Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Random Number Generator used to decide which bots to add?

I must admit, I'm very confused as to how they're choosing bots to add to the game. There are multiple examples of peripheral bots added, while more obvious choices are missed.

e.g. Drift and Hot Rod Bayformers? It could be a promotional stunt for the movie, but Drift in particular was a peripheral character. Meanwhile, more heavily featured Bayformers: such as Grimlock, Starscream and Hound, were overlooked. Grimlock and Hound were also featured in the latest movie and have seen more total screen time than Hot Rod and Drift.

As for the others ... we have inclusions such as Mirage and Windblade, but other bots such as G1 Ironhide, the Decepticon Jets, G1 Megatron, Jazz etc. saw much more screen time in the cartoons. We even have two versions of Optimus Prime, but only one version of Megatron.

There doesn't seem a whole lot of method to how they're choosing which bots to add, so I'm going for a great big list, then someone rolling a bunch of dice.

Could I be onto something?

Comments

• Options
    Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    No your not on to anything for a multitude of reasons. Lets start with reason number 1 and probably the most important. No large company would allow their future to be controlled at random. Lets imagine the board room full of Korean investors that just laid out 750 million dollars for your company. You say to them "and we will release characters, one of the biggest sources of generating interest and money in the game, picked by a random number generator, trusting on lady luck to make or break this game you just spent 750 million dollars on." Judging by all the comments here about getting a bunch of two star bots after laying a 100 dollars, I am sure you can understand why that wouldn't go over well.

Second reason is they are picking based on a long term strategy based on cultivating a multiyear platform. As in if they release all the most popular all at once then all of the whales would get all the most popular bots, a few months after the game is released and probably move on to some other collectible game that can sink thousands of dollars on. Never blow your wad all at once, you got to spread it out.

The other reasons I am sure include development schedules, time of year (as in quarterly profit reports), and other external factors like the release of movies. But random it is not. I am sure they have the rest of the year planned out if not the next one and I am sure there nothing random to it. We can't see the pattern because we don't have all the rules to the puzzle they were trying to solve. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    In the scheme of things, there is no such thing as a bad question, and this is a good example of which! ;)

The list of bots who weren't included at the start of the game as playable consist of: Starscream (Tactician, yet to be playable), Ultra Magnus (Tactician), Mixmaster (Demolitions), Waspinator (Demolitions), Soundwave (Tech), Prowl (Scout), Drift (Warrior), Hot Rod (Warrior), Megatron (Demolitions), Grimlock (Brawler), and Shockwave (Tech)

If you look at the following list as seen above (EXCLUDING Starscream and maybe Ultra Magnus), we seem to get two of the same class consecutively, which is then trailed by two different classes, only to repeat the cycle.

My guess is (merely my hypothesis) that we may be getting another Tech bot after Shockwave. Since Starscream is a Tactician, he's out of the cards. In the trailers, we see glimpses of Thundercracker. Now, I don't really see him much as a Tech class, but it's a possibility. There are also characters in the game files who I won't specify here, but they could also be on the tables.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Slibby8803 wrote: »
    No your not on to anything for a multitude of reasons. Lets start with reason number 1 and probably the most important. No large company would allow their future to be controlled at random. Lets imagine the board room full of Korean investors that just laid out 750 million dollars for your company. You say to them "and we will release characters, one of the biggest sources of generating interest and money in the game, picked by a random number generator, trusting on lady luck to make or break this game you just spent 750 million dollars on." Judging by all the comments here about getting a bunch of two star bots after laying a 100 dollars, I am sure you can understand why that wouldn't go over well.

Second reason is they are picking based on a long term strategy based on cultivating a multiyear platform. As in if they release all the most popular all at once then all of the whales would get all the most popular bots, a few months after the game is released and probably move on to some other collectible game that can sink thousands of dollars on. Never blow your wad all at once, you got to spread it out.

The other reasons I am sure include development schedules, time of year (as in quarterly profit reports), and other external factors like the release of movies. But random it is not. I am sure they have the rest of the year planned out if not the next one and I am sure there nothing random to it. We can't see the pattern because we don't have all the rules to the puzzle they were trying to solve. Plain and simple.

Hahaha! I can't wait for your stand-up routine!