Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When G1 Megatron is eventually added how he will interact with Movieverse Megatron?

We've seen how G1 Optimus has interacted with Bayverse Optimus so how would the two megatrons interact?

Comments

• PrimaPrima Posts: 13
    Actually, it's Combiner Wars Prime which would lead us to assume its set in the alternate iDW G1 continuity. Not true G1. It's sad but giving this I think we should be expecting a CW Megatron instead of G1 Megatron.
  • SirBoltsSirBolts Posts: 42
    Prima wrote: »
    Actually, it's Combiner Wars Prime which would lead us to assume its set in the alternate iDW G1 continuity. Not true G1. It's sad but giving this I think we should be expecting a CW Megatron instead of G1 Megatron.

Regardless they essetinally are G1 bots.
  • Pofh1Pofh1 Posts: 50
    Every piece of G1 media was its own timeline. So IDW's series is as legit G1 as the cartoon (U.S.?Japan?), the comics (U.S., U.K.?) or even children's books.
  • DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
    Assuming we actually get G1 Megatron.

Every game in the world seems to want to avoid him because of his handgun alt mode. BE STRONG KABAM! GIVE US THE REAL MEGATRON!
  • I could see the interaction now:

“Disgusting.” Megatron spat as he tore his claw out of the shattered husk of a Quintesson scientist. The bulbous shell crumpled to the ground, joining the rest of his unfortunate kind. “And You.”

“Me?” Starscream looked up at the hulking metallic figure before him. “M-M-Master?”

“You can run, but you cannot hide, you traitorous sycophant.” Megatron’s spiderlike fingers clasped to form a fist. “Did you really think that you could fool me?”

The hulking leader of the Decepticon army moved forward, followed by his minions Barricade and Bonecrusher.

“New body, new Masters.” Megatron placed a heavy boot on Starscream’s chest. “Same worthless scrap-“

The deafening sound of a fusion cannon split the air, followed by a superheated blast that tore into the Decepticon leader. Megatron’s optics widened in shock, his hand clutching at the smoldering hole in his chest.

“Pretender!” The new combatant roared.

Megatron staggered back, unable to believe his optics.

“Usurper!” Bonecrusher had just enough time to activate his weapons systems before a second blast obliterated his torso.

“I’ve been hunting you on this hellish planet for weeks…” An energon mace collided with Barricade’s skull, tearing it clean off.

“That voice…” Megatron gasped in disbelief as the newcomer strode towards him. “Who are you?”

“I am everything you could have been.” His G1 counterpart smiled. “But never will be.”

ZTiSNjr.jpg

"All Hail Megatron."
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Every game in the world seems to want to avoid him because of his handgun alt mode. BE STRONG KABAM! GIVE US THE REAL MEGATRON!

Pretty simple workaround for that..

His heavy could easily just be a bigger blast from his forearm cannon, and the only time you would see his handgun alt mode is during an L3... Where you could animate a bunch of melee hits, culminating in him transforming into the handgun and landing in the hands of Starscream, who blasts the opponent to smithereens.

Problem solved

“Disgusting.” Megatron spat as he tore his claw out of the shattered husk of a Quintesson scientist. The bulbous shell crumpled to the ground, joining the rest of his unfortunate kind. “And You.”

“Me?” Starscream looked up at the hulking metallic figure before him. “M-M-Master?”

“You can run, but you cannot hide you traitorous sycophant.” Megatron’s spiderlike fingers clasped to form a fist. “Did you really think that you could fool me?”

The hulking leader of the Decepticon army moved forward, followed by his minions Barricade and Bonecrusher.

“New body, new Masters.” Megatron placed a heavy boot on Starscream’s chest. “Same worthless scrap-“

The deafening sound of a fusion cannon split the air, followed by a superheated blast that tore into the Decepticon leader. Megatron’s optics widened in shock, his hand clutching at the smoldering hole in his chest.

“Usurper!” Bonecrusher had just enough time to activate his weapons systems before a second blast obliterated his torso.

“I’ve been hunting you on this hellish planet for weeks…” An energon mace collided with Barricade’s skull, tearing it clean off.

“That voice…” Megatron gasped in disbelief as the newcomer strode towards him. “Who are you?”

“I am everything you could have been.” His G1 counterpart smiled. “But never will be.”

ZTiSNjr.jpg

"All Hail Megatron."

“You can run, but you cannot hide you traitorous sycophant.” Megatron’s spiderlike fingers clasped to form a fist. “Did you really think that you could fool me?”

ZTiSNjr.jpg

"All Hail Megatron."
    Manthro wrote: »

Pretty simple workaround for that..

His heavy could easily just be a bigger blast from his forearm cannon, and the only time you would see his handgun alt mode is during an L3... Where you could animate a bunch of melee hits, culminating in him transforming into the handgun and landing in the hands of Starscream, who blasts the opponent to smithereens.

Problem solved

Yeah I've already made this exact suggestion many times lol.

The question is, will it be listened to?

• Apologies for the triple post by the way. Not quite sure how that happened but I assume it might be due to pending aproval times. :o
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Prima wrote: »

I can see where you're coming from. As IDW is set in an alternate Generation 1 universe, it's still at the end of the day, G1.

But yes, I'd much prefer this:

etzvk01m0rb8.png

-over that:

6jwz7xsqg7c9.jpg

Ewww...what is that second picture? Is that what he looked like in Combiner Wars? Gross.
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Ewww...what is that second picture? Is that what he looked like in Combiner Wars? Gross.

Yes sir :/