Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Base and Arena AI Style

LegacyTheAppLegacyTheApp Posts: 17
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Does the AI style of a player's base and bots in Arena emulate the players fighting style with the bots?

In example if I use Waspinator to spam heavy attacks vs melee style, does the AI have machine learning that learns my style and uses it against players when they attack my base?

We were discussing that sometimes a player's bots match their style in arena and on their bases and were wondering if it was a coincidence.

Comments

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    So far, I doubt it. Base defense bots do have a difficulty increase though. I've seen many defending bots have some really inhuman reflex speeds. Also, Kabam, please finish nerf the Harm Accelerator. It's just stupid overpowered.
  • Harm is countered by MV1. Some also say ironhide is good for harm (post masteries, he may be less effective). Harm and laser seem to be the most overpowered mods. Generally when my def wins, it's those 2 that do the most damage.

I suspect the reason it looks like AI is emulating someone's play style is because each bot has its strengths that affect the way you play it. The AI capitalizes on those strengths and if you do also, it may feel like the AI is imitating you.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I think the AI responds to your play style during a match. So if you're very hands off the enemy just sits there also. But if you get aggressive it responds in kind.

But the AI that represents your base won't be able to mimic your play style, I'm sure of that.

You can test it pretty easily... think about the AI of all the different bases you raid. Is there much obvious difference in the way the AI uses Wasp (for instance) depending on who you're playing?

Now do a fight and change your style completely. Go as far as to just AFK. Does the AI still play the way it normally does, or does it become more chill?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Doubt it. But if machine learning is applied and if it works, it could be interesting, though.
  • Learning AI would be really cool, but it's not something we have at this time. The AI you face in this mode is just the regular old AI that can be found in the rest of the game as well.
  • But also... If the AI could learn, it could turn into Skynet, and I don't want that...
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    But also... If the AI could learn, it could turn into Skynet, and I don't want that...

Google is SkyNet. The end is nigh.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    But also... If the AI could learn, it could turn into Skynet, and I don't want that...

Lol terminator movie fan detected although i like that movie too
  • I raided legacy the apps base and his wasp kept firing heavy attacks non stop and he told me he uses wasp like that so are you sure it doesnt take your play style into effect
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I raided legacy the apps base and his wasp kept firing heavy attacks non stop and he told me he uses wasp like that so are you sure it doesnt take your play style into effect

Was he using a trans warp mod?

That mod makes the bot use heavy more often
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    The memory to learn players playstyle and then use them for their ai would be insanely complex if even possible it's just in your head
  • Thanks for confirming @Kabam Miike - I assumed not but was just curious because of what @Blazinhobbs said about my base fighting style. Figured it was just coincidence.

But it would be sick if the AI could match player style - even if not via true player/bot-level machine learning (due to complexity), than at least by learning a player's general fight style in broad terms - I.e. Close range melee style fighting vs long range style and then have AI somewhat match the general style so that it would be more similar to playing against that player for real.

Well - one can dream!
  • Later...the AI will rise together and they combined into Computron