Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

8 hot rod crystals and nothing

8 crystals, almost 4 bucks...nothing but 2 star junk. What's up with that? I know I can't expect a hot rod or a 4star....but really?

Comments

• DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    I opened a couple and duped 2 3* bots.
  • Duped?
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Opened 7 and got 7 2* bots and they wonder why people are quiting the game makes me want to quit the game too. More money down the drain done spending a penny on the crappy drop rates.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    It's amazing that so many of the same players complaining about the drop rates on the previous feature crystals buy again on the new one and complain again.

Have you never heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me"?
  • DiacloneDiaclone Posts: 29
    150 for a hot rod Crystal and all you get is freaking common duplicates. If You're spending the 50 extra energon on crystals then you should at least get something better than a common character.
  • 2Pocalypse2Pocalypse Posts: 39
    I'm thanking my lucky stars for this...

vsk8ijb343xw.jpg
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited June 2017
    if rates were made clear, there wouldn't be unhappy customers feeling like they got ripped off.

I fail to see how hiding the rates protects the integrity of the game. All other companies much bigger than Kabam have now done it (and really, because the app is available in China and makes money from that region, they're legally required to reveal the rates anyway, I'm not sure what the penalty is for not doing it or how they think they can ignore it when companies like Blizzard and Riot have to do it). There's nothing to be afraid of if the rates are not absurd.

And if you have to choose between people complaining that the rates are not fair and refuse to spend versus people complaining they got ripped off and just up and quitting the game (and likely getting an App Store refund anyway) it would be better to choose the former.

This game needs to grow the player base. It constantly crashes and has multiple bugs and zero compensation is given. I know other games that give compensation if a text description is wrong and generously compensate if there's a bug. The result is a committed player base and the game is making plenty of money through their gacha system. Lots of opening videos on YouTube etc. They also rely on nostalgia and have a similar demographic.

The difference is how they treat their customers. They don't even need a forum with official replies because they acknowledge, compensate and fix everything.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I got one, spent 2 bucks on an energon card and saved up:g98eeodjsk9q.png
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I agree they should post drop rates though. Even if they're abysmal (cough*fire emblem*cough), at least we would know
    Terminal wrote: »
    if rates were made clear, there wouldn't be unhappy customers feeling like they got ripped off.

I fail to see how hiding the rates protects the integrity of the game. All other companies much bigger than Kabam have now done it (and really, because the app is available in China and makes money from that region, they're legally required to reveal the rates anyway, I'm not sure what the penalty is for not doing it or how they think they can ignore it when companies like Blizzard and Riot have to do it). There's nothing to be afraid of if the rates are not absurd.

And if you have to choose between people complaining that the rates are not fair and refuse to spend versus people complaining they got ripped off and just up and quitting the game (and likely getting an App Store refund anyway) it would be better to choose the former.

This game needs to grow the player base. It constantly crashes and has multiple bugs and zero compensation is given. I know other games that give compensation if a text description is wrong and generously compensate if there's a bug. The result is a committed player base and the game is making plenty of money through their gacha system. Lots of opening videos on YouTube etc. They also rely on nostalgia and have a similar demographic.

The difference is how they treat their customers. They don't even need a forum with official replies because they acknowledge, compensate and fix everything.

TL;DR man... You got some long rants everywhere, haha!

Bottom line is, players are to blame for prices, content, and drop rates... Not kabam. Current demand/appetite for these crystals tells them that they are hitting their monetization targets.

They aren't gonna alter a thing if everyone keeps buying, and you will never rally a boycott across the entire player base. Kabam won't stand for it either, they will erase all posts referring to boycotts including this one.

Welcome to the real world.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Don't buy those crystals please, featured and PBC. They are simply not worth it and that's the only way to force Kabam to do something. You'll get enough bots from free stuff, believe me.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Feature crystals are for fools and the rich that just don't care what it takes to get a bot. I played MCOC for 2 years and never opened them and still had a great time with that game.

You guys complaining are like the same suckers that pump money in those crane games at the arcade and then whine that the game is rigged. YES IT IS RIGGED. Don't be a sucker and then complain about it.
  • JLHart05JLHart05 Posts: 21
    "Don't buy those crystals please, featured and PBC. They are simply not worth it and that's the only way to force Kabam to do something. You'll get enough bots from free stuff, believe me."

Exactly that right there.

Save up your energon for a guaranteed 3-star crystal, or better yet, when they start to offer the 4-star crystal in a year or two.

Any crystal with a "chance" at a 3-star or 4-star isn't worth it. Only time I bit on one of those was the 7 crystal deal for 300 energon. I thought that was a good deal. I've opened 5 of them so far. Received 2 3-stars out of it. Bumblebee and Ironhide.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    You buy the crystals knowing the drop rate isn't good don't complain lol
    We can't really say if they're hitting their monetization targets or not, even if they weren't they wouldn't suddenly drop it, it's only been out a few months.

We can see though from rankings that there aren't that many players.

All these gacha games are monetized with whales as the focus, that will never change and has been standard for years and years.

The pricing and rates of drops is nothing new here.

The difference is how the devs respond or ignore bugs and don't compensate when people lose items through bugs. The game should not be crashing so much after release and they're not acknowledging and taking responsibility for their mistakes. Putting their head in the sand is not going to help them. They should look at successful games and how they navigate errors and follow that method.

The calendars are a step in the right direction and have a good balance of rewards. Unfortunately other areas like alliance missions don't line up. Logging in is better than playing the game for rewards.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    The game should force a 3 star upon opening 10 PBC.
  • NeoNeo Posts: 21
    8 crystals, almost 4 bucks...nothing but 2 star junk. What's up with that? I know I can't expect a hot rod or a 4star....but really?

szl0e0zvo7l3.jpg
    We can't really say if they're hitting their monetization targets or not, even if they weren't they wouldn't suddenly drop it, it's only been out a few months.

We can see though from rankings that there aren't that many players.

All these gacha games are monetized with whales as the focus, that will never change and has been standard for years and years.

The pricing and rates of drops is nothing new here.

The difference is how the devs respond or ignore bugs and don't compensate when people lose items through bugs. The game should not be crashing so much after release and they're not acknowledging and taking responsibility for their mistakes. Putting their head in the sand is not going to help them. They should look at successful games and how they navigate errors and follow that method.

The calendars are a step in the right direction and have a good balance of rewards. Unfortunately other areas like alliance missions don't line up. Logging in is better than playing the game for rewards.

Guess what? They have an incredibly successful game exactly like this one in virtually every single way.

Why would they change from a proven formula?
    Great logic, tell that to Transformers battle tactics, exactly like super battle tactics in virtually every single way. Oh wait, you can't because it failed. Copy paste doesn't work.

However, regardless of formula, the things I mentioned that should change are bugs getting fixed and compensation given if people lose things because of it.

Not quite sure what you want to argue about here.
    edited July 2017
    Great logic, tell that to Transformers battle tactics, exactly like super battle tactics in virtually every single way. Oh wait, you can't because it failed. Copy paste doesn't work.

However, regardless of formula, the things I mentioned that should change are bugs getting fixed and compensation given if people lose things because of it.

Not quite sure what you want to argue about here.

I'm being devil's advocate. They will push the same model until they see that they aren't netting the same profits according to the size of the player base.
  • I got 6 bucks worth of crystals yesterday trying for a 3 or 4 star and only got 2 star bots... but none of them showed up in my bots list! Wtf? Any ideas? Can you only have a certain amount of bots ? Why aren't they showing up? I got ripped off!
  • camaro57camaro57 Posts: 212
    2Pocalypse wrote: »
    I'm thanking my lucky stars for this...

vsk8ijb343xw.jpg

how much for 10 hotrod crystals?
    also do you know how much for 10 drift crystals