Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Suggestion to fix raids and revenge [moderator edit for clarity]

kranderskranders Posts: 479
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Seriously there should be a minimum requirement for raid bases. This crap where people don't have a base but can raid high level bases is bull. Also show the persons base eating before revenge for the exact reason above. It's [removed by moderation, replace with "annyong"] wasting a raid ticket for these [removed by moderation, replace with "players"] that don't run a base. Breaks the revenge option.

Comments

• SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    At least you can get revenge. Every time I try, and I do mean EVERY time, it errors saying opponent is unavailable.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Yea I've gotten two since day one but never again until it's fixed.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    There already is a minimum requirement, you can't have a base without a boss, that's it just the one bot, that's the minimum. Most players who have allot of medals or those who are on top in leaderboards do this, 1: So they keep their medal count withing a certain range, 2: so most players won't attack because it's too small of a reward, and 3: if someone does attack because it looks like a easy target, that player just got baited into a revenge by this high rank player, if he/she can revenge.

Personally right now with the drift and knight crystal event, I like these small bases, high or low rank those rewards stay the same, so I'd rather go for the quick win to just get those items.
    Your explanation is exactly why they should fix it. You shouldn't be able to manipulate it to keep your medals. Most people use raids to get alphas. Not for a one off event. When you get stuck with two 10k and one 1k base it's a waste. You also shouldn't have to gamble on a revenge.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    ... Most players who have allot of medals or those who are on top in leaderboards do this...

Since 3 out of the top 5 are of my alliance, checking out their defense ratings was rather easy. They run respectively 12k, 13k and 9k defenses. Hardly the single bot ones you're referring to. Running a high defense is a better way to protect medals than no defense, because with so many players, people WILL attack you if you're low. Also with 10k+ defenses, but at least then you might win one or two before you're defeated 3 times and can't be raided anymore, which saves you a bit of medals. Though at that high medal count, you gain 1-5 for every 50 you lose if you raid once for every time you're raided. They are on top because they raid. A lot. Not because of their bases.

Do you think it's possible that these people with low defense bases are trying to do the community and newer players a favor because they don't care about medals? They're giving away easy wins for those looking for drift chips and knight crystal shards and making it easy for those interested in climbing the ladder?

Just a thought.

Interesting thought though I still think it's to avoid being raided because this was before the special event. I make sure to get the four alpha shards before anything else so I do avoid them until the end of the day. Then I hit every low base I find. I still think it's a fundamental flaw. To raid at a high level I think you should have to maintain a decent base.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited June 2017
    I think it's fine how it is now. If people want to set low defence bases then go right ahead. It would be too hard to implement a minimum that would make sense for the entire range of low level to high level players. People who set low level bases lose out on gold and medals (especially if they are high in the leaderboard).
    Minimum ranges could be set. It's not fine how it is when you are limited to three choices and you can't see a base before choosing revenge. When your choices end up being two 10k bases or a 1k base it's a waste. Also medals are pointless, if people want to brag about medals good on them.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    You can see the person's base rating and medal count before you revenge them, but probably not the number of raid tokens for a win. You may need to click through to their profile to see it, but that's available from the raid results tower.

For me, the reason revenge is useless is that it's never preferable to have a choice of one target compared with a choice of three targets, but each option incurs the same cost (1 raid ticket). So revenge is never a good use of a ticket compared with normal raiding. Which is why I'm always amazed that people get so upset about it not working (since it's never worth doing, who cares if it works?)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I agree it's never worth doing, so I vote for removal. And isn't removal easier than a fix?