Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Megatron in raids

TragicvisionTragicvision Posts: 22
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
I'm increasing seeing Megatron paired with Laser Guidance Module on raids and wondering if certain people have spotted how much damage he does with heavy attacks. When he becomes Unstoppable the only thing I can seemingly do is dodge constantly. Is there any bot that can counter this?

Comments

• Options
    Its awful facing him in raids. Average players cant beat him and are rage quitting at an alarming rate.

Personally I cant do raids anymore without my AM team as they are my best bots or I get Ko'ed after one heavy or SP2 from him. He needs to be fixed like IH was secretly....
  • Options
    Sounds like your medal count went up. I see Mega on at least 90% of bases, always with laser, sometimes 2 on the same base.

Just evade his heavies. There's usually 2-3 of them. They always come at the same time, which is when his life bar gets down to whatever the 3 stages are that make him go unstoppable.

Shoot and evade, shoot and evade. Rush in if you knock him off balance, rush away when his unstoppable is about to start.

Bring tech bots so 1 mistake doesn't KO you. That's the best you can do. Rhinox or Mirage are the best options.
  • Options
    LGM has been nerfed in 3.1, update and see if it helps.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Wait... "When he becomes unstoppable, all I can do is evade."

Ummm... Is there something else you can do against any other bot when they are unstoppable?

Lol! Yeah.. you should be evading until it passes.
  • Options
    I've been using Mirage to successfully defeat him. Good shout. Any other class I've tried (including same class fully upgraded class 3 Ironhide) goes down in 4 hits. The problem is with each unstoppable health phase if Megatron misses a heavy attack he automatically gets a ranged buff AND a 100% chance to increase his attack for 10ish seconds. I can only think BB and Arcee would help as part of the team to increase Speed Chasers and crits on ranged attacks.
    Still, it makes me cry when I see my best bot gets obliterated in no time at all
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    LGM is amplified with Megs because Megatron also stacks his own ranged buff on top of LGM.

even with the nerf he's gonna hit hard. Just gotta learn to play around it. He's very very predictable, much like Soundwave
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    There are ways around him...Mirage being the easiet. When you see unstoppable just get ready to dodge left and right.

Yes higher level players figured out that LGM goes with Megs that is kind of the point. Certain Mods work best with certain bots LGM and Megs = match made in heaven. If its issue just lose medals and drop down a level until your bots are stronger
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Listen, we can't start changing bots abilities around because it's too difficult for some people. As you play more and develop your skills better(dodging, blocking, etc), you'll adjust. I despise MT as well but I'm not going to quit because someone has him on a node.

I don't like "nerfing" bots as people put a lot of resources into building their bots whether they did it the free way or paid for a faster build.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited September 2017
    ironically soundwave also excels against Megs lol
  • Options
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Listen, we can't start changing bots abilities around because it's too difficult for some people..
    Ermm, I don't want him to be nerfed. I just asked what are the best bots and techniques to beat him. I actually like the fact that some people have picked up on what is a relatively new bot/mod combo.

Manthro wrote: »
    LGM is amplified with Megs because Megatron also stacks his own ranged buff on top of LGM.
    even with the nerf he's gonna hit hard. Just gotta learn to play around it. He's very very predictable, much like Soundwave
    Even though I'm level 35 I've not come across him that much in other modes so I'm learning his patterns. Bit of a beast.

BOFAD wrote: »
    There are ways around him...Mirage being the easiest. When you see unstoppable just get ready to dodge left and right.
    One part of my game I definitely need to work on. Cheers bud.

• Options
    With Mirage you can also just stay close and keep using heavy until unstoppable ends. You often get several hits while Megs tries his heavy. Mirage makes it cake but of course that's having to use a specific bot.
  • Options
    kranders wrote: »
    With Mirage you can also just stay close and keep using heavy until unstoppable ends. You often get several hits while Megs tries his heavy. Mirage makes it cake but of course that's having to use a specific bot.

That's pretty much exactly what I've been trying. Mirage's heavy ducks under projectiles so I've tried medium distance coupled with 'dancing'. I'm lucky I have him as one of my main five but I up to now have thrown in Bonecrusher to take him down to 50%, and die and Mirage to mop him up. No other bots give me that much trouble with attack; only Ultra Magnus with defence pees me off in the same way. Have you had any decent payoffs with other bots?
  • Options
    Come on ppl meg is easy.. rhinox 4* r3 fully forged..
  • Options
    Holdon wrote: »
    Come on ppl meg is easy.. rhinox 4* r3 fully forged..

All I can say to that is - Shut up, Meg.
    :smile:
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Or Soundwave. Just heavy him while he's unstoppable. You get x5 damage. Just be careful to bait his specials because the meter fills very quickly after you hit him with a heavy while he's in unstoppable. I can usually kill him in about 10-15 hits.
  • Options
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Or Soundwave. Just heavy him while he's unstoppable.
    Soundwave and Prowl (strangely enough) are the only two I haven't got in any rank. Not too annoying considering both my 3* and 2* Ironhides have stupidly high Obliteration due to duplication (seriously, its almost funny when I don't get an Ironhide in a crystal). However, I would like to try him out.

• Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    It really is just a patience game with Megatron. With Soundwave especially. You connect with one heavy then either heavy him to death or just stand back and dodge Meg's heavies while in unstoppable mode, all while letting your own power flood take you to your sp2 and then hit him with that and then do more dancing and dodging while your power flood gets you to sp3. The more you encounter any bot though on any mod, the easier it will be to figure out how the AI is going to move them around the arena.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    Wait... "When he becomes unstoppable, all I can do is evade."

Ummm... Is there something else you can do against any other bot when they are unstoppable?

Lol! Yeah.. you should be evading until it passes.

Yes, there is. I've run into the habit to save an S3 for any Unstoppable, be it Megatron's, Motor's S2 or Exo's Purification. It's really cool to see my Grindor throwing halo-bearing enemies high into the sky and missile nailing them to the ground, killing the Unstoppable time. (He goes: unstoppable, huh?)