Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Linked base nodes

Following the discussion about Harm, I'd love to see linked nodes enter raid defense.

If nodes 2&3 linked to 4, and 5&6 linked to 7, an attacker would have to chose which link to remove.

If the effect of the link was the effect of the linking node's mod, it would introduce mod combinations that could become really interesting, and maybe even make the occasional defensive victory a remote possibility

Effectively node 4 & 7 would always have one link active, since you can obviously only pick one path. So those two nodes would essentially have two mods, making them boss nodes.

Even more interesting, nodes 2&3 could link to node 4&7, so 4 would always have two mods, but 7 would have 3! That would create a miniboss / boss dynamic in bases, and introduce even more interesting combination possibilities

No doubt from a decent perspective this idea runs the risk of creating havoc with a whole host of new combined effects that would need to be tested. But you could minimize the chance of insane buff effects by muffling the link power, so a link can only carry the rank 1 effects of a mod or something like that

It isn't totally out of the box - alliance wars in MCOC have linked buffs and it works really well, and Act4 in MCOC introduced paths where it was impossible to remove all active links, so you were forced to face combined buffs, but you could chose which you'd remove based on which path you took.

I think it could work and make things pretty interesting. If it was paired with a reasonable nerf to Harm, raiding would become less of a one trick pony (MV1 or bust) and involve much more strategic consideration

Comments

• SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    That would be pretty cool
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I like this idea
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I like this idea, might make defending your base actually worth something
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Sounds interesting!
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Do it raid def is maybe 1/15 win rn
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Or maybe a boss node buff like am had plus a mod
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Amano, you're saying you win 1/15 of your defenses? Doing waaay better than me! I've won *one* since 2.0, and I only won that b/c the player timed out before they attacked (they lost with full health).

I won about 90 defenses during the weeks leading up to 2.0 when I had a 4.1k base. Now my base is 8.5k and I can't even scratch anyone. Not sure if it's because the changes to raid rewards dramatically alter incentives to only raid bases you know you can beat, or if it's because my medal count went from the 1300-1400 range to the 1800-2000 range, so that my base appears more often as an option for people who can easily steamroll it, or some combination of the two (or another issue). But if you're winning 1/15, I tip my hat at you, sir! :)

Jon: yeah, buffs locked to specific nodes could Also be worth considering. It would give players fewer strategic options (fewer combination effects to player with for defenders and no need for attackers to consider which combination they most want to remove), but the limited optionality might be attractive to devs weary of creating some unbeatable combo they didn't think of that would then have to be nerfed to the anger of whoever was using it...

Ps.
    My original post 3rd last paragraph began, "no doubt from a decent perspective..."
    I meant it to read, "no doubt from a devs' perspective..."
    Well creating a super boss with more hp or whatever would make things more interesting but well if we had a 3-5k pi boss with harm would be insta death so well guess that idea goes out window
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Unless they moderate harm so it isn't the single devastating mod of the game
    (Removing the auto stack for fully evaded or blocked special attacks would be an obvious start)
    I don't mind harm but I have been advocate or stacking portion being revised
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Or maybe allow synergy bonuses to work for the bots being placed in base defence, the bots are fighting together to defend a base, there is no Reason why synergy won't work.

Despite what being said about harm accelerator (I do not like them also when I am raiding), and itself merit a nerf, bases with HA are still being defeated regularly.

If this suggestion on linked nodes and bot synergy can be implemented, it would make raid defend more viable. It would definitely cause cries among those who got pissed off that they can't have 100% successful raid, but it would make raiding more challenging and fun.