Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Enraged crystal post- see what I got!

I started my account 3 weeks ago and I have grinded like crazy and now see what I got from a free enraged crystal from the raid event-
8f74gp930r65.pngqnsv7seer4sf.png

Got my first ever 4 star! Although I would have liked a 3 star hot rod more because personally I find mixmaster a little bit trashy- I can't play with him that well- Any tips?

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    He's decent, just use his ranged attacks and stack acid and special charges and he will deal insane damage.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Mix is great, he's just different to other bots
    (He used to be a massive chump, but he's easily as good as IH now)

Practice his concussive block as much as possible (many people here call it "parry" because it works the same way parry works in mcoc - you can even watch vids about how to parry in mcoc in order to learn how to use Mix in TFTF - "Dorky Diggity Dave" had some great tips on that.

Once you can use concussive block reliably, Mix becomes a monster. You don't really notice it much, but matches end very suddenly with him!

His sp2 is devastating. Try to get a burn debuff from his ranged attack - it turns all his attacks to crits (every single single one) including his sp attacks. That's when you wanna strike.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Trailfire wrote: »

Practice his concussive block as much as possible (many people here call it "parry" because it works the same way parry works in mcoc - you can even watch vids about how to parry in mcoc in order to learn how to use Mix in TFTF - "Dorky Diggity Dave" had some great tips on that.

Once you can use concussive block reliably, Mix becomes a monster. You don't really notice it much, but matches end very suddenly with him!

His sp2 is devastating. Try to get a burn debuff from his ranged attack - it turns all his attacks to crits (every single single one) including his sp attacks. That's when you wanna strike.

Unfortuntely, concussive block requires the sig to be unlocked. I think Mix is a bit weak without that.

Personally, I think concussive should be made baseline (maybe without the damage and just the ability to gain stacks from timed blocking) as it's fairly integral to the play style.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    FYI: 3 Star Hot Rod is in the Calendar.
    FYI again: he's weak in every sense. There are just a handful of bots with evasion ability whom he can counter with deceleration, but a Warrior who never bleeds? Sad.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    And I got 2 x 2* Bludgeons from my enraged crystals thanks. Congrats!
  • OtriumOtrium Posts: 91
    @KillMasterC I can't get hot rod from the calendar because I started my account later on so I missed the days
  • Terminal wrote: »
    Trailfire wrote: »

Unfortuntely, concussive block requires the sig to be unlocked. I think Mix is a bit weak without that.

Personally, I think concussive should be made baseline (maybe without the damage and just the ability to gain stacks from timed blocking) as it's fairly integral to the play style.

I'm crap at blocking (I find evading much easier - I always seem to be late with the block), so Mix's sig means nothing for me.

But his SP2 damage coupled with the burn debuff is awesome and much harder to evade than Ironhide's SP2. Mix appears weak, but he can end fights really quickly :)
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    I personally enjoy Mix as far as stacking buffs and then unloading a SP3 for the hilarity and insane damage. I dodge more than I block and I don't have a mcoc background so his sig isn't very useful to me. Still, a lot more fun since they changed his kit.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited August 2017
    The problem is that it takes 60 seconds to get max buffs and once you use a special you need to wait again for 60 seconds for max buffs.

There's nothing quick about mix. Without his sig he's just too slow.

He needs max buffs just to comparable with normal Ironhide..

Because all the buffs you have to wait a minute for, ironhide simply has the same kind of buffs as baseline, plus he has a much higher base attack, so all your attacks during that 60 seconds of waiting has done far more damage with ironhide.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    if you use concussive bloc he gets his buffs very quickly
  • StealthmodeStealthmode Posts: 218
    edited August 2017
    His sp3 is legit as well. I tend to use that over his sp2 and sp1.