Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Special Attack gets blocked and the Bot gets countered afterward

MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
K, So I was using drift against sideswipe. I did a full 5 hit combo and launched a special, it gets blocked and drift gets countered with a combo afterward. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Sideswipe evasive buff is on? His evasion is very annoying, can break away from a combo, I've experienced it many times. Best is launched your sp before the buff is up, don't wait for the 5 hit combo.
  • MegaStrikersMegaStrikers Posts: 264
    edited September 2020
    Sideswipe evasive buff is on? His evasion is very annoying, can break away from a combo, I've experienced it many times. Best is launched your sp before the buff is up, don't wait for the 5 hit combo.
    Read what I said again, it got blocked. And no his evasion buff was not active.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Sideswipe evasive buff is on? His evasion is very annoying, can break away from a combo, I've experienced it many times. Best is launched your sp before the buff is up, don't wait for the 5 hit combo.

no. he's talking about the game bug.

OP...it'll happen from time to time...unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it because it's really on them to fix their bad code that gives the AI "ultra instinct". There are also times when it is because your game lagged right when you tap the sp but you can tell when this happens.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    K, So I was using drift against sideswipe. I did a full 5 hit combo and launched a special, it gets blocked and drift gets countered with a combo afterward. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep, all the time. Sadly, going for that 5th hit and then trying to land the SP is too risky. It’s not as bad as it was 3-4 months ago but still present.
  • Yes, it happens to me often... with different bots against various bots in different modes. Couple days ago it happened against wasp in mini spotlight. Wasp blocked 2 sp1 from Grimlock in a row... Cost me Grimlock... Fortunately, I was able to finish that mission with other bots...
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2020
    This explains a lot... from Sideswipe’s Info:
    6xcf0icgvieg.jpeg
    Basically, once you connect on Basic Melee Attacks 7 times (something I am all too guilty of), Sideswipe has an increased probability to not just evade basic Melee Attacks, but also Special Melee Attacks (like Drift’s SP1 & SP2... his SP3 is unbkockable). I had this happen to me on Grimlock’s SP1 & OG Optimus‘ SP1 in my most recent Titan Cycles Mission).
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Technobot wrote: »
    [...]
    Basically, once you connect on Basic Melee Attacks 7 times (something I am all too guilty of), Sideswipe has an increased probability to not just evade basic Melee Attacks, but also Special Melee Attacks (like Drift’s SP1 & SP2... his SP3 is unbkockable). I had this happen to me on Grimlock’s SP1 & OG Optimus‘ SP1 in my most recent Titan Cycles Mission).

Yes, this can happen. Though, an evade doesn’t mean the AI blocks as it did for OP - it means the the AI evades or dodges.

The too-fast-of-a-reaction issue still does occur, but not as often as it did before Kabam kinda fixed it. I have it recorded somewhere, but am too lazy to find it and edit it into a gif.
    6xcf0icgvieg.jpeg

you know most evade can proc on a sp right? it's not a Sideswipe ability
    Darm0k wrote: »
    [...]

Yes, this can happen. Though, an evade doesn’t mean the AI blocks as it did for OP - it means the the AI evades or dodges.

The too-fast-of-a-reaction issue still does occur, but not as often as it did before Kabam kinda fixed it. I have it recorded somewhere, but am too lazy to find it and edit it into a gif.

I feel like this AI reaction issue is creeping back.. but not with block or the heavy dodging..it's more being able to do another move during what should be a cool down...esp with Bots that are already given quick reflexes. Jetfire been doing some crazy stuff that the animations can't keep up.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited September 2020
    Voltron wrote: »
    6xcf0icgvieg.jpeg

you know most evade can proc on a sp right? it's not a Sideswipe ability

That’s true... but in the case of my OG Optimus’ SP1, I connected on the 1st (& 2nd) Melee portions of the SP1 attack, but Sideswipe dodged the final Melee portion of the attack and immediately countered. And yes, I have seen Arcee & an accelerated Hot Rod do that too, but still, I was always under the assumption that once you connected on any part of the Special attack, the rest of the attack would connect as well. I guess I am wrong.