Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Passing on Alliance Mission events due to Ratchet nerf.

Its clear that Kabam does not care about its customers. Most companies will give an heads up before making changes to bots and mechanics. Im an old MCoC player and Kabam is back to its old trick. I was hoping that its a new game and a fresh start for Kabam then this happens.

Making changes to Ratchet is nothing more then a money grab. If you have a scout bot you can take Ratchet down with ease. Etc...raids, arenas, and missions. But if the PLAYER use Ratchet in AM against Megatron now there's a problem. Since Megatron is an Demo class bots he no match for Ratchet. Kabam would do bettet creating an Scout class main boss that puts Ratchet at an disadvantage in Alliance Mission.

Side note....raids needs to be addressed. HA should be looked at. It reminds me when they released the adaptoids in MCoC. The cosmic one gave of radiation that you could not counter at all. It basically sucked the life from you even if you did not get hit (harm accelerator).

I think holding out of Alliance Missions would get there attention since it's about the dollars at the end.

Comments

• I am frustrated by it too. They literally just nerfed 2/3 of my AM team and said they aren't even giving us rank down items to change up our strong bots to adapt to this change.
  • Boycotting AM hurts nobody but us players. Just don't buy heals or revives so they don't profit from this change.
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    yeah - drop down a level or two, but keep your wallet closed. That's my plan going forward - not a penny more unless they revert changes like these and give sufficient notice before doing crap like this again.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    If a player "pays" to improve a character and without the players consent, that character or characters get downgraded then that would change the conditions of the "sale" which here in the USA in certain states would be illegal.
  • lilbeastielilbeastie Posts: 89
    I'd agree - like buying a Ferrari, but when you take it to the dealership for a service they give you a Ford back instead and expect you to be fine with it...
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    If you read the terms and conditions of the game, and all of the similar game for that matter, it clearly states that they reserve the right to modify or delete any part of the game without prior notice. So they are covered for this kind of situation and have the right to do so, unfortunately.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    They could also put in the Terms that if you play the game that they'll own your car as well, doesn't mean that it would hold up with Google/Apple/Banks & Credit Card companies or Courts. Regardless of what is in the terms and conditions, if the company changes the terms of the sale depending on the country could bring legal ramifications upon them.

I understand that there are a lot more important things in life to worry about, and I'm not losing any sleep over this situation but it's the point of what and how it went down.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    It is legal for them to have those terms, Apple, Facebook, or Google have the exact same ones, it's the norm of the internet industry.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Interesting...

This is the biggest BS proclamation I have heard. Yeah, the nerf to ratchet sucks. Yes, it is absolutely obvious that the only rationale behind the nerf a is to spark more energon spending on revives/repairs.

But... To say you're not even going to attempt AM means nothing, and evwn if it was true it only does two things:

1) shows that you can't adapt, and you're not that good at this game anyway.

2) you will fall way behind in progression. It doesn't hurt kabam in any way shape or form.

Kabam kicked us in the nuts, why do you want to kick yourself in the nuts even more?
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited July 2017
    yeah, I have to agree with Manthro on this one.

Boycotting AM is not going to do anything.

I also find it funny that there's been multiple examples of Kabam cash grabbing before this, some things I've posted about some things I haven't.. and honestly, they're bigger, core problems that cover the entire game and Kabam's ethic, not just one bot that made AM easier for you.. but they were largely ignored and people even argued against me. Instead of the player base being united, some sided with Kabam and defended them.

This is the fruits of those efforts.

The writing has been on the wall for those that cared to look earlier than now.

With the blind cheerleaders they have here on the forums and the players quarrelling amongst themselves, why would they give any recompense. They've gotten away with so much already, and we let them.

If your whole game hinged on this one char, and now everything is horribly broken, unplayable and too hard for you, then something was seriously wrong with the bot. There's been so many big problems before this thing and big problems that still exist now.. where is the vocal outcry about those things?