Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ridiculous in-game chat censorship

QliverQliver Posts: 54
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
No wonder every alliance requires the player to use Line messenger, when the in-game chat is so horrid. For now let's assume that we are fine with the short messages we can write. But maybe it's time to tone down the censorship? I don't know how many times my messages have been censored, and I'm not even saying anything "bad". After all most of us are big boys and girls and I think we can handle a few naughty words.

But we are not allowed to ask questions such as:
"Don't you eat dinner at 4 pm?"
"What is your sex?"

Does that really sound reasonable? Usually I end up rephrasing the questions a few times before they appear in the chat. I have three requests related to this:
  1. Please tone down the filter, at least in the Alliance/Battlegroup chat
  2. Only filter the bad words, not the whole sentence
  3. Add a setting for the player to turn on and off the language filter in the settings, like in Diablo III

Comments

• HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I'm kinda curious why you'd need to know what someone's sex is on here. This place doesn't strike me as the place to find someone where that is relevant or in anyway not creepy/pervy given the number of kids playing this game. Maybe you're too good at the missions and arenas that you get bored, but I can't really imagine anyone on here wanting to answer that kind of question, much less answer it honestly.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I wish the censor would stop filtering things like "you", "just", and "Ultra Magnus"
    Yeah, it's that busted.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    You could use the word gender instead of sex..
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Use the line app for communication, in game chat is garbage
  • HoldonHoldon Posts: 58
    edited July 2017
    Chat is completely out of hand.. pay attention to what ppl actually say.. and why is it that girls are targets to male players. I'm actually 17 years old and female.. and when I put that on chat men go crazy with sexual jokes and usually sexist comments.. so no don't uncensored but review chat overall.. needs some guidelines that protect us players from male harassment.
  • Alpha_SRAlpha_SR Posts: 18
    The global chat shouldn't even be used....it's just a place for inappropriate stuff and roleplay...not much better than line but line is bearable
  • SamanthaSamantha Posts: 18
    Holdon wrote: »
    I'm actually 17 years old and female.. and when I put that on chat men go crazy with sexual jokes and usually sexist comments..

Hahaha
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2017
    The global chat is pretty toxic, filled with spammers, roleplayers(they're pretty much dead), 'Your bots suck!!!'
    'Any gurl add me', 'how do I change bots and avatar?'(actually they're trying to learn :) ), 'who's excited for BAYFORMERS 5: THE (2nd) LAST WEIRD ALIENS'