Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging high level 3 star bot into same bot...basically useless

I have a 4 star soundwave and forged a rank 3 3 star soundwave into him. I received 22 4 star shards for the effort. Is this correct or anyone else experiencing this.

I thought you were getting max forged because its the same bot...

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I think you've misunderstood. Forging a 3* bot into its 4* bot raises the maximum Forge level from the available 75 to 100. You still have to Forge a ton of bots into your 4* to fill all those levels.

Search for Forging 101. Someone made a video explaining it all.
  • I understand the levels....im talking about the bonus of the shards. I watch the benefit of forging different bots. I took a high level 3 star forged into the same 4 star bot and recieved 22 shards....?

Ive received more in the past. Maybe you just have not paid attention to that.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited July 2017
    The number of 4* shards you get depends on the rank, level, and sig level of the bot your consuming. It isn't effected by same bot, same class, or different class. Those only affect the number of forge points you get (and as JKL wrote, you have to use the same bot from 1 step down at least once to unlock f.lvl 76-100). I don't think the number of 4* shards you get are effected by the forge level of the bot you're consuming, either. That also only affects the number of forge points you get

A couple of benchmarks for you about the number of 4* shards you can expect when you forge a 3* 3/30 bot that I've been able to confirm:
    sig0: 85
    sig15: 250
    sig20: 305
    sig35: 470
    sig45: 580
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    ps. If you're consuming 3* bots to forge a 4* and want to help provide data for a resource that all players can eventually use, pm me and arrange to get in touch through Line.

To confirm the number of forge points you get for consuming a bot, I'd need a screenshot of the info screen of the bot you're consuming (so I can see it's rank/level, sig level, and forge level) and a before and after screenshot of the forge screen so I can see the initial and final forge level and points of the destination bot. Obviously the identity/class of the bots is also a factor.

If you want to contribute data on 4* shards, you'll have to count those yourself and just send me the value, along with a SS of the bot you forged.

(It wouldn't be nearly this difficult, but Kabam don't seem to want to acknowledge that the preview forge points displayed for duped and forged bots is unrelated to the actual number of forge points you get, so collecting data means you have to actually forge bots one at a time, rather than just use the preview results)
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Good work, bro. This is what I was looking for. Very helpful! What does sig mean? Such as sig15? Thanks.
    Trailfire wrote: »
    The number of 4* shards you get depends on the rank, level, and sig level of the bot your consuming. It isn't effected by same bot, same class, or different class. Those only affect the number of forge points you get (and as JKL wrote, you have to use the same bot from 1 step down at least once to unlock f.lvl 76-100). I don't think the number of 4* shards you get are effected by the forge level of the bot you're consuming, either. That also only affects the number of forge points you get

A couple of benchmarks for you about the number of 4* shards you can expect when you forge a 3* 3/30 bot that I've been able to confirm:
    sig0: 85
    sig15: 250
    sig20: 305
    sig35: 470
    sig45: 580

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It is really annoying that Kabam keeps forging resource/rewards a mystery.
    * We don't know how much gold we will spend before forging.
    * We don't know how much exp/gold/shard we will get before forging.
    * We don't know them neither AFTER forging!! Only some "shard reward received" text flashes, can't they just list "1000 gold, 2000 exp, 100 3* shards" instead of me doing the math in my crystal shard screen?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    julius wrote: »
    Good work, bro. This is what I was looking for. Very helpful! What does sig mean? Such as sig15? Thanks.

Means the level of the bots signature ability. If you get a duplicate bot, it's signature ability will be awakened at start off at level 5. Each next duplicate will add 5 levels to it's signature level. So if you've gotten a specific bot 9 times out of a crystal, you will have signature level 40, or sig40, because of 1 original, and 8 duplicates.
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Got it. What about 3* rank 4 bots?Do you have data on forging them,since alpha is easily accessible now?Thanks
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    * We don't know how much gold we will spend before forging.

Forging costs zero gold. Unless you're referring to what you spend maxing the bot to be forge fodder. And then there are charts and info out there for that.