Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

80+ King Crystals, 1 3* Grimlock

DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Easily 80+ opened...1 3* Grimlock to show for it. Granted, I got a 4* out of the Grimlock daily card(which is the only reason I tried so hard on the King crystals hoping for a dupe).

Bah....I should have known better though, been playing MCOC and now this for a long time. Damnit Kabam...ya got me.

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    And that's exactly why I don't open featured crystals.
  • DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    Got a 3 star grimlock with my fist 5 but I was feeling lucky for some dumb reason aaaand I kept getting 2 stars lol. I
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    lol that 4* Grimlock is worth USD99 if based on their last promo sales of 4* MV1.. it has that price tag.
    so yeah you should have kept that 4* and NOT bought the feature crystals lol. Hard to get another 4* duped from a featured unless if you're willing to go all the way buying them (might end up costing a house in the process RNG is unpredictable xD )
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Easily 80+ opened...1 3* Grimlock to show for it. Granted, I got a 4* out of the Grimlock daily card(which is the only reason I tried so hard on the King crystals hoping for a dupe).

Bah....I should have known better though, been playing MCOC and now this for a long time. Damnit Kabam...ya got me.

I feel you. I opened 42 Hippocratic crystals going for ratchet and didn't get him, or any 4* bot for that matter.

Was the only crystal I was waiting for and was willing to spend on. First and last time I do that.

I'm a little salty, but I also knew what I was buying. Lesson learned.
  • NitrozillaNitrozilla Posts: 19
    I bet you opened them all within a 5 minute window
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Like I've stated before. 2* bots on special crystals are a slap on the face for those of us who pay real money...
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited July 2017
    try opening 1000 King crystals, higher chance to get Grimlock 4*.. LOL

it's all RNG, some players opened 1 and they get Grimlock 4* already. Don't expect too much.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Like I've stated before. 2* bots on special crystals are a slap on the face for those of us who pay real money...

Simple solution if the risk for your isn't worth the benefit don't spend money. Especially if you don't have the disposable income to do so. The only person slapping your face is YOU! So in the immortal words of Bart Simpson "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself."
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    12k energon, WTF bro. I kind of envy you, money seems no objection for you. I honestly think twice before I buy a 20$ crystal pack.
  • MezoriMezori Posts: 38
    I find only making a rare purchase gives you the best results. Also popping a large amount rather than spinning them.
  • jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    Zapper wrote: »
    12k energon, WTF bro. I kind of envy you, money seems no objection for you. I honestly think twice before I buy a 20$ crystal pack.

Amen to that, although I have been fortunate and was able to nab a grimlock with just 5 crystals. But a tip, i have found that when you open crystals closer to the time when the timer reads "00", say with in five minutes or so, you have a good chance of getting the featured bot. Also if you wait to open the crystals when a new featured bot crystal is presented, you can grab the feature bot in at least a 3* version. 4* are a crap shoot. try to get 4* crystal shards, best way to get a 4* but can be expensive.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Slibby8803 wrote: »

Simple solution if the risk for your isn't worth the benefit don't spend money. Especially if you don't have the disposable income to do so. The only person slapping your face is YOU! So in the immortal words of Bart Simpson "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself."

I stopped spending after I got enough 3* bots maxed out. Moron.
    edited August 2017

They say a fool and his money are soon parted..... I haven't spent any money on crystals... I will let you draw your own conclusions.
  • Slibby8803 wrote: »

They say a fool and his money are soon parted..... I haven't spent any money on crystals... I will let you draw your own conclusions.

How is someone a fool if they're enjoying spending it?

It's entertainment, plenty of ways to drop money on entertainment. I can spend 80-100 bucks easy going to a bar for one night. *shrug*

If someone has the money to throw around let them, better than sitting on it all day. That's how economies die :D

How is someone a fool if they're enjoying spending it?

It's entertainment, plenty of ways to drop money on entertainment. I can spend 80-100 bucks easy going to a bar for one night. *shrug*

If someone has the money to throw around let them, better than sitting on it all day. That's how economies die :D

Totally agree, but then don't complaining online that you have 'been slapped in the face.' It was choice to spend the money. We all know the odds are not good of pulling the bot you want, but that is part and parcel of the experience. If you don't like the odds don't spend the dosh. The comment I was referring to said I feel Kabam slapped me in the face because the drop rates for three and four star bots are so low. That to me is like saying I bought I lottery ticket and didn't win, the gaming commission slapped me in the face. You have the right to feel foolish if you spent money and didn't pull what you wanted.