Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Soundwave doesn't gain energy for hits until special is activated

Hi,

Am I broken in my use of Soundwave? I have a 3* soundwave, not duped, rank 800. When I hit a player in a fight, I gain no energy. In fact, my energy doesn't start to accumulate until I've activated my heavy attack, which will charge up to two bars and then stop. I understand that to be normal. The only thing that will make me gain energy in the third bar is being hit, and not attacking.

To be clear if I don't use my heavy attack to trigger power gain, I will go an entire fight and only have as much energy as the damage I've received. Fighting against other soundwaves, they gain energy for every hit dealt or received. Is there a game mechanic I'm not understanding?, this seemed to work before 3.0 .

Thanks
Antialias

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2017
    This is not a bug, this is a feature. SW rely on Laserbeak and Ravage to gain power. In order to build to S3, you have to successfully land a S2.

Read his info, in English. (I'd say so because the Chinese version of his abilities is badly translated from English and confusing)

And AI's Soundwave does exactly the same thing, they don't gain power on normals. That's why you see him throwing Laserbeak (for S2) and Ravage (for S3) so often. That's why SW is so predictable.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    KMC is def right. Your only mistake is thinking the AI gains power from attacks. It doesn't. Test it if you want - go get yourself beat up by Soundwave, and as long as none of the hits are a heavy or sp2 he won't gain any power