Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Featured Crystals and Premium Bot Crystals

@Kabam Miike I feel like there is something you guys owe the community as a whole in regards to these crystals. Every player that willing plays your game should know the odds and risk they are taking when purchasing these crystals. The only plausible reason as to why you may not want to release these odds is because then you might reveal how low the rates really are to get a 3* let alone a 4* bot. At least releasing the rates allows the community to make a sound decision whether or not they want to spend their hard earned cash on this rather then walking into a blind gamble. Some feedback from kabam and the community would be much appreciated on how you all feel about this. Also this isnt really a gripe post since i have my fair share of 4* bots but a better way for us to determine if its worth it or if our energon is better off spent elsewhere in game.

Comments

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Not likely to go anywhere, but when you consider how ludicrous it would be in any other walk of life to drop $300-500 in a sitting without even knowing the chances (or knowing if the chances are even the SAME as last time!!!), it really is insanity.

I feel like this game is a shell game con half the time. Everyone and their brother pulling Soundwave and Megatron, yet the odds on MV1 and Ratchet are clearly garbage in comparison.

Even gambling or the lottery you know what you're getting in to.

@Kabam Miike what's the last thing you dropped $500 on without even knowing what your chances were to get what you paid for?
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    I must be the only person who doesn't have soundwave or megatron...
  • Hogz3Hogz3 Posts: 50
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    I must be the only person who doesn't have soundwave or megatron...

Ill tell you this much i spent 250 on megatron and got him on my last 10 crystals but i spent more for sw and didnt get him so this where id like to see the odds and know what im getting into before i make these decisions
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Not likely to go anywhere, but when you consider how ludicrous it would be in any other walk of life to drop $300-500 in a sitting without even knowing the chances (or knowing if the chances are even the SAME as last time!!!), it really is insanity.

I feel like this game is a shell game con half the time. Everyone and their brother pulling Soundwave and Megatron, yet the odds on MV1 and Ratchet are clearly garbage in comparison.

Even gambling or the lottery you know what you're getting in to.

@Kabam Miike what's the last thing you dropped $500 on without even knowing what your chances were to get what you paid for?

Thanks for the support tekk!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    It would certainly be nice to know not so much for deciding to spend or not, more so for managing expectations. How many posts has there been of people complaining about opening 20 crystals and not getting anything? At least if you knew the odds of getting the bot you want, you wouldn't be as disappointed when you don't get it.

I don't believe it would hurt sales either as players want these featured bots. People who play the lottery don't stop playing just because they know the odds of winning are astronomically bad. They believe they could be that one since there's always a chance. Just like with the crystals, players will continue to buy even after knowing the odds, however poor they might be. At least with the odds listed, it keeps things transparent. Players know what they are getting into.
    JKL wrote: »
    It would certainly be nice to know not so much for deciding to spend or not, more so for managing expectations. How many posts has there been of people complaining about opening 20 crystals and not getting anything? At least if you knew the odds of getting the bot you want, you wouldn't be as disappointed when you don't get it.

I don't believe it would hurt sales either as players want these featured bots. People who play the lottery don't stop playing just because they know the odds of winning are astronomically bad. They believe they could be that one since there's always a chance. Just like with the crystals, players will continue to buy even after knowing the odds, however poor they might be. At least with the odds listed, it keeps things transparent. Players know what they are getting into.

Thanks for the feedback man, thats exactly,the point im trying to get acrosee that i think it should be transparent so all players know their odds.
    edited July 2017
    JKL wrote: »
    People who play the lottery don't stop playing just because they know the odds of winning are astronomically bad. They believe they could be that one since there's always a chance. Just like with the crystals, players will continue to buy even after knowing the odds, however poor they might be.

This exactly.

I just want to see concrete numbers that show me that every feature crystal is the same odds. We need more than just Kabam Miike's word that the crystals are the same odds. We need more than just a hope and a prayer that we can trust Kabam with hundreds of dollars. This is your own system, you control the smoke and mirrors... how can we ever establish true trust with that? There is no accountability, you guys can just do whatever you want and no one is the wiser, just keep sending that $$$ in.

What we are requesting is not so we can spend less money... we want the info so we can feel more confident in our purchase.

I've said it before in MCOC, the very best thing that you could ever do as a company is work on your transparency. You already have a product that we are addicted to. The only thing keeping us from throwing our paychecks at you is that we just don't completely trust you.
  • I fully support this request @Hogz3. I've been asking for transparency in this regard for weeks too.

It seems insane to me that Kabam expects us all to continue dumping cash into crystals, without a clear indication of what the drop rate is. I dropped $75 today chasing Ratchet, but only pulled 3-Star bots (womp womp womp). While to some whales that might be chump change, I think it's crazy to keep asking for this type of investment from your player base, while providing no details in terms of drop rate.

A lot of us would be more apt to keep spending, if we knew what the values were.

With that said, a lot of us would also close our wallet, if we knew the real numbers. I think that is what they are afraid of most.
  • SilvioSilvio Posts: 1
    I agree with you guys and also I think they should remove repeated characters from the cristals because in this week I gained 3 rhinox 2 stars and I think I'm probably not the only one with this problem.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Let me ask you - if you knew the odds to get a 3/4* Featured from those Featured crystals was 5%, would that make you complain more, or less about not getting it after you buy 100 crystals and still dont get it?
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    Let me ask you - if you knew the odds to get a 3/4* Featured from those Featured crystals was 5%, would that make you complain more, or less about not getting it after you buy 100 crystals and still dont get it?

Well i would certainly hope in 100 crystals youd get it, if not its really bad luck lol. Like i said in my original post its not a gripe about not getting 4* bots cause i have 9, its more about knowing the odds so as a community each individual player whether theyre just starting or have been around since release can make a sound judgement on what they really want to spend their energon or real money on. Revealing what is now transpart as tekk said would make the players trust them a little more i believe so we would want to continue to play and more then likely spend
    I fully support this request @Hogz3. I've been asking for transparency in this regard for weeks too.

It seems insane to me that Kabam expects us all to continue dumping cash into crystals, without a clear indication of what the drop rate is. I dropped $75 today chasing Ratchet, but only pulled 3-Star bots (womp womp womp). While to some whales that might be chump change, I think it's crazy to keep asking for this type of investment from your player base, while providing no details in terms of drop rate.

A lot of us would be more apt to keep spending, if we knew what the values were.

With that said, a lot of us would also close our wallet, if we knew the real numbers. I think that is what they are afraid of most.

Thanks for the support man, i feel the more we question this, an answer has to be provided sooner or later. Not like i didnt tag @Kabam Miike in my posting
    Stitch626 wrote: »

TBH we are just looking for accountability. Of course we don't expect to always see 5% if that is the % chance, but having something on paper means a lot. It means they can't change the odds from crystal to crystal or on a whim without updating us on it. To me that is the main thing that keeps me from wanting to purchase feature crystals moving forward.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    TBH we are just looking for accountability. Of course we don't expect to always see 5% if that is the % chance, but having something on paper means a lot. It means they can't change the odds from crystal to crystal or on a whim without updating us on it. To me that is the main thing that keeps me from wanting to purchase feature crystals moving forward.

I mean, do you really think that's happening? I suppose it could be, but I would be shocked if that were the case.

My point is, even if you knew the percentage, people would still complain. If the odds to get the bot were 5% and you opened up 100 crystals and didn't get it, people would still complain and say it's riged. Knowing the percentage only gives you a false sense of hope, and then frustrates you further when you still don't get the bot after you feel you should have.
    I mean, do you really think that's happening? I suppose it could be, but I would be shocked if that were the case.

My point is, even if you knew the percentage, people would still complain. If the odds to get the bot were 5% and you opened up 100 crystals and didn't get it, people would still complain and say it's riged. Knowing the percentage only gives you a false sense of hope, and then frustrates you further when you still don't get the bot after you feel you should have.[/quote]

I dont think there would be any complaining really if you know the odds. At least most of us that play im sure are in their 20's-40's(rough estimate) and should be able to handle ourselves as adults. Especially if the odds were in the open then thats strictly on us knowing what we got ourselves into and just have to take that at face value
    Not sure why that didnt quote like i tried but that was for you @Stitch626