Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

They Nerfed Rachet!

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Comparing Atari with the games nowadays... Again, an unfit analogy as obviously this industry hasn't evolved in 40 years

I'm not going to keep arguing that Ratchet was overpowered as he could leave every fight with technically all his life. That makes him unvulnerable, and it's obviously a problem. And that's why you guys are so mad about it because now you can only have a bot half of his life all the time...
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I think the best solution is to just offer rank down items when they do things like this.

That way, no one can complain about having lost anything, they can put it in to another bot so their time and investment isn't wasted.

I have to say I agree with Peyote, a lot of the complaints really seem to focus on Ratchet having an irreplaceable role in alliance missions and people being forced to now use items as the replacement or drop the difficulty down.

If the only way to do a high difficulty is ratchet or items, then there's something either wrong with ratchet, the difficulty or the rest of the team being too low in power.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Terminal wrote: »
    I think the best solution is to just offer rank down items when they do things like this.

That way, no one can complain about having lost anything, they can put it in to another bot so their time and investment isn't wasted.

I have to say I agree with Peyote, a lot of the complaints really seem to focus on Ratchet having an irreplaceable role in alliance missions and people being forced to now use items as the replacement or drop the difficulty down.

If the only way to do a high difficulty is ratchet or items, then there's something either wrong with ratchet, the difficulty or the rest of the team being too low in power.

Is there a rank down ticket in MCOC? If not don't think Kabam will entertain us here. This game is basically a copy of that.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited July 2017
    Davien wrote: »

Is there a rank down ticket in MCOC? If not don't think Kabam will entertain us here. This game is basically a copy of that.

They gave everyone a few rank down tickets after a recent update where they FUBARed everything up so bad there was a massive campaign by the players to downvote the game on Google Play or iTunes until Kabam listened to the players. They have spent the last couple of months trying to recover from the massive flop of that patch.

On another note - I went back and tried to find prior threads complaining about Ratchet and how he was overpowered, and shockingly, I only came across posts that talked about him already being balanced, and that if anything, he needed a buff to his damage output because it was so low. So, im having a hard time understanding why the nerf to Ratched was done, and done to such an extreme? And to be clear - while I do have a 3* Ratchet, hes not duped and I rarely use him over the other bots I have...so I have very little skin in the game.
  • Options
    MezoriMezori Posts: 38
    We are now officially having people quit the game from our top 20 alliance after this soaked in. @Kabam Miike you guys need to fix this as soon as possible, not just monitor the bot and eventually do something about it. I think the biggest issue I have is the greed that your company has. You put out rank up offers that you know people are going to use on Ratchet or MM, then nerf them quick without warning as they expire. Last week you had a 3* HA offer for 650 and in a previous reply you stated they were next on your radar to get nerfed. It honestly like you're trying to go out of your way to milk people of their money and them get them super upset right after. If you knew these nerfs were coming you should have said something earlier instead of trying to make some extra money. Again so disappointed in this update and Kabam's ethics.
  • Options
    Davien wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »

Hey Dav, They issued rank down tickets for the mess up that was update 12 in mcoc to keep the player base happy. If it was possible there it should be possible here. The only difference is that this game would also have to include the forge level in the rank down as well as the rank itself.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Peyote wrote: »
    Comparing Atari with the games nowadays... Again, an unfit analogy as obviously this industry hasn't evolved in 40 years

I'm not going to keep arguing that Ratchet was overpowered as he could leave every fight with technically all his life. That makes him unvulnerable, and it's obviously a problem. And that's why you guys are so mad about it because now you can only have a bot half of his life all the time...

There wasn't an analogy about Atari just a statement that I've been gaming for nearly 30 years so I sorta understand how things work, smh. I'm really not sure you even understand what you are talking about. So many of these posts aren't just complaining about the regen but the removal of power gain and the fact that nothing was added to properly balance him out. He has absolutely no advantage in the beginning of fights. Which other bot has that distinction? Every single bot has something useful. At 50% his heal can't keep up and without power gain you lose S2 or even S3 for damage. His S1 does pitiful damage and the stun is fairly useless unless it procs more.

A compromise would be to reinstate his power gain which could allow you to use S2. Switch his S1 to heal. Allow his shock proc to heal or power gain or increase his damage, which would be unpredictable, but any would be fair. Give him some other utility. You could literally do almost anything but the approach that was taken has basically mad him the worst bot in the game.

It's funny though your posts about MM coming out of unstoppable to block was okay? What if you couldn't go unstoppable until 50% or you only got melee buffs at 25%. I mean really. MM was not fundamentally changed. Ratchet was which is why people are upset. Do you really need that explained to you?
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    People already quitting instead of even trying to adapt when new AM comes out. Seems like they wasted their time and possibly money.
  • Options
    Wolfe wrote: »
    People already quitting instead of even trying to adapt when new AM comes out. Seems like they wasted their time and possibly money.

They did testing on the hard lanes of act 3.1.6 and were not impressed. If he can barely perform in solo play, how is he expected to do in AM map 2 difficulty 30+? Don't need to have him in AM to see that this is going to be a huge problem.
  • Options
    vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    i'm more annoyed that i invested resources into him. i understand the need to adjust characters. but damn... all those resources couldve gone to something else.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    There are some cases that rank downs should be offered. This should be one of them.
    Mezori wrote: »
    Wolfe wrote: »

They did testing on the hard lanes of act 3.1.6 and were not impressed. If he can barely perform in solo play, how is he expected to do in AM map 2 difficulty 30+? Don't need to have him in AM to see that this is going to be a huge problem.

I said trying to adapt not continue to use him like before. Quitting is a waste of time and money spent. Make suggestions, do some complaining, etc and then just adapt game play. Stop spending if you want but quitting over adjustments? Extreme. To each their own.
  • Options
    There needs to be some serious compensation for players impacted by this change. I would never have max forged this bot or dumped an alpha spark, and so much gold, ore, and Energon into him in his current state. It went from being my favorite bot to one that is garbage and that I'll likely forge to get rid of.

There should be 1 of 3 things that happen for players that have an r4, Max Forge Rachet:
    1. Bring Rachet back to his previous capabilities - no change.
    2. If there's being a 4* version introduced that will be close to original functionality then the players with a Max forge and r4 Rachet should get a 4* r2 duped Rachet free on release.
    3. Players should be refunded for the alpha spark, bots, and all energon, ore, and gold dumped into a bot that is now worthless.

This change affected some of your most active and valuable players in the game and everyone is very frustrated by it in the forums and on chats.

The standard response from Kabam Support about not doing anything about this problem is disrespectful and equivalent to giving a middle finger to your most valuable players.

Something needs to be done quick.
  • Options
    @Peyote - he is no longer a good bot - he's garbage now. He was my favorite bot, and is now garbage. Your most valuable players are giving you feedback.

Do you want to be dismissive and disrespectful to them?
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike - your response was at least respectful and I appreciate the tone in your message, but please note that your most valuable players are telling you that this bot is now no longer viable and the weakest bot period from our perspective.

I'm hoping you'll take the feedback seriously as well as my recommended solutions above and do something about it.

This bot is just not worth everything I've put into him. He is now the weakest bot on my squad and he is max forge.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited July 2017
    I still find Ratchet viable, but I only ever use him arena.
  • Options
    Well said!

There needs to be some serious compensation for players impacted by this change. I would never have max forged this bot or dumped an alpha spark, and so much gold, ore, and Energon into him in his current state. It went from being my favorite bot to one that is garbage and that I'll likely forge to get rid of.

There should be 1 of 3 things that happen for players that have an r4, Max Forge Rachet:
    1. Bring Rachet back to his previous capabilities - no change.
    2. If there's being a 4* version introduced that will be close to original functionality then the players with a Max forge and r4 Rachet should get a 4* r2 duped Rachet free on release.
    3. Players should be refunded for the alpha spark, bots, and all energon, ore, and gold dumped into a bot that is now worthless.

This change affected some of your most active and valuable players in the game and everyone is very frustrated by it in the forums and on chats.

The standard response from Kabam Support about not doing anything about this problem is disrespectful and equivalent to giving a middle finger to your most valuable players.

Something needs to be done quick.

• Options
    I have had other top 20 Alliances (whales) telling me they have stopped spending including myself until they treat there customers fairly..
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    This guy is truly awful in everything now.

He's also unusable in arena. I was in streak 13 in 4 star arena and lost it because my only logical choice was to pair him off against a Grindor with 500+ rating advantage against me.

Pillow Hands vs. Armored Tank.

Prior to his disabling (I refuse to call it a nerf; you crippled the poor guy) it would've been a 5 minute long slug/bait/heal fest, but I would've prevailed and would've kept my streak going. Such as he is now, it was no contest because he couldn't keep up. He was outclassed in every way; may as well have been a gorilla wailing on a quadriplegic.

Can you at least consider some of the suggestions offered? Lower the amount of health per second he's able to gain back or at the very least bring his power gain back after he does a heavy attack? Because by the time you can even use his sp3, it's waaayyy too late to be of any use.

• Options
    SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I have had other top 20 Alliances (whales) telling me they have stopped spending including myself until they treat there customers fairly..

Add me to the list.

Frankly it's a matter of trust now.

How can I in good faith spend anything on this game when it's quite obvious it can be taken away in a moments notice without compensation?

Still on the topic of trust, how can I trust Kabam game designers, when they do a nerf this stupid?
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited July 2017
    As expected, the first day of AMs sucked without Ratchet. Hope Kabam enjoys the extra bit of profit from it while pissing off their player base a little more. There was barely enough time from news of the Ratchet changes to the first AM. Certainly not enough time to bring up another bot to have some sort of replacement for him.

Kabam states on their website they develop free-to-play games. "Freemium" games as they call it. Clearly, they did not like how Ratchet was a main reason for keeping it FTP. While I keep hearing it's common practice for this to happen in MCOC, it really does make it hard to trust in Kabam that they won't keep removing anything that keeps profits away from them. I certainly won't put another dollar into this game until they can show that this isn't going to be the way they treat their customers. You build a bot with time, resources and money only to have it taken away without any compensation. I would hope Kabam could come up with another way to make their money. Sell more bots, have more energon sales, sell some more rank items, etc. Don't take away, just offer more to buy. I will spend if I know it just won't be taken away later.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Did this topic get permanently stuck on the 2nd page? It doesn't bump to the top of the list like every other topic does when they get a new post.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    JKL wrote: »
    Did this topic get permanently stuck on the 2nd page? It doesn't bump to the top of the list like every other topic does when they get a new post.

That would be done intentionally
  • Options
    Yes, there are burying their unfair practices..
  • Options
    Yeah, ratchet is unusable in AM now. Not really another good choice for tech, either, unless you have the resources to R3 a 4*. Which most people don't.