Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Crystals: Does it make a difference if you play the roulette or just tap 'open'?

I'm thinking I get better bots when I just hit open instead of playing the devastatingly dissapointing roulette game. But it might just be in my head, cos I still get my fair share of 2* forge fodder. Anyone had any thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    If u tap open and you get a 2 star, You won't be as disappointed when you spin it and get a 2 star in the middle of 2 four stars.

I think thats exactly it. I did get a 4* Dinobot today from a potency crystal so I'll stick with it for now
  • Options
    It doesn't make a difference. The reel is purely for entertainment.
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363

The reel simply takes a bit longer.
  • Options

"Entertainment" isnt really the best word to describe getting a 2 star as your are sandwiched between a 4 star CW Optimus and Megatronus.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    The science behind the crystal openings is weird but maybe if you follow Iron Man’s methodology you’ll get lucky.

e16bydgk138q.gif
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I asked this same question a long time ago in the forums. The RNG is what it is. Even if you think you are one way from a 4*, you really aren’t. You get what you get from the PBCs (and by extension, the PMCs are the same way). The second you spin a Crystal, your fate is sealed. On the plus side, even a 2* Bot gives you 3* shards (if you get a dupe, you get Ore-13s & Bot Chips)... and now, you can at least get exclusive Bots in the PBCs.
  • Options
    I just got a 4* from a premium bot crystal! I means its just Hound, but still
  • Options
    Konvoy wrote: »

Same.
  • Options
    SilverZA wrote: »

Same.

That's like finding a bottle of water in a hot desert but then you realizes it's hot water.
  • Options
    SilverZA wrote: »

Same.

That's like finding a bottle of water in a hot desert but then you realizes it's hot water.

yeah, like you'll use it if you have to, but you're gonna keep looking first