Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How do you feel about this game?

2»

Comments

• I've been playing one year and 1 month and...

It's been boring and Repetitive for a while to me, when not downright frustrating by forced limitations and forced playing to get some objective.

For me it turned mostly into a bot collection game, though now that I have all 5* non titans but 2 + 1 Titan (or 2 if I get g1 bee instead of waiting for the more useful Necro), this part is stalling as well.

Arenas? Became very boring, very fast. Only do them out of use for some resource.

Story? Completed it all to 100%.

Monthly missions? The new schedule is great for keeping the rhythm up plus allowing more flexibility to get objectives, plus rewards are now good...

But you see the repetition, same mods all over again, same mode of playing.

And more infuriating: maps that make it too slow to play because of energy wasted going through a lot of empty tiles.

The only map I liked so far was the previous to last in act 3, star shaped where your bot was at the center and just 1 hop away from any enemy.

All that remains for me now is upgrading bots (only 7 R5s here, maybe in 2 lifetimes I get enough t4c to upgrade the whole roster?) and 2 missions from LOC.

RoTK is plenty challenge for me still and then there's the one that follows.

Plus it's gentle on energy, so it's a reason to keep playing and trying to upgrade bots as far as possible (for bad players like me at least, I know guys that can beat RoTK with R4s!)

My suggestion would be to add something simple (if only on the surface) that had potential to change the whole game dynamics:

-Jumping capability during a fight.
    -Transform not just to do a heavy, but to move around in "heavy mode"
    -Possibility to grab some weapon laying in the ground during a fight
    -Some gore, allowing bots to cripple each other (remove a limb) in more ways than just debuffs.
    -add some kind of "pit stop capability" during missions that would allow for repairs to said losses (with added penalty, of course) or adding temporary upgrades that are unlike our current kits (maybe a way to replace those altogether)
    -add a "quest" mode that involves something other than 1 on 1 fighting (like finding a hidden item, destroying something else, etc)

I know, little of that is easy to implement and giving that this is one the few really free to play games out there (you can get all the functionality without paying a dime), maybe it's too much of an ask.
  • KakaMax wrote: »
    -Some gore, allowing bots to cripple each other (remove a limb) in more ways than just debuffs.

Ah yes, I can't wait to glory kill Waspinator using his own gun as MV1!

r184ir292rc2.gif

• FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    edited September 2020
    KakaMax wrote: »
    Kids/Children play this game bro!
    even if they are robots and even if the children have seen the Michael bay movies
    God forbid all the ki##ing scenes
    kissing or killing I DON"T CARE!
    I don't think it will be nice
    it'll bring destructive feelings in kids
    Trust me I've been there
  • Firebot wrote: »
    even if they are robots and even if the children have seen the Michael bay movies
    Trust me I've been there

You ever heard of the Clone Wars?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8iN6T_M_A
  • Grimes79Grimes79 Posts: 65
    edited September 2020
    Awesome feedback again, folks.

Maybe copy/paste some of that in the App Store.

If you are completely satisfied then I guess that means 5*’s. If you aren’t completely satisfied, then maybe let a lower # of stars speak for you.

I chose 1 of those options (wink wink) 🙂. Love the game but it’s really left much to be desired lately.

Also let the stars speak if you have to restart your app most times you want to start a second away mission.
  • You are not alone in those thoughts, friend.
  • Firebot wrote: »
    Trust me I've been there

Firebot i agree kabam should do something about that
  • I startes playing about 3 or 4 months ago, and I've been playing almost every single day(getting calendar rewards)
    I noticed how these last 2 Special Missions have tweaked the difficulties. Commander difficulty is way too hard. Waspinator with increased ranged attack rate while he has Energon Shield active is just ridiculous. If you're gonna strong arm players into a Pay to Win model, you could at least make the shitty store less predatory. At this point, any free energon I get, I gamble it in away missions in hopes I can upgrade 4* bot signatures. My story mission progress is totally halted as well, because that fight with Megatronus in Act 4 Chapter 1 is frustrating as hell. Total grindfest at this point, and no real incentive but the time investment I've already made and my love for Transformers.

I'll go to the gstore to rate this 2 out of 5. I recently tried Skullgirls Mobile and its by FAR the BEST mobile fighting game. So very f2p friendly and the gameplay is fair, you don't get pummeled by some bullshit buff you can't fight without paying. At least I assume paying to get more resources is how you can do it. After 4 months, I'm wondering how the **** I can get T4 sparks for even 2 or 3 5* bots, let alone an entire squad of them.
  • Thanks FrankGrim.

You may have been more generous than I was.
  • I agree that about waspinator but for that megs try to use primal
  • 9z3pb3e8lk9d.png
  • FrankGrim wrote: »
    I startes playing about 3 or 4 months ago, and I've been playing almost every single day(getting calendar rewards)
    I noticed how these last 2 Special Missions have tweaked the difficulties. Commander difficulty is way too hard. Waspinator with increased ranged attack rate while he has Energon Shield active is just ridiculous. If you're gonna strong arm players into a Pay to Win model, you could at least make the shitty store less predatory. At this point, any free energon I get, I gamble it in away missions in hopes I can upgrade 4* bot signatures. My story mission progress is totally halted as well, because that fight with Megatronus in Act 4 Chapter 1 is frustrating as hell. Total grindfest at this point, and no real incentive but the time investment I've already made and my love for Transformers.

I'll go to the gstore to rate this 2 out of 5. I recently tried Skullgirls Mobile and its by FAR the BEST mobile fighting game. So very f2p friendly and the gameplay is fair, you don't get pummeled by some bullshit buff you can't fight without paying. At least I assume paying to get more resources is how you can do it. After 4 months, I'm wondering how the **** I can get T4 sparks for even 2 or 3 5* bots, let alone an entire squad of them.

Commander level, way too hard? Strong arm players into paying?

Have patience, get better bots and become a better player, what now seems impossible will become not so hard and finally, easy.

That waspinator was annoying as hell but not that hard if you watched for the indicators as once the energon shield went offline, he became very weak (talking about prime, commander was boring easy for me).

I don't know what kind of bots you're using but by the time you've been playing, I guess not even close to 5* ones at r3, which is the point when commander level should not be challenging any more.

With maxed out 5* bots, prime becomes easy except for the hardest path of the hardest mission when you have to start being more careful and patient while keeping an eye on the mods and seeing how they behave.

As for story, the only really hard one is the boss of act 4 chapter 4, that necro is the dirtiest, most despicable thing Kabam has come up with so far.