Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

How about 3-5k worth of raid chips for successful defense?

You want us to invest in mods but don't reward us the same way you reward us for investing in bots who are able to help us by earning raid chips. How about a payout that's similar to winning a raid only for successfully defending a raid? I'd be more inclined to give mods more attention if this were the case, including dropping energon for that HA deal you have going on. As it stands now though, I could care less about them and your efforts to promote mod deals are wasted.

Comments

• Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I like that idea. Without that there is simply no benefit to defending your base.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Outside of 1 or 2 very specific bot and mod combinations it's basically impossible to stop attacks.

The other problem is the upgrade material for 3*-4* aren't made available like bots are, so the game doesn't even support mods.

I think to be effective there needs to be a couple of changes.

Unfortunately, if bases are more defendable the whole raid chip system needs to go back to the old style where individual bots give more chips. There's too many random factors like crashing, the timer, special baiting not working, God mode ai/speed ups or the abused combos that can cause a raid to lose. There's too much pressure and frustration at a lost reward. There needs to be more smaller achievable things to make players feel happy, release endorphins.

It's also funny that when I successfully defend I immediately get attacked again, as if the game has decided that I just must lose. Happens every time I have a success, basically negating it and making it worthless. I get attacked more if a defense is successful.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Terminal wrote: »
    It's also funny that when I successfully defend I immediately get attacked again, as if the game has decided that I just must lose. Happens every time I have a success, basically negating it and making it worthless. I get attacked more if a defense is successful.

You stay in the 'raid pool' until you lose 3 times. So yes, you will lose 3 times (with about an hour in between) no matter how many defenses you have.

Other than that, a bonus for successful defense would be nice. Any sort of bonus for knocked out bots would be nice, even on losses.

• Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    I totally agree that there must be a reward for a successful defense. One idea is the raid chip reward. Another idea is that a defense counts towards your '3 losses', to remove you from the attack pool.

At the moment, there's no value to defending your base. The slightly higher bonus in various events doesn't compensate for the loss of chips, as well as the fact that you need to fight tougher bases as you rise up.

There's little reward for being at the top, which shows when people dump their chips, strip their bases, and exit raids immediately to drop their score.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yea you are right, you want to stay in the sweet spot around 1.500 medals.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This is precisely why I have been suggesting (for months now) a weekly or monthly raid ladder reward.

You should earn a prize based on ranking so that the medal count actually means something beneficial.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Any tips on building medal count? I can hit 10-12k raid chips per set of raids easy enough, but I can't seem to stay at 1100 medals. Every time I manage it, I get raided back down to around 975-1000. The fact that being raided takes just as many medals as you get for raiding stings a bit, although I like the change to make my stockpiled chips a bit safer.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    CandKane wrote: »
    Any tips on building medal count? I can hit 10-12k raid chips per set of raids easy enough, but I can't seem to stay at 1100 medals. Every time I manage it, I get raided back down to around 975-1000. The fact that being raided takes just as many medals as you get for raiding stings a bit, although I like the change to make my stockpiled chips a bit safer.

After a good 3 raid run where you know you'll be able to do another set as soon as you recharge, use a raid shield in between.

The 1100 medal zone is rife with hungry players. You need to get yourself somewhere between 1200-1350 medals and you won't get as much heat on you, you'll be able to retain those medals with minimal effort.

Wait for a 3 or 7 day item use event, that way using a raid shield puts points up for your alliance too :)