Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What Shockwave Needs

Having been my most used character now, I've gotten extremely familiar with Shockwave and his fighting style. As many have said, he is a bit under powered. Me being among the set that agrees.

I had spoken about some ideas regarding what could improve him, but I recently came to a different conclusion. Shockwave doesn't need more charges, but instead better methods of using them. Anyone that's played the raid events knows very well how fast the bots are. Hitting these guys with a heavy ranged attack in a 6 second time window is actually really hard. Not to mention that bots get scared of these charges and get even more evasive until he loses them.

Shockwave is clearly a ranged fighter so he needs something to step up his shooting game, and I think I finally know what. He needs faster shots. Such effects could level up with rank. 10~15% light projectile speed and 20~30% heavy projectile speed. In addition, Shockwave adds 10~20% speed for each charge he's currently carrying. This buff would allow for two strategies. More commonly, he has a much better chance to actually apply the charges he built. Secondly, he could hold these charges and instead use enhanced light shots. Being able to reduce the odds of missing would solve Shockwave's current predicament.

I'm not sure when or if Shockwave will be added to the list if buffed characters, but I'm very fond of this concept for him. I know there are a few others that could use work, but I just don't use them enough to get an experienced opinion.
Tagged: