Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Nice attempt, but this promo is terrible

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Kabam...

It's nice to provide new avenues for feature crystals, but this shockwave team thing in arena is asinine.

Shockwave teams incredibly rare. Assuming a player gets the max 50 logic shards for a win, we would need to run into 40 shockwave teams for a single crystal.

Even if you were to spend energon, it would end up costing more than 150 for a crystal before the promo is done.

You aren't fooling anyone. The only way I see this being useful is if it runs until the end of the spotlight missions.

Is this the only way to get the shards? If so, you might as well just call it what it is... A giant troll on the players. Even moreso that there is actually an option to buy 5x crystals for 10k shards.

At this rate I'd be shocked (pun intended) of anyone racked up enough for even a single crystal.

Brutal.
Tagged:

Comments

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Gotta agree on this one. 80-90 matches over three days is a huge grind in my view (almost certainly places top 2%). If you need to face a team with Shockwave 40 times in 3 days, that's nearly *half* the matches. There's zero chance. Maaaaybe one of the top5 ranked players will do enough matches to come across SkW 40 times, but this is hardly motivation to those guys. And for get one crystal? That will almost certainly contain the eighth dupe of a 2* bot?

All this is gonna achieve is to confuse players about why they've got 20-30 shards for some random crystal that they can't use for anything

I know you guys like to pitch your prices to jobless billionaires, but c'mon...

This seems less like "an extra way to get a free featured crystal" than a way to feel sore about missing something that was nominally available but not actually achievable

If it was 200 chips instead of 50, or if it was spread to anyone with a Shockwave synergy, then maybe it would encourage some extra arena participation
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited August 2017
    Seems like it's been designed for the people that bought a logic daily card and missed a day and need it to finish up a crystal.

Doesn't really seem like something aimed at the entire player base or something that is designed in a way that will encourage people to play the game any more than they normally would.

It's worse than character crystals in the raid events by a large margin. 415,000 chips for the 10th crystal or the 1 million chips needed to get there.. I'd love to see kabam's data on how many players get 10 crystals.. or 9.. etc.. it's probably 0... yeah, it's worse than that.

I don't really understand how a designer can be so disconnected from reality and the game. If you want people to enjoy and be motivated to try and push themselves to play more then things need to be designed to be achievable by a certain percentage of the player population, a higher percentage than what Kabam currently has it set at.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    im a new player but played plenty of mcoc (300k account)

and arena grind IS NOT FRIENDLY TO new players, how do u think i feel?

If you were truly a 300k MCOC player then none of this should be surprising to you, and arena grind is valuable for several reasons, namely gold and energon farming.

And don't derail my thread. I don't care about the other issues players currently have with arena. We're talking about this one.

You wanna talk about whatever else bothers you in arena, start your own discussion
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    im a new player but played plenty of mcoc (300k account)

and arena grind IS NOT FRIENDLY TO new players, how do u think i feel?

If you were truly a 300k MCOC player then none of this should be surprising to you, and arena grind is valuable for several reasons, namely gold and energon farming.

And don't derail my thread. I don't care about the other issues players currently have with arena. We're talking about this one.

You wanna talk about whatever else bothers you in arena, start your own discussion

where is this shockewave promo we talking about?
    iif anything mcoc has a beginner arenas if anything i myself is trying to get upto par with a roster

99evx4pzapc9.png
    ca25evd09m2m.png
  • Thanks for the Feedback guys! This is the first time we've done something like this and will take your notes into consideration moving forward.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I think am special arena thing is really cool, but this amount of shards is low balling it so much! I finished the arena at 1M points and only saw a shockwave team once in my matches between streak 8-15. After that it's just gone. And I spent like 25 energon on refreshes just because I wanted to see. At that rate might as well give whole crystals and it won't flood ... though people can intentionally then break streak and go back to 10-15 and spend minimal energon for a crystal .... ok 1000 shards per shockwave team then.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Hm, I'm pretty active in arena and I have not met a single shockwave team yet. If you want to do something like that with a bot that isn't available yet you'll have to change the fights so that at least every X Team is a Megatron team that has a Shockwave in it. Or you put the shards into the milestones or something like that.

What good does a promotion like this if you can't even get a single crystal even if you hardcore grind arena?