Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Downloading Assests after starting a Raid

I have seen this been brought up before, but never really experienced it until yesterday. I noticed that the game had an update, so I updated the game at work, and was planning on playing it on my iPad on my commute home.

Loading into the game, before loading my "Base", the game spent a couple of minutes "Downloading Assests". No big deal, ive seen stuff like this before and it usually goes quickly. Base loads. First thing I want to do is a few quick Raids. I click Raid, and click the accept button that I am going to spend a Raid Ticket. Before even choosing my bots....more "Downloading Assests". A couple of minutes pass, bot loading screen finally comes up, I choose my bots and get into the raid.

On my FIRST bot fight, before the fight even loaded, I spent the next 15 MINUTES "Downloading Assests". One bar would fill, then another would appear and again and again and again. This whole time, the timer for the raid I just started is running. By the time the fight finally loads and I complete it (remember, this is still my FIRST fight for this raid) I had around 5min left to complete the Raid.

Ok - 5min is short but this was a lower level base and I thought I could rush through it quickly. NOPE! The next fight, again, "Downloading Assests". This time it went quicker, but, the damage was already done. "Download Assests" occured a couple more quick times on the next couple of fights, but needless to say by the time I got to the last fight, I had less than 30 seconds left.

Honestly, I dont really care that I lost the raid. It was 1 raid and its whatever. But what the heck is with all these "Downloading Assests" that you guys have set up to download after a timed event has been started by the player? I would be a lot less irked by this whole thing if a message appeared before I started the raid that said "We need to download several game files before you start this event, is now a good time?"

Also, what are these seemingly random "Assests" that need to be downloaded at seemingly random times? Why cant these types of things be included in the normal Update patches that come out through the Play Store or Apple Store?

Comments

• I completely agree. If we have to download an update, fine. But at least include the entire update in a single package. This business of having new things to download every time you open a new screen is absurd and completely unnecessary
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Agreed.

The best I can figure out is that it's downloading some bot related files... and maybe some files related to the battle stages?

A way I've found to help mitigate the problem on iOS is, after an update, I go to my bots info screen and just keep tapping on the right to switch to the next bot. Stars doesn't matter, just if its a different bot or not.

This will trigger many of the downloading assets screens.

This is a poor workaround and the game should be smart enough to download all the assets at least for bots I own.

This worked for me previously, but the most recent update maybe had extra or something because I still got hit with a couple of 'downloading assets' screens while in raids the first time (which is why I said maybe related to the stage).