Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Enough already

Raid crash is not fixed. Now we have a steep crash health penalty in special missions. Come on!
jhq1i7zhmqeh.png
That's the first fight in sp. mission crash on load, come back and there's HR all banged up. How bout it?

Comments

• Happened to me too. This patch has increased crashes, which has made the problem much more annoying.
  • Health penalties are such BS, if the game is unbalanced or whatever just let players know this is the best you can come up with to correct those issues. I've been reading for an eternity of how "we are working to resolve the issues". Well that's a load of horse ****, the only thing they work on is how to get more cash from the players. Modify raids add masteries, great. Just stop screwing the players please. I'm so pissed I can't even type a complete thought.
  • Here you go guys another mission, another crash. This time it took all the repair I just put into a bot. Windblade was a little more than 50% before this crash
    pj6te1vfwop2.png
  • iPad 10.3.3
  • Hey OP,

We'd like to help you out and get this fixed, but we need more information. Just saying that you're crashing doesn't really give us any information to work off of. Thanks for getting us your iOS information, but can you tell us what kind of iPad you're using, how long you're playing when this happens, and maybe what fights you see this on most often, including the bots you are using?

Also, do you have any device settings that are out of the ordinary? Are you receiving a lot of push notifications (even if you can't see them)? Do you have the power saving mode on? Any information you can provide helps us get to the source of the issues!
  • Mike thanks for takin the time to post
    iPad mini MGNR2LL/A
    I don't think device settings are out of ordinary
    Power save is off
    Sorry don't know what a " push notification is"
    Arena crash is most rare, starts to lag, then it freezes, then I'm kicked
    other crash events(raid,story,sp.mission,daily,) are happening the fight load
    Also crashing when I select bots to upgrade or when I back out from upgrading bots. Every day, more than once an hour usually. I might have to start blood pressure meds if we can't get this fixed. I'm more than willing to give as much info as I can
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Hey OP,

We'd like to help you out and get this fixed, but we need more information. Just saying that you're crashing doesn't really give us any information to work off of. Thanks for getting us your iOS information, but can you tell us what kind of iPad you're using, how long you're playing when this happens, and maybe what fights you see this on most often, including the bots you are using?

Also, do you have any device settings that are out of the ordinary? Are you receiving a lot of push notifications (even if you can't see them)? Do you have the power saving mode on? Any information you can provide helps us get to the source of the issues!

All devices that I play this game on still crash....constantly. IPad Air, Samsung Galaxy S7, and SHIELD Tablet. The crashing has been constant, and ongoing since day 1 of launch with not even 1 device gaining even a little improvement.

You have seen mine, and many others, posts regarding the constant crashing...and I really have not seen anyone post saying anything like "My device no longer crashes constantly!" after a new patch has been released.

IMO, the bigger issue at the moment, and one I dont think I have ever seen ANY mod actually address, is the acknowledgment that there is major crashing issues related to this game, and the fact that this game still penalizes players for the games own faults. This game makes money off people purchasing energon, and using that energon on things like health pots and revives during difficult missions/quests. Can you explain to me why these issues have been ongoing for as long as they have, with little to no resolution, and you guys still include a major health penalty when the game crashes....that, from my perspective, seems quite shady. It seems shady that an issue with your game would penalize the player, and penalize them in a way which might force them to have to spend money in order to complete the mission/quest.

How about this - if my game crashes by no fault of my own, and one of my bots loses 1/2 its health, can I just send a message to you and you can send me the pots needed to fill my bots HP back up to where it was before the game crashed? That seems fair, imo.
  • Where did you go Kabam Mike? You asked for more info and I try to oblige. Was this just a hit and run response? I'm ready to be the first one to say " hey guys I got my crash issues sorted out, be patient. They really are trying to solve these problems"
  • Hey there Humpyhampster!

Sorry, we are doing our best right now to look into this issue and get it resolved so that everyone can get back into the game! Although we don't have an exact ETA yet on when we will have a fix, we are looking into what is causing this.

Thanks for taking the additional time out of your day to provide us with that information! If you know of anyone else who is experiencing this issue, make sure to have them come on and send their info here as well! The more information we get, the easier it is to look for a solution!

• Ok, I guess. Here's today's dose of the reality of this game: spec. Mission (med) crash on fight load for Optimus prime

• If you wanna have a tech get with me in PM, I'll start logging everything
  • So y'all did something behind the scenes and I had about a 36 hour reprieve until today
    cwckhwwcglw0.png
    dzcvgoojvhvc.png
  • Help me help you jerry!
  • Want more? OG prime then mv1. Two raids, two penalties. I just quit the second one because the lag was so dam bad. 50 es away from a spark too. Not worth the aggravation
    7t5hap7k1wdb.png
    qqhzrwas4x6z.png
  • A lot of crashes seem to coincide with your advertisements. Seems like almost every time I get back on post crash I'm looking at some deal to get my energon
  • Hey Kabam Mike. As a programmer(not so skilled), I can pretty much relate that crash or hang issues can be a real pain to debug, especially if you don't really have anything to go by. I don't know if it's already implemented currently, but perhaps adding some developer logs to the game that could be sent to the kabam servers after a crash or hang would help the devs trace the problem. The drawback I suppose would be that it would make the game heavier and might introduce lag and performance issues though.
  • How bout making some of us whole again? Not a chance right? These bugs cost energon which in turn cost real money or time. Time equals money too unless you have no life and are a useless moron. I'm talking about these crashes in spotlight today (raid issue still there) I'm getting f
    d in every aspect of this game. The only reason I put up with this crap is because I don't want to disappoint my alliance friends
  • Hey there Humpyhampster!

Sorry, we are doing our best right now to look into this issue and get it resolved so that everyone can get back into the game! Although we don't have an exact ETA yet on when we will have a fix, we are looking into what is causing this.

Thanks for taking the additional time out of your day to provide us with that information! If you know of anyone else who is experiencing this issue, make sure to have them come on and send their info here as well! The more information we get, the easier it is to look for a solution!

Crash on Raid and Special missions
    Galaxy Note 5
    normal push notifications
    Android 7
    happens with and without power saving mode on
    I use the phone the most, but happens on my Galaxy Tab as well
    Android 7
    normal push
    with and without power saving
    most updated system/kernal etc.
  • Hey everyone!

Thanks for continuing to provide us with information. I'm sorry there hasn't been any information update. Different devices, different OS, etc... are all things we have to look at with these problems and that takes time. Please be patient with us as this gets looked into. Thanks again for the continuation of information and screenshots!
  • It's like cancer man, no disrespect meant. What I mean is it started gradually in the raids and started spreading out into other parts of the game. The more it spreads the more persistent the issues. I'm having all kinds of issues now. Every type of lag, freeze, bootcrash you name it. I ish you would hold off on new content and just concentrate on getting this thing cleaned up. If you want to be fair to all the players shut it down and fix it
    Funny thing is, last time I got a response it's like someone hit a magical button. I was good for almost two days. Where is the subscription for that " magic button?"
  • Was hoping the update would fix the problem, unfortunately it did not. Was happy to see decreased loading time as part of the update description. My experience thus far has been quite to the contrary. Load times have increased ten fold

• yanqxfdtcq1n.png
    Most of my crash issues have come when I have to match up against demo class bots
  • Arena crash is back in full force after most recent update. Back to one crash with penalty per raid on average. Coupled with the new arena issues I've been having the game is sucking really really bad right now. iPad mini 10.3.3
  • This is funny. Since i got this game(back in late March), it has only crashed twice. Everything else was just visual glitches. Idk why everyone else is crashing so much :/
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    For all the players having crashing issues..

Have any of you tried downloading a game booster app? They aren't the greatest thing for your device long term, but what they CAN do is determine if the problem is actually on your end.

They force close all apps and clear cache when activated, freeing up as much memory as possible for your game to run.

If you find it improves the performance of the game, then you at least have an understanding of where the issue truly lies.

Now, many people will say "I close all my background apps before playing" etc, etc... I get that. All I'm suggesting is try an experiment to see if a game booster improves the performance, and note how long it maintains that improved performance.

If the game starts off great then drops off after 20-30 minutes, this is an indication that there is an issue with asset management in the coding itself, something kabam needs to address.

If it keeps running for a reasonable amount of time, 30-60 minutes, before overheating or otherwise losing stability, it's most likely an issue with the device itself - overheating, actual hardware ability, etc.

It the booster actually solves the problem, then it's most definitely something the player is neglecting prior to running the game.

I wouldn't recommend long term use of game boosters, but I do appreciate their value in troubleshooting app performance concerns, in order to narrow down the root cause.