Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tips needed! - T3 Basic Sparks

Any help appreciated
I've hit a bit of a wall. I'm on the last mission of Act 3, but just can't beat Shockwave. He's rated about 3000. My team is all 4* Rank 2, so all below 2000. I can't get T3 Sparks to Rank up further. I need 1000 raid medals, but can't seem to get above 950 without being raided. And most Raid options I get are well above my pay grade. I rarely get anything rated below 10000, my team of three gets to

Does anyone have any tips? Should I collect 3*s and rank them up fully? I think maybe I've tried to move too fast

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited July 2020
    You should try gaining Ore-13 Crystals via Away Missions. Just popping around 20-40 of them gives you a couple of T3 Sparks, and you can very quickly save up hundreds of them.
  • Blaze_KagamiBlaze_Kagami Posts: 124
    edited July 2020
    You can clear with patience, with the bot ratings you are currently using.
    However, @Konvoy what is the team you use for Story missions? Also what 4*s do you have in you roster? BTW if you have Kickback then he can take out Shockwave easily.
  • KonvoyKonvoy Posts: 62
    You should try gaining Ore-13 Crystals via Away Missions. Just popping around 20-40 of them gives you a couple of T3 Sparks, and you can very quickly save up hundreds of them.

I have tons of those! I'll do that.

@Blaze_Kagami
    I'm not that good tbh, I'm quite bad at games in general! I just like it for the Tfs, otherwise I don't really play any games, mobile or otherwise.
    My team is: Galvatron, Skorpinok, Prowl, Soundwave, Megatron. They're all rated around 1400
    I'll see if I can get Kickback. Cool to have an all con team too!

180 crystals later... no spark :( I'll save more and try again!
  • yorkdredyorkdred Posts: 72
    Try exploring daily missions. You can form a full t3b spark every 6 days... Plus once you explore it, you can autocomplete it... That’s what helped me... I was able to explore it with a team of maxes 3* bots with rating of 1300-1400. Use boosts if needed.
    Also, find an active alliance. You can get them from AM rank rewards and bot battle milestones...
    If you need an active alliance, I can help, just let me know.
    Also, since you don’t have 2000 bots yet, you are probably getting tier 1 ore crystals which are not providing t3b sparks. Tier 2 ore crystals give a small chance of getting them but you need 3 bots with rating of 2,000 to get them unlocked I believe...
    yorkdred wrote: »

That would be awesome! I joined an alliance but i think thye don't do the AMs much

Thanks for the tips! I'll crack on with the daily. What is better: a max rank 3* bot or a 4* at rank 2?
    Konvoy wrote: »

That would be awesome! I joined an alliance but i think thye don't do the AMs much

Thanks for the tips! I'll crack on with the daily. What is better: a max rank 3* bot or a 4* at rank 2?

I would say rank 2 4* bot since there is a potential to rank that bot higher. In the beginning, resources are very limited and you need to choose carefully how to use them...

Message me in game if you need anything I recently started all over and went through the same path you are on... my in game name is yorkdred as well.

Also, I started with alliance sizz1 (their tag). They are pretty active and do AM level 8. They run 2 bgs and ranked within 250. I will message their leader...
    Konvoy wrote: »

I would say rank 2 4* bot since there is a potential to rank that bot higher. In the beginning, resources are very limited and you need to choose carefully how to use them...

Message me in game if you need anything I recently started all over and went through the same path you are on... my in game name is yorkdred as well.

Also, I started with alliance sizz1 (their tag). They are pretty active and do AM level 8. They run 2 bgs and ranked within 250. I will message their leader...

I bought a 4* waspinator from the store for my base, and I just hit enough shards for a 5* and I got G1 Megatron! so if I can max his rank 1 that should be really useful for both Shockwave & the daily.
    Awesome. He is one the best bots in the game... I also purchased 5* bot this month... I got Prowl just because I have maxed 4* Nemesis... Wish I had enough for both :)
    What is your in game name so I could give DSV a heads up about you...
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited July 2020
    If you 100% the Medium Spotlight Missions, you will get 1/2 a T3b Spark. Just completing the Hard Spotlight Mission will get you another 1/2 a T3b Spark. If you can 100% the Hard Spotlight Missions, you are guaranteed an additional 2 T3b Sparks. I am confident your roster can at least 100% Medium Spotlight and complete Hard Spotlight (maybe not 100% Hard... yet).
    Technobot wrote: »
    If you 100% the Medium Spotlight Missions, you will get 1/2 a T3b Spark. Just completing the Hard Spotlight Mission will get you another 1/2 a T3b Spark. If you can 100% the Hard Spotlight Missions, you are guaranteed an additional 2 T3b Sparks. I am confident your roster can at least 100% Medium Spotlight and complete Hard Spotlight (maybe not 100% Hard... yet).

I've 100%d the Medium and Completed the hard. Got the T3 and chucked it into my 4* galvatron. Not the best idea when you're facing Shcokwave but I didn't really think about it when I did it. TBH, I think I'm just not very good, haha. So I'll need to OP the bosses! I probably need a better strategy too, since by the time I get to the boss of the Hard Daily, most of my bots are worn down
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited July 2020
    My advice is to invest in a single bot (the one you play best with) and get it to R4/R5 so you can then fully explore Expert and maybe Master. Your team growth will move much more quickly once you break through the Spotlight ceiling. Plus it’s one of the few game modes reliable month to month. @Konvoy
    @JIMMY_SAB thanks for the tip. I think you're right. Megatron was the difference I needed to deal with Shockwave. so now I can either try act 4 or go back to try to 100% some of the Act 3 missions. But liek you say, Spotlight is the real challenge