Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3 stars are still viable

With all these posts saying that 3 stars aren't viable anymore I would like to shed some more light- they are! A full team of 3 stars at 3/30 or 4/40 can clear Hard mode 100% and even one 3/30 and rest 2/20 can- that's what I'm trying to do to get 4 star shards- so with some skill you can can clear hard mode 100% with 3 star bots. Done some tiers of Am can be cleared with 4/40 3 stars and raids can. Heck the only thing that requires 4 stars to be honest is Rulers of Kaon and Am. Remember the shift in Mcoc when 5 stars were available that changed the tiers of 4 stars and 3 stars- no one in the game has a maxed 4 star bot yet and 5 stars aren't available yet so 3 stars are viable- this is my opinion and I don't mean to offend someone with the opposite viewpoint- just wanted to share my thoughts:)

Comments

• Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    What people are meaning by 3* aren't viable anymore mainly applies to anyone with a near full collection of 3* bots and are gaining 4* bots on a regular basis. That means about 1 4* bot crystal every week or two if not more often. With the growing ways to acquire 4* bots through 4* crystals, yes, 3* bots are losing their viability. A rank 3 4* bot is more powerful than a max forged 3* @ 4/40 and it is becoming easier and easier to attain r3 4* bots now.

So in short, yes, for a lot of people, 3* are still viable, even if only for arena. They are just obsolete for a solid chunk of players as well
  • I don't think many people have more than 1 4*r3 bot, and so for the most part 3*r4 bots are likely to form at least part of many people's strongest team of 3 bots for AM or 5 bots for story.

3* bots are much easier to forge up than 4* bots are, and you're also much more likely to have higher sig 3* bots too, so they definitely still have a place. How long that will last will likely depend on the next special mission in a month or so - if that has similar amounts of T3b as the current one has then it'll probably mean the last 3* bots drop out of your top bots.
  • Getting 4*'s isn't that hard.

Leveling them up, there's the hard part.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Getting 4*'s isn't that hard.

I have 1 (whom I love very much), where are people getting these things?
  • CandKane wrote: »
    Getting 4*'s isn't that hard.

I have 1 (whom I love very much), where are people getting these things?

Well luck from premium crystals.

Finishing story mode stuff gives 4* shards I believe.

Do the crystal arena when it shows up, good chunk of 3 and 4 star shards for all milestones.

Higher rank rewards in bot arenas is usually 250 4* shards as well.

• jjack314jjack314 Posts: 37
    The majority of players aren't getting as many 4* shards as some may believe. You also have to be in an alliance that achieves certain rewards that give 4* shards. not everyone is at that level. it is still easier to receive a 3* than a 4*. whoever feels differently, is oblivious to where the majority of players are. For an elite player, sure 4* shards may be easy to come by. That doesn't hold true for the mass. You will get a 3* long before a 4* and be able to max him long before you can get a 4* to 3/30.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yeah I'm just hitting the point where I can 100% Hard Mode spotlight missions, so that's gonna help a lot, and the crystal bounty arena has gotten me around 900-1000 4* shards so far. I guess I just gotta keep pushing forward, wondering if I should switch alliances though, we're not as active as we used to be.