Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who's the Better Demo??

Just wanna know

Who's the Better Demo?? 27 votes

Galvatron
44%
Down_UnderThuleBlackRazakSycko5KittenCarrotBoy2kNorthernLightRCPrimerprime5ArklaineMegaStrikersSalvadorVanya 12 votes
Ironhide
55%
BeastdadWolfmillsDaveJLBobnfloydbillygovolsRed_EyesOptimalOptimus_MV1Transformator79SilverZAEdwardo76FirebotKakaMaxSARGIS07DaBeast4RealF13D991 15 votes

Comments

• MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    Galvatron
    Galvatron looks cool and does some serious damage!
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited July 2020
    Galvatron
    Ironhide's a one-hit wonder, and is ineffective against heavily armoured or evasive opponents (Primal, Barricade with Evade, etc.) Galvatron can consistently deal humongous amounts of damage, and his Dark Burns can bypass Armour of all kinds. The aforementioned Dark Burns are also more powerful than Ironhide's regular Burns.
  • SARGIS07SARGIS07 Posts: 41
    Ironhide
    Iron cppl
  • SARGIS07SARGIS07 Posts: 41
    Ironhide
    Ironhide cool
  • Ironhide
    Ironhide can continuously stack burns while it takes galvatron some tries to hit a dark burn on his heavy. (DB happens mostly on his sp2 and 3.). Also, Ironhide does some amazing special damage. His sig allows for a big special crit damage buff, but it is only available once in the fight. Ironhide may not be as good for longer fights as galvatron is, but he is way better in shorter fights.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Galvatron’s better damage wise but his reliance on block might be inconvenient in some situations
    Ironhide’s Burns might make him more versatile
  • Ironhide
    It's close, but when in doubt you go for the one with the reliable ranged heavy.
  • UmairKhan05UmairKhan05 Posts: 167
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions!! There's really a tie between the 2 bots. I have my Ironhide on R4 so i guess I will eventually start working on Galvatron. I am still not used to his fighting style tho so I need to practice more with him :smile:
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    It's all synergy game man, both are good cant go wrong with either of them.
    Autobot team - IH
    G1 Decepticon/ Heralds of Unicron team - Galva
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    imo IH is great for short fights and lesser skilled players (one shot wonder)

galv is for more suited to higher skilled players, he is able to consistently punch out high damage. in my personal experience i'd struggle to use him for longer fights due to always having to block (taking some minor damage), and always having to watch his counter rather than focusing on the fight (yes, i'm saying i'm not a highly skilled player)
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited July 2020
    Ironhide
    MystaJay wrote: »
    imo IH is great for short fights and lesser skilled players (one shot wonder)

galv is for more suited to higher skilled players, he is able to consistently punch out high damage. in my personal experience i'd struggle to use him for longer fights due to always having to block (taking some minor damage), and always having to watch his counter rather than focusing on the fight (yes, i'm saying i'm not a highly skilled player)

Even highly skilled players aren't going to want to stand there blocking with Galvatron. It leaves you open to attacks, not something you want to do in longer fights. Ironhide also gives you almost guaranteed Stuns with his SP1, (no Dark Energy charges needed) something that can come in handy for longer fights. Yes Ironhide's signature can only trigger once per fight but there's no guarantee Will of Unicron will trigger even once in a fight, not to mention the trouble you have to go through to get to 30 charges to even have a chance for it to trigger.
  • Cr4zy_WheeljackCr4zy_Wheeljack Posts: 544
    edited July 2020
    If your brain dead, play Ironhide and spam his heavy until you either get a special 2 or 3 that almost guarantees to trigger his signature

If you want big one hit specials that requires you to sit still like a kid who peed his pants, play Galvatron
  • FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Ironhide
    If your brain dead, play Ironhide and spam his heavy until you either get a special 2 or 3 that almost guarantees to trigger his signature

If you want big one hit specials that requires you to sit still like a kid who peed his pants, play Galvatron

I'm not sure anyone would want to explain it like that but yeah
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Galvatron
    You don't have to charge all at once lmao
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Kitten wrote: »

I think that the issue that they're saying about Gal.. it's a pain not being able to charge all at once or even hitting 30 charges at higher levels where you have to be constantly moving to dodge the AI

Another reason for IH that hasn't been brought up.. he's the perfect bot to fight Bonecrusher
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited July 2020
    Ironhide
    Voltron wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »

I think that the issue that they're saying about Gal.. it's a pain not being able to charge all at once or even hitting 30 charges at higher levels where you have to be constantly moving to dodge the AI

Another reason for IH that hasn't been brought up.. he's the perfect bot to fight Bonecrusher

Yeah you lose the charges pretty quickly when below 30 charges. Imagine in AM trying to block while scrambling around trying to the fight the bot as well, lol, and then going through all that maybe you get to 30 charges but don't trigger Will of Unicron even if your opponent is at 10% health. Not to mention the short 6-second window that you have to hope you can find an opening to use a special with 30 charges. Sometimes you can't even find a window to use the Megatronus special you want to use and that window is much longer than 6 seconds.

And great point with Bonecrusher.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    If we get another Evil Tread event this year, you’re going to want Ironhide.
  • MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    is it just me or does galv gain will of unicron like crazy when used by AI, but used by me it's disproportionally rare?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    MystaJay wrote: »
    is it just me or does galv gain will of unicron like crazy when used by AI, but used by me it's disproportionally rare?

It’s not just you