "Nano" mastery where the bots can recover up to 400 health over 60 seconds of each fight. My two questions for @Kabam Miike are:

1. Does this apply to bots not being used during the current fight (like AM)?

2. After 60 seconds (if the fight goes longer), does it reset?
  • Options
    It would heal one time per fight up to 60 seconds it will heal xx amount per tic

Bots not fighting would not heal

It only resets per new fight
  • Options
    Done some initial testing on star seeker...is it possible to make it linear? From what I can tell is it only noticeably increases at 50 then 80 hits to 100 is where you gain most of your bonus.
  • Options
    I wasted my mastery cores on the nano repair and its not even worth it now when i put my masteries back exactly the way they were my attack and health are lower then they were my God its always something man im done
  • Options
    Also unfazed doesn't work often...is this a bug or intended? On the day of releasing masteries....it sure would be swell to get some answers.
  • Options
    Do you have to get 100 hits for star seeker to start working? If not it doesn't work 40 hits no attack ncrease. Anyone else have it yet
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I have it...and it increases exponentially. So basically under 50 hits no gain. 50 to 80 slow gain. 80 to 100 massive gain. I'm assuming they do this because their aren't many people who can do 100 hit streaks and it doesn't give a real advantage in am or other game modes only rok. Which I'd be lying if I'm not a tad bit salty about it.
  • Options
    Do you have to get 100 hits for star seeker to start working? If not it doesn't work 40 hits no attack ncrease. Anyone else have it yet

I'll ask the team if we have some more information on it, but it maxes out at 100 hits. You'll see a damage increase running up to it.
  • Options
    Totherkins wrote: »
    Also unfazed doesn't work often...is this a bug or intended? On the day of releasing masteries....it sure would be swell to get some answers.

I've got the team looking into if this is working correctly or not at this time.
  • Options
    My summary is that none of the new masteries are worth having, or at least they don't seem to be working. Wasted 700 energon. I've reverted to my old setup of mainly offensive masteries.
  • Options
    I was excited for the new masteries but with Starseeker not activating below 50 hits and the energon required to unlock Feeding Frenzy(700) and Willpower(3200) for such irrelevant healing, none of the new ones seem worth the energon required. Seems like Kabam looked at the good masteries from MCOC and either made them useless(which I'm ok with for Willpower) or made them too expensive to warrant the boost(enhanced block should be free unlock). Overall I'm just keeping my offense setup and not investing in the new ones. They are all useless unless they are maxed(or just useless in the case of Starseeker) and unlocking them is just not worth it
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike is there any update on Starseeker. After purchasing it and reading these posts I'm a bit frustrated having spent 350 Energon on a core. An exponential increase to me would see it increasing from 0-100 hits. With no detailed explanation it's very misleading. Something like hits/% is important to know. It should be something like 10/1%, 20/3%, 30/5% and so on. I'm not seeing any increase and if it's only activating at combos 50+ this is a waste.