Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Next Rank Up: Mixmaster or Ironhide

For my next question: Which 3-star to Rank Up from Rank 3 to 4?

A duped Mixmaster or non-duped Ironhide.
For the purposes of this thread, assume I am never able to dupe Ironhide.

Pretty sure I know how this one will unfold.
But maybe the developers will see this and tweak the "loser" again.
Tagged:

Comments

• Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    I like mixmaster his rework makes him a beast if you can figure out the concussive block...
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Definitely Mixmaster, he is a killer bot now that he has been upgraded. Just wait until his buf are up, block at the right time and you can deal a ton of damages, way more than Ironhide if you hit a critical (I often deal about 1500 damages with a rank 3 3* on his special 2).
  • JLHart05JLHart05 Posts: 21
    Wow, that's not the response I was expecting.

I don't think Mixmaster is as bad as some think. Figured the vote would go to Ironhide easily.
  • StridurrStridurr Posts: 19
    Well, without the dupe, IH is pretty average. He's basically Magnus without the defense buffs, at that point.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2017
    I'd still prefer Ironhide over Mixmaster, but take your duped bots to rank4 first
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2017
    IH of course. Mix isn't half as strong even with the upgrade. Trying to concussive block is such a gambling game because 1: if you fail, you may take hit or take blocking damage; 2. you can get too used to it and you think you can parry heavies ... 3. you just get buff stack, you don't get power, you still have to hit your opponent with that miserable attack rating.

I agree that Mix is good, for a one round arena fight he CAN win very often. But for raids, story missions when endurance counts, IH overruns him any day of the week.

There are too many people who think IH is only playable after he can "tear somebody apart", but that's not true. Unawakened IH can take out any enemy by just abusing his "tap,heavy/tap,tap,heavy" setup, enemy just ADORE eating his heavy and getting 4~5 stacked burn to death lol. Add some double-stun stunt, you can end the battle when enemy has 1/2 lifebar and when you land a single light punch.

• TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Definitely mix.

Like others have said IH is really mediocre unduped.

Mix is pretty damn good and he would rival IH if I could figure out how to get him to crit like IH. Mix also helps you get better and isn't just a see bot, kill bot bot. I always enjoy playing bots that require you to read the info and figure out how to play them properly.

Just my 2 cents.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    my vote goes to IH simply because he is more newb friendly (easier to just spam heavy yeah hehe)
  • After reading this, I kind of wish I had gone with Mixmaster.
  • AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Mixmaster...

IronHide's mine for obvious reasons.