Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Not sure if this is a bug or just a gripe. Baiting Specials

Is it just me, or anyone else notice that there are times (perhaps 1 out of every 4 or 5 fights, sometimes even within the same fight) where the AI just refuses to release special 1 or 2. No matter how much or how long i dodge bullets, give a few slaps, and just try and try to bait the special, the AI just refuses, but as soon as sp3 is charged absolutely no problem on the AI immediately activating it. Sometimes if the AI refuses to activate special 1, i will intentionally push it special 2 thinking perhaps it will activate special 2, but many times still no activation.

Problem with all the time wasted dancing around baiting is the timeout in AM (which i know is reported to be changed next update), but still... thoughts?

Would like to hear from a mod if possible if this something that's on their radar.

Comments

• Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Yeah... we've had several threads on this, but I think it doesn't affect the majority of the community, maybe because there are a lot of alliances doing easier content for the most part... so it seems to keep getting swept under the rug.

But yeah, its a thing, and fairly annoying when the AI does it. Hopefully now that the time out in AM won't result in KO soon, it won't be as big of a problem, but it would be nice to just see it get fixed.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    For the moment, the only reliable (relatively) way to bait special is:
    1. Try knocking down the opponent with a ranged heavy (sorry for melee heavies)
    2. Dash in, time your dash to arrive a bit earlier so that your dash attack misses and finishes before the AI get up.
    3. Dash back immediately when AI rise up. You have great chance to dodge his/her special.
  • Options
    TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I only have a problem with this during arena streak 9-14 because those are the only fights where a sp3 is a serious problem for me (if I can't bait the special during AM, I can usually just win before they get to unleash it, but I'm not playing bots twice my rating in AM)

But yeah, it exists, and it's a pain. I'm normally quite good at baiting specials, and sometimes it's just impossible no matter what normally reliable technique you throw at it
  • Options
    tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Yeah, its mostly an issue in high level AM and especially on bots that have power gain (Megatron, Ratchet, etc).