Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

HOT ROD

2Pocalypse2Pocalypse Posts: 39
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Do you think they made him too weak?

HOT ROD 21 votes

Yes
71%
Micheal1075GrimlockFoxhole342BigbowlrNightchrisDavien2PocalypseKillMasterCBlogZmogismaxlovesamberNerguryMufc14JeffbeeLarrrKeith 15 votes
No
28%
Jay32CandKaneMontanaManGunz0DzSlootsLegacyTheApp 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2017
    Don't have him wouldn't know but in am I kick him around no different than drift

But his ability to prevent evade greater than any bleed imo
  • Options
    SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    I don't own him yet either but his ability does seem pretty cool. It's basically another bumblebee, hence the brother in arms.
  • Options
    DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    No
    Got him duped. Pretty good imo
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    No
    Got him unduped, he does rely on his ranged attack quite a bit to apply deceleration but you can get into a good rhythm with him
  • Options
    SepsisSepsis Posts: 63
    uuesuwsejzmx.jpg

I absolutely love his moves!!
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Yes
    both Hot Rod and Drift are weak. They suck when compare to Bludgeon and Bonecrusher.
  • Options
    Yes
    I feel like he is kind of weak. His s1 does the same damage as his heavy attack. And deceleration sounds good but in action, bots still evade by jumping back. I mean his moves look great. I love them. The s3 is amazing to watch. And I'm pretty sure every warrior class bot has some form of bleed. They should've classed him tactician or something. I have him 4*, rank 2 maxed, plus 20 forged but I find g1 prime 3*, rank 4 maxed, 0 forged is stronger.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Not too weak, just too ugly. Dude looks like the alien from Predator dressed up in a rusty old nazi uniform. I guess that's Bay's fault more than anyone though

Don't know how you can say Drift is weaker than Bludgeon though. Drift is awesome. Bludgeon is super generic
  • Options
    Yes
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Not too weak, just too ugly. Dude looks like the alien from Predator dressed up in a rusty old nazi uniform. I guess that's Bay's fault more than anyone though

Don't know how you can say Drift is weaker than Bludgeon though. Drift is awesome. Bludgeon is super generic

I agree with you about his looks. I mean his automobile form is sweet but yeah. Hot rod's been my favorite since l was a kid. A legend in my mind. This new version doesn't compare too nicely.

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    No
    He's average, I like is deacceleration and ranged attack color. He's a good power control and evasion counter bot
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Hotrod was always my favorite too. I really hope we eventually get a G1 Hotrod in the game
  • Options
    No
    Hotrod was always my favorite too. I really hope we eventually get a G1 Hotrod in the game

I would like a G1 Rodimus Prime for more fun and stuff
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Yes
    But any bot with ranged heavy can live longer if you have patience. That's how you should play Bludgeon. Other than that, Bludgeon is a well-painted Sharkticon Warrior.
  • Options
    No
    Drfit is a reskin of Bludgeon lol
  • Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Drift has nothing to with Bludgeon at all, except their class and the weapons they use. One is fast, while the other is heavy. Bludegon is pretty lame and weak as his buff don't activate often, while Drift requires a lot of skill to rise his combometer and he inflicts bleed on a regular basis.
  • Options
    MontanaManMontanaMan Posts: 11
    No
    So, what happens to the remainder of the Drift chips saved up? Do they get converted, or just eventually lost?
  • Options
    Yes
    He's gorgeous and I'm happy I got one even though it cost me a small fortune and I couldn't keep any rank in Arenas even remotely close to obtaining him there. While his moves are not necessarily weak, I think he has a strong learning curve. His moves are very acrobatic and wide in my opinion making his reach and maneuverability a tad tricky to get used to at least in my case. i'm more used to bots like Bludgeon and Prime who attack more-so directly forward. I think he's a little soft-fisted but that may just be balancing for his high mobility.
  • Options
    Yes
    Peyote wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Drift has nothing to with Bludgeon at all, except their class and the weapons they use. One is fast, while the other is heavy. Bludegon is pretty lame and weak as his buff don't activate often, while Drift requires a lot of skill to rise his combometer and he inflicts bleed on a regular basis.

I agree that they're nothing alike but Bludgeon was my star player up until yesterday lol. His buff activated almost all the time for me if I got first hit and chained a 4-5 hit combo at the start of a match. He was really reliable for me. Not the greatest bot in the roster at all but I don't see him as flat like many other players do.
  • Options
    Yes
    But any bot with ranged heavy can live longer if you have patience. That's how you should play Bludgeon. Other than that, Bludgeon is a well-painted Sharkticon Warrior.

I don't think I EVER keep Bludgeon ranged lol. I get him up close and personal and he rocks. Just need a 4* of him so he can stay my star player!
  • Options
    Yes
    MontanaMan wrote: »
    So, what happens to the remainder of the Drift chips saved up? Do they get converted, or just eventually lost?

Yeah they get lost. They did it about a month ago with waspinator. I had 5k I forgot about and missed the deadline to spend them =*(
  • Options
    Yes
    Thank you all for voting and stating opinions in this poll. The main thing I wanted to get across was that he seems weak for being hot rod. Watch when they release megatron this coming weak or so. I bet he'll be pretty close to being op
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    No
    Megs being deliberately OP I can understand. Also Hot Rod being underwhelming may be a jab at him getting Optimus killed 30 years ago