Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: The Last Knight Challenge

2»

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    The 4* bot shards and the 3* bot shards do not show as a completion or exploration award anywhere. Is this a bug?
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Lapras wrote: »
    The 4* bot shards and the 3* bot shards do not show as a completion or exploration award anywhere. Is this a bug?

False alarm... I was looking at the act and chapter awards. I found them in the mission completion awards
  • They're not gonna fix the health penalty cuz it makes them money
  • Has anyone completed the 4* challenge? What were the bots HP level on the final walk through.
  • Here's a tip for everybody: Make sure to read the opponent's Buffs before engaging in a fight.

I should have really taken my own advice, and usually do, but I was just auto-fighting away before I noticed that Bumblebee was healing every time my Ironhide shot at him...
  • Hey Everybody, I wanted to give you all a heads up about a small change to one of the Buffs in the Challenge.

The Rampage buff currently does not clearly explain its function, and has been causing a little confusion. How it works: The opponent starts with 3 Attack Buffs, (Melee, Ranged, and Special,) and each of these Buffs can be removed by landing a corresponding Attack on the opponent. Meaning, if a Commander hits the opponent with a Melee Attack, the Melee Buff on the opponent is removed.

While these Attack Buffs are active, the opponent has a Resistance Buff that makes them immune to any Physical or Energy damage. The Resistance Buff is only removed when all of the other Attack Buffs are removed.

We'll be updating the description of the Buff in game to better highlight its effect, and will also be tuning it down a tiny bit, so even with the Resitance buff up you can do a little damage (it will not be much)

• While these Attack Buffs are active, the opponent has a Resistance Buff that makes them immune to any Physical or Energy damage. The Resistance Buff is only removed when all of the other Attack Buffs are removed.
    So it means we have to:
    * land a basic or heavy range
    * land a basic or heavy melee
    * land a special
    to start dealing ANY health damage to the opponent? That's a lot to ask. And I'm afraid that's not what happens either. When I landed a melee, my opponent lost health already.

• Sorry that's not correct. They're really immune to any attack until the resistance buff is removed. And it seems saving an S3 is a good way to do this. Because if you have an S3, you can fire it right after landing a range attack, S3 will remove both melee and Special buff and the damage is OK. But of course this applies to those who have early melee motion in their S3 and those with less animation time.
  • This is a pretty cool event. Nice to have to change up tactics a bit.

It raises a question about new mods though. There are loads of cool mods used across special missions over the year, but so far I think only one new mod has been introduced since global launch, and it seriously sucked

It'd be cool if we could access some of these other mods for base defense. It'd make raiding a bit more fun, just because there might be something other than an endless line of Grindor/Ha & Mega/LGM :)
  • I agree with @Trailfire , but if so, all mods (at least more than 1) should be listed in the mission briefing before the squad line-up. Running into a mod like "attack barrier" without good preparation can be frustrating.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    You do no damage until all 3 buffs are gone, you just have to hit with all 3 types then resistance goes away and timer comes up
  • DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    edited September 2017
    Has anyone completed the 4* challenge? What were the bots HP level on the final walk through.

around 37k health on 7k pi bots, rough amounts, not exact
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    OK for most of the characters, doing an S3 will remove all 3 buffs. Most S3 have both range and melee attacks (save for Mirage, Prowl, Rhinox, Shockwave?)

Question @Kabam Miike , are those DoT debuffs (bleed, burn, acid, shock) useful against Resistance buff of the "Rampage" Mod?
  • Confirmed. DoT debuffs apply all the same, Ironhide and Windblade really shine over "Attack Barrier" and "Rampage".
  • OK for most of the characters, doing an S3 will remove all 3 buffs. Most S3 have both range and melee attacks (save for Mirage, Prowl, Rhinox, Shockwave?)

Question @Kabam Miike , are those DoT debuffs (bleed, burn, acid, shock) useful against Resistance buff of the "Rampage" Mod?

You beat me to it with your own answer, but I cannot emphasize enough how great Bleed and Shock are in this mode. Just another little tip :tongue:
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    edited September 2017
    OK for most of the characters, doing an S3 will remove all 3 buffs. Most S3 have both range and melee attacks (save for Mirage, Prowl, Rhinox, Shockwave?)

Not all best hard hitter have that like and ironhide or mv1 or Soundwave s3 dont have all option to remove Buff and these 3 bots are really good for that challenge.mv1 really shine over warrior bots,mine r4 3* mv1 help me clearing path in ch3 of hard difficulty but ch4 is really hard using 3* mv1.i wish i could have him as 4*.
    And for prowl,shockwave or rHinox fight can be bit longer bcz of damage output.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Nightchris wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    You would have to have completed rok to have an r5..... it has nothing to do with t2 rewards in am

You only receive two T2A's from completing ROK. You need 3 to level one up to r5. Sorry you know everything though...

You only need 2 look again dude it gives u everything for a r5 except gold and ore. Please stop crying
  • hey the AI is BS. holding on to specials so even if we nullify then we're screwed because the opponent gets promoted to S3 and uses it RIGHT AWAY.
  • stop whining ppl, the challenge is extremely tough , versatile and fun at the same time. You got 14 days to enjoy the mayhem and brushing up your strategies and skill, use it to explore it not crying over it.
  • Amano wrote: »
    Nightchris wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    You would have to have completed rok to have an r5..... it has nothing to do with t2 rewards in am

You only receive two T2A's from completing ROK. You need 3 to level one up to r5. Sorry you know everything though...

You only need 2 look again dude it gives u everything for a r5 except gold and ore. Please stop crying

It's definitely 3 t2as from r3 to r5.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I finished it last night. Exhausting, but very gratifying to finish.

Now I just need to get those 2 missing T2 tactician sparks tomorrow and I'll be set to r4.

Thanks for putting this even on, Kabam. Would definitely love to see more like this.
  • Akaun saya lupa, tolong lah admin... Nama [camat] wiracyborg...

• bimblade01 wrote: »
    stop whining ppl, the challenge is extremely tough , versatile and fun at the same time. You got 14 days to enjoy the mayhem and brushing up your strategies and skill, use it to explore it not crying over it.

Nah, I think the complaining is acceptable ;)
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited September 2017
    chapter 3 - 4* is doable. I've just spent 300+ energon doing them with 4* rank 3 and 3* rank 4 (some forged) bots. Getting 3000 T3 basic spark shards in return is worth it imo.

gonna skip chapter 4 tho as that is too difficult for my level.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    just restart why use energon on chapter 3. save it for chapter 4
    Davien wrote: »
    chapter 3 - 4* is doable. I've just spent 300+ energon doing them with 4* rank 3 and 3* rank 4 (some forged) bots. Getting 3000 T3 basic spark shards in return is worth it imo.

• Davien wrote: »

Thanks for posting this!
  • Finished it and it was tricky to say the least I used OG prime 4* rank3 Motormaster 4*rank3 Ratchet 3* rank4 Ironhide 3* rank4 and Prowl 3* rank4
    The worst fights are definitely Barricade on the enhanced range attack node and Bumblebee on any node lol in total I used about 500 energon which I think is pretty good value for money considering you get a T2 alpha
  • Very curious to see how many users actually completed this challenge. Id be shocked if more then 500 users playing this game actually ended up completing it.

You should want about 20% of the users to complete this as it will continue there interest in the game instead of rage quitting.

I know a lot of people who gave up once they went up against megatron with no r3 tech bots. Another missed opportunity, oh well.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Another participation trophy missed
  • Just wanted to say thanks Kabam, really enjoyed this event.
    While I only had a team of 4/40 3* at the time I ran it, completing though 4.2 and only spending about 100 energon to do it seemed well balanced. Hopefully I’ll have my two new 4* up and ready for the next one to get farther.