Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cinematic Crystal Deals

I have been getting a lot of offers to buy cinematic crystals after completing chapters in the spotlight missions.

I gotta be honest, these are somewhat tempting to buy... but I never do because the odds of getting mixmaster are too high. I think the community's general opinion is that he is the worst bot. Aren't drift and Hot Rod also inspired by the movies? Is it time to add them to those crystals?

Comments

• PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Mixmaster is a great, don't listen to what people say. He used to be terrible but he is now one the bot dealing the most damages with his specials 2 and 3. He is just more complex to play than the heavy spamming of heavy attacks with Ironhide.

That being said, I wouldn't buy those offers as they are expensive and include pretty useless boosts, which obviously you pay for.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Peyote wrote: »
    Mixmaster is a great, don't listen to what people say. He used to be terrible but he is now one the bot dealing the most damages with his specials 2 and 3. He is just more complex to play than the heavy spamming of heavy attacks with Ironhide.

That being said, I wouldn't buy those offers as they are expensive and include pretty useless boosts, which obviously you pay for.

I am speaking from my experience as well, he does have high damage from his S 2 & 3, but other then that he is slow and has low damage output.

They are tempting in that you are guaranteed a 3* or 4*. Unless I am missing something, they are the only crystals you can buy that guarantee that high of level. I could spend 1,000 energon on other crystals and get all 2* duoes.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    He deals more damages than other Bots and can deal a lot if you apply a debuff on the opponent. He is as slow as Ironhide and can deal more damages than him on his specials (yes, he can). The only thing is to get all his buffs to be efficient. It's quite an intersting bot to play in my opinion.

And in a way, you are right, those crystals are a good way to have 3 or 4 stars if you don't have many. I just think the price is too high because of all the junk sold with them.
    Peyote wrote: »
    He deals more damages than other Bots and can deal a lot if you apply a debuff on the opponent. He is as slow as Ironhide and can deal more damages than him on his specials (yes, he can). The only thing is to get all his buffs to be efficient. It's quite an intersting bot to play in my opinion.

And in a way, you are right, those crystals are a good way to have 3 or 4 stars if you don't have many. I just think the price is too high because of all the junk sold with them.

Thanks for your feedback, but we are getting a little off topic from my post.

The point I was trying to make to Kabam is that with a few small tweaks to the cinematic crystal deal they would be more enticing and they would sell more :)
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    The deal is tempting if you are in need of a 3*/4* (most likely 3* though) bot. The cost, imo, is a little high for me. The cost of the offer is 900 energon, which if you buy it with real $$, is just over $30.

Its not a terrible offer , but they have done offers in the past for 10-15 Featured bot crystals for 1000 energon - which, depending on your luck, could potentially net you more than 1 3/4*. Or you could just get 10 2*s.

This offer eliminates the risk of getting a 2*, but limits the total number of bots you are getting to 1. This deal is good for those people making threads complaining about the low chance of getting a 3/4* from a Premium Bot Crystal or from the Featured Crystal.
    The offer I have now is for 400 energon, which gives a 3* cinematic bot... and a few random things.

I think the cost is somewhat reasonable for this offer, but like I said, with a few small tweaks like adding Drift and Hot Rod it would be more tempting.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited July 2017
    400 energon for a guaranteed 3* is a good deal IMO, and I would take that for sure - especially if your 3* roster is relatively low.

The offer I currently have is for 900 energon for a guaranteed 3/4* + a "Rank up" Crystal + a few other random buff items. Too expensive for me since the only thing I care about is the bot, and even if I got a new 4*, I would still have to wait a couple of weeks just to rank it to level 2.