Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arcee evade Arcee S1

TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I've made several posts about this for individual cases for weeks and nothing has been done.

I've found yet another broken evade interaction.

Arcee VS Arcee in arena. Arcee is able to evade range the missiles in Arcee's S1 after she flips up in the air and fires down multiple times. One would hit and do damage and the she'd evade out of the rest. Happened twice in one battle.

Arcee's evade says basic missile attacks.

Every evade is broken like this and doesn't recognise basic, heavy or special, they all trigger off every attack of that type.

Evade is seriously broken. I also don't think it should be able to trigger in the middle of a special regardless of type. Its not balanced and the AI can abuse it by following up with unblockable combos and counter specials. Same with evade triggering mid combo not in a special.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hey Terminal,

We've commented on a few threads about this. The team is currently looking into the situation and we will update you all when we have more information.

We're not ignoring these posts, but can't offer more information until we have some.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Cool, thanks Miike.

I hope evade can be fixed soon.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I for one am OK with this, and I think it is the intentional behavior of evade. Arcee is already weak, she being able to escape from Rhinox's S2 is cool. You should take evasions as criticals, they're all probability driven surprises.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited August 2017
    I dunno. I think most players assume evade shouldn't proc part way through a special under any circumstnaces. From comments, it seems like Mike and other mods have similar assumptions. If it turns out that evade is a super ability that precedes other abilities then fine, but that should be made clear so we can confidently adjust our fight techniques
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited August 2017
    @KillMasterC while you're entitled to think it's intentional behaviour, the in game text description clearly says evade basic missile attacks.

So either special attacks are 'basic' (meaning nothing isn't basic so why even stupilate the word basic to begin with), or the description is in error and shouldn't say basic, or the ability is bugged and triggers off non-basic attacks.

Regardless of what is in error, something is in error.

As a separate issue, I don't think evade in general should be able to trigger in the middle of a combo or special because when you encounter the high level ai (at very high medal counts and arena streaks) the enemy capitalises on the opening and counters with an unavoidable (because you're in the middle of an attack frame) combo or special.

Maybe as a solution evade can disable attacking for a couple of frames, to avoid unfair punishments and over the top benefits gaining more advantage than evade is supposed to give. This would make evade more fair and turn it into a 'combo breaker' resetting the battle momentum/tempo instead of it being a gigantic swing and free damage as it currently is.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't want to nerf evade too much, yeah it's annoying when the AI does it but it's also the only thing that keeps Bumbles playable. Take that away, and with the AI still avoiding heavies (Not as bad, but still there esp with freaking Grindor) he's almost at Ratchet level.
  • I don't think it's going to far to nerf evade against specials - after all if they can be evaded mid-special, what makes them special?