Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upcoming Changes to Raids

13»

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    One thing I think needs to be adjusted is qbase medals need to be more now since we can't choose them
  • I think that's a good idea.
  • TDRTR31TDRTR31 Posts: 4
    Don't like not having any choice over who I raid. If I raid these choices you make for me, it's costing me in repair kits (which are REALLY high for raids). Today, I tried using the 2 energy to find a new opponent & it gave me the exact same one again. So I then got out and used another raid ticket &it took me to the same opponent again, who was over 1,000 above my own base & would've probably cost about 65 energy to win.

LOVE the fact that a 3* bot is offered, but not sure how I'll ever get that many chips with these kind of opponents...
  • Just my two cents worth:
    1) Before raid mechanics were changed to win or get almost nothing, I loved to take risks with raids, see how high a rating I could beat. Once they changed it to the win or get nothing system, taking risks became too expensive since I'd get less then I'd lose when raided in return.
    2) The raid system punishes people who are short on time. I raid once before work, check at lunch, and see I got hit back 3x...thats a net loss every time I raid but don't have time to do 3 raids.
    3) From what I saw before this change, every time I successfully defended, it opened me up to get hit again. So any time I even looked at possible raid targets, I'd be opened up to get SUCESSFULLY raided 3x, regardless of how many of my 3 attempts I used or how successful I was. What is the point of defending your base when you will just keep getting attacked until 3 successfully raid you? I haven't had a chance to see if that holds true post change.

Summary: Based on the description of the change, you are making it harder to successfully raid without addressing the issues with the raid system that were pushing people to take the easy option in the first place. It's too soon to say the change is all bad, but just the initial impression I get is very negative.
  • Here's what I think would be a much better fix to the raid system (assuming intent is to align with player skill rather than just a giant cash grab):
    Give players 3 choices, an easy, medium, and hard option. Scale rewards based on the difficulty the player chooses. Give players decent reward per bot so that there is incentive to try hard bases.

That way, those who are short on time and just raiding to earn points for alliance can do 3 fast and easy raids for the points. Those who want the challenge can pick the hard option. Per bot rewards give incentive to pick harder options since you know even if you fail, you still get decent reward for time and effort. That's a much better deal than this current "fix" whice so far feels like a cash grab.

I would also say failed raids should still give points for alliance event. i say this because the bulk of points come from the limited time raid blitzes. Since getting to choose your opponent is now locked behind a paywall, if a player gets cruddy matches, then all their attempts are wasted...and what's worse is to their alliance, the lack of points makes it look like they aren't even trying!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Why can we only purchase 1 of the 2 star? It used to be 10.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    @Fyrintenimar raised a good point. It sucks that *every* time you win defense, you immediately get raided again. What in the world is the point of that? On the very rare occasion that you get a win, it should just be a win
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Well my base still has a defense rate of 1/10 (if I'm generous). You didn't fix anything in that update.

I can easily raid 8k bases, 9/10k are a challenge but doable. My own base has 7,5k, with the best bot/mod combinations I can muster for that.

So basically every opponent I face is going to walk over my base as if it were nothing, since they probably can easily raid 9/10k bases themselfs.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    @Trailfire I also noticed that when I'm successful on defense I keep getting raided anyway until I fail.. so there's really no point in trying because the game keeps you in the pool until you lose.. and immediately returns you to the pool without any waiting.
  • BlackoutTheConBlackoutTheCon Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    In my personal opinion, the Raid System is more balanced since you attack the bases based off yours.
    But 10,000 character chips for just one 3*? Not worth it.
    It takes you 70-100 or more raids to get 10,000 character chips. Every raid ticket has a cooldown of 1 hour, making it 70-100 hours of waiting and raiding bases. In total, that's approximately 3-4 days.
    By the way, why can we only get 1 single bot on those raids? (Both 2*'s and 3*'s) Wasn't it supposed to be up for 10 for the 2* bots?
  • M_manM_man Posts: 14
    I've been playing raids for a while now and I had three issues I was hoping could be addressed in future updates.

[1] Would it ever be possible to stop the raid timer from counting down while we log in / load fights?
    My phone will occasionally disconnect during a raid (spotty connection) which means I have to re-connect, re-load raid, then reload the fight. which takes a huge chunk out of my raid timer.
    I find that the current system is just punishing Users with lower end phones or not as good connections, I understand you wouldnt want to stop the timer completely as people could abuse it but its really annoying to get to timed out during a loading screen, maybe pause the timer for 30 secs if the User is loading or re-connecting?

[2] Can the raid be considered won if the last fight is won rather than "The last fight is won, and the game needs to return to the map to realise it was the last fight", It's annoying to get to the end, beat the last bot with seconds to spare, only to be told it didnt matter because the raid map didnt load fast enough :(

[3] Can disconnecting during a fight not put the attacker at a disadvantage? If i disconnect during a fight my bots keep whatever damage they took during a fight and the enemies regain all their health, and if I beat the enemy and then it disconnects, even if I'm on the victory screen the match is null and void :/

Those are just some issues I had after playing a few matches, but apart from that I'm really enjoying the game and the ability to unlock characters by winning chips has helped me add some interesting bots to my roster :) and thanks for making an awesome Transformers game!

Also If we could one day get G1 Hot Rod, Beast Wars Dinobot or Last Knight Megatron to the roster that would be awesome ^^
  • Some mods like harm accelerator starts before harm done and sucks all energon without a single hit from defender , and sometimes 2 bleeding energon appears means definitely death but the rate at which it lose it unreal . Kindly work on such mods ability.

And BONECRUSHER kindly do some change in his ability bots dies killing him, which are supperior to him in rating
  • d5kzxh7f7yxi.png

It's possible to gather chips
  • Im wasting alot of raid tickets because bases that im just not even going to attempt keep popping up and they all have wasp or Megatron on laser guidance where if you get hit once your dead no point in trying
  • Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I have passed your feedback on to the team. Unfortunately, there isn't anything more to add at this time, but the team is aware of your guys feelings towards this change at this time.
  • Just change the chip tuoes u guys should offer extra chips if the raids opponents don't offer more, riad is full of ****.

What is the meaning of 12 hour shields if you can't produce chips of your own.
    No use 12- -24 make change in the and instead of chips make T3 earning way like we earn 2 star or 3 star bots seprate and no available to loot
    Otherwise shut the useless event raiding all day and chips are like birds **** man, we need to make it dinasours **** loads of chips
  • mwl9k5wz9qo3.png

Tell me at 1400+ trophies i m seeing this , where m I suppose to earn chips with this.
    Kindly undo the last change or shall i send Shockwave to do an undo
  • mwl9k5wz9qo3.png

Tell me at 1400+ trophies i m seeing this , where m I suppose to earn chips with this.

That's definitely annoying, but one of the things that will adjust and correct itself over time. It will take a little while, but we're confident that it will even out in the end.
  • I'm not looking this new system. I'm getting too many bases that I cannot even get past the first bot. Realistically I can only raid 1 out of 3 bases because my skill level is pretty low.
  • RoyFockerRoyFocker Posts: 9
    edited September 2017
    mwl9k5wz9qo3.png

That's definitely annoying, but one of the things that will adjust and correct itself over time. It will take a little while, but we're confident that it will even out in the end.

No it will not. I am one of those who have [removed by moderation] base defense but have high medal counts because I can beat bases way above my pay grade. Before the change to raids I was at 1500 medal. I am now currently at 1772 medal with the new raid system and my base rating of 1518 is the same as it was before the changes to raid took effect. We have very low chip count because we always spend them whenever we can to avoid it from being stolen by attacking players.

Here's my suggestion. Since people like me always spend chips when we can to prevent it from being stolen by other players. Why not add a fixed amount of chips as reward in addition to what is stolen from the defending base during a successful raid? These fixed amount of chips should not be taken from the defending base's chips.

600-800 base rating: Assured 1000 raid chips as reward + stolen chips
    800-1000 base rating: Assured 1250 raid chips as reward + stolen chips
    1000-1200 base rating: Assured 1500 raid chips as reward + stolen chips
    1200-1400 base rating: Assured 1750 raid chips as reward + stolen chips

But the most important thing to remember is that whatever you do, please do not make it another cash grab attempt. That will do more harm than good.
  • RoyFocker wrote: »
    Here's my suggestion. Since people like me always spend chips when we can to prevent it from being stolen by other players.

Your suggestion is reasonable, but your suggested rewards are laughable because they are way too high. Even if you mistakenly left off a digit, an 8k base shouldn't be guaranteed 1k raid chips.

• That's definitely annoying, but one of the things that will adjust and correct itself over time. It will take a little while, but we're confident that it will even out in the end.

Miike, that's REALLY not good enough... You guys went to the trouble of completely revamping the raid system AND following it with this T3basic raid event. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that this raid event is a big deal for many players and your raid changes are screwing me six ways from sunday.

My typical raiding group is 4k+, and I got a 200 rating base. I'm sure that triple digit chip count is gonna help me reach 25k.
    As much as I hated to do it, I wanted a real opponent and paid energon to refresh. Lo and behold, the same opponent. If that's not a slap in the face, I don't know what is. I'm not the same person either:
    http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/1923/raid-new-opponent-generates-same-opponent#latest

You say the motivation for this change was people getting inflated ratings. Well why do you keep pairing me with opponents that are clearly too low for my level? When the opponent base rating with 7 bots and mods is < 50% the rating of my typical raiding party of 3, you're completely screwing over people like me that are trying to legitimately play the game and rewarding people that game the system. Some people are obviously sandbagging to try and avoid strong bases when they raid. Not only are you allowing them to benefit from this, when they end up raiding my base, I end up losing far too many medals because their rating clearly shouldn't be that low.

I'll even give you a simple solution. Pair their sandbagged bases with raiders who have ratings under 1k and make them lose 800-1k medals. Problem solved. Everyone will instantly go back to having reasonable bases which is what the entire base concept is supposed to be all about.

Pre-patch, my rating was anywhere in the 1800-2200 depending on how much time I had to raid. Now it's mostly plummeting not from losses, but the 5 Quintesson bases you paired me with in the past 24 hours and the crappy medal counts I get from terrible opponents.
  • KingOfPain wrote: »
    RoyFocker wrote: »
    Here's my suggestion. Since people like me always spend chips when we can to prevent it from being stolen by other players.

Your suggestion is reasonable, but your suggested rewards are laughable because they are way too high. Even if you mistakenly left off a digit, an 8k base shouldn't be guaranteed 1k raid chips.

Oh my bad. I meant MEDALS, not base rating. I actually think my suggested reward are balanced considering that the T1 Alpha Spark Essence alone costs 15000 + 13000 + 11000 + 9000 = 48000 chips!!! Now we have the T3 Basic Spark Essence that costs 25000 for the initial purchase. Making the reward system more enticing and less grindy would actually make those not doing raids consider playing it.