Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Cutoffs for 4 stars

Anyone know what the cutoff are for winning 4 star champs?

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    Yes. But nobody will tell you. It's already astronomical, and it'll just push the bar higher.

I'll put it to you this way. You can't do it for free unless you have a ton of energon saved up.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    Yes. But nobody will tell you. It's already astronomical, and it'll just push the bar higher.

I'll put it to you this way. You can't do it for free unless you have a ton of energon saved up.

Thats ok, i can afford the energon just don't want to go to far over.
  • Options
    Have 4 4stars just from crystals anyways. And i haven't finished act 2 yet. Not even half way.
  • Options
    The first time I went for a 4 star I told myself surely this will be top 5 and I got r8. The next time i might have went overboard but I got the 4 star I wanted.
  • Options
    If you mean top5, like the featured champ, then no one can afford it with 4 4* bots
  • Options
    Totherkins wrote: »
    The first time I went for a 4 star I told myself surely this will be top 5 and I got r8. The next time i might have went overboard but I got the 4 star I wanted.

So can I have an approximate score?
  • Options
    I've never bought energon to purchase crystals and I have two 4* and 14 3* bots.

Woohoo grinding! /s
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Honestly, if you're asking the question like this, you're nowhere near close enough.

Have you played in the arena at all? (edit: lol, I knew it, just checked your account and you've never played) What was your previous score? Have you ever gotten in the top 1-2%? 3-10%? All of these things will give you clues as to what you need to do to get top 5.

Only 5 people get a score high enough to get the 4*, do you think any of them are going to tell you what score you need to beat them?

It requires near constant playing and a full roster of high level bots.

I'm sorry but you're grossly over confident with no idea just how much energon is required. I had a look at your account in game. You have done 0 arena fights. You've literally never done arena and you're asking about going top 5 in the 4* arena. You have one rank 4 3* bot and a total rating of 11,023.

There is zero danger of your going 'too far over'.

I'll make you a deal, go as far over as you want, if you get higher than 5th I'll personally reimburse you the energon you're worried about 'going over'. That's a guaranteed free 4* for you :)

I bet you'll hit 11-25% at best.

Play the game and test your limits before reaching for the stars.
  • Options
    Terminal wrote: »
    Honestly, if you're asking the question like this, you're nowhere near close enough.

Have you played in the arena at all? (edit: lol, I knew it, just checked your account and you've never played) What was your previous score? Have you ever gotten in the top 1-2%? 3-10%? All of these things will give you clues as to what you need to do to get top 5.

Only 5 people get a score high enough to get the 4*, do you think any of them are going to tell you what score you need to beat them?

It requires near constant playing and a full roster of high level bots.

I'm sorry but you're grossly over confident with no idea just how much energon is required. I had a look at your account in game. You have done 0 arena fights. You've literally never done arena and you're asking about going top 5 in the 4* arena. You have one rank 4 3* bot and a total rating of 11,023.

There is zero danger of your going 'too far over'.

I'll make you a deal, go as far over as you want, if you get higher than 5th I'll personally reimburse you the energon you're worried about 'going over'. That's a guaranteed free 4* for you :)

I bet you'll hit 11-25% at best.

Play the game and test your limits before reaching for the stars.

I know how the game works man, MCoC vet here. Started this game since day 1 too. Just haven't put too much effort into Forged to Fight just yet. Just feeling out the game. If it's only top 5 right now, I have better chances with featured crystals. Gives me plenty of time to up my roster. Cause eventually it will be top 50 then up to top 400 just like MCoC. Game mechanics are identical as far as competition goes. Difference is less competition on this game as there isn't as high of a player base. Thanks though.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    yeah, at the moment the 3* is top 50 and the 4* is only top 5.

The best way to get 4* is when the crystal bounty arena pops up, get all the milestones and you get 1000 4* shards, enough for half a crystal.

You can use 1-4* in crystal bounty arena, one single arena.
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.

Highly doubt that.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    You highly doubt it's that high, or highly doubt it's that low?

As was said earlier, you can do the math after playing arena, and you'll know for yourself if the information given to you was correct or not.

I think you're gonna be very surprised at the number you come up with.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.

Highly doubt that.

He’s actually cutting it a bit short lol new bots go for even more sometimes
  • Options
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.

Highly doubt that.

So, from your experience how much???

• Options
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.

Highly doubt that.

At the start of MCoC it was just a couple million for new champs with a much higher player base. So if you factor in how many bots there are in the game, assuming you have all 3 stars maxed and most 4 stars at 2/20 and a few higher than that with recharge time and spending maybe a couple thousand units, your only looking at maybe 2 or 3 million for new champs. Cause it seriously takes a ton of grinding to hit those numbers at the start of a game like this. Seeing how my alliance placed ok in AM while missing 6 members and didn't even finish all BG's (basically did horrible) I would say that the player base for this game is really low.
  • Options
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.

Highly doubt that.

At the start of MCoC it was just a couple million for new champs with a much higher player base. So if you factor in how many bots there are in the game, assuming you have all 3 stars maxed and most 4 stars at 2/20 and a few higher than that with recharge time and spending maybe a couple thousand units, your only looking at maybe 2 or 3 million for new champs. Cause it seriously takes a ton of grinding to hit those numbers at the start of a game like this. Seeing how my alliance placed ok in AM while missing 6 members and didn't even finish all BG's (basically did horrible) I would say that the player base for this game is really low.

Then you should do 3m for new champs. See where you get.
  • Options
    It's definitely more than 3mil for new champs
  • Options
    Yep 3m won’t get you close to top 5
  • Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    3mil will get you top 100 thats about it..Ill put it this way, there is a huge gap between 50-100 and bigger gap between 20-50 and much larger gap between 1-20.

Lets assume your post is correct the bots. There are currently 26 bots including ramjet. Lets say these 26 4 stars are all 2/5 and all the 3 stars are maxed. Thats 52 bots. For math purposes we will say these are even 3 man teams so 9 bot teams of each level.

4 stars round number is 12k a fight win, 3 stars 10k a fight win. So 30k per round for 3s and 36k for 4s. Recharge time is 4 hrs for 4 stars, 3hrs for 3 stars. 3 days = 72 hrs. You want this bot bad so you don’t sleep, 3 stars no recharge that is 8 runs per day; 4 stars get 6 runs per day.

3 star runs=24 (9 teams * 30,000*24=6,480,000)
    4 star runs =18 (9 teams*36000*18=5,832,000)

That brings the grand total to 12,312,000 points just on your logic. Dont think that the others posting on here and play this game regularly havent thought about this number.
  • Options
    BOFAD wrote: »
    3mil will get you top 100 thats about it..Ill put it this way, there is a huge gap between 50-100 and bigger gap between 20-50 and much larger gap between 1-20.

Lets assume your post is correct the bots. There are currently 26 bots including ramjet. Lets say these 26 4 stars are all 2/5 and all the 3 stars are maxed. Thats 52 bots. For math purposes we will say these are even 3 man teams so 9 bot teams of each level.

4 stars round number is 12k a fight win, 3 stars 10k a fight win. So 30k per round for 3s and 36k for 4s. Recharge time is 4 hrs for 4 stars, 3hrs for 3 stars. 3 days = 72 hrs. You want this bot bad so you don’t sleep, 3 stars no recharge that is 8 runs per day; 4 stars get 6 runs per day.

3 star runs=24 (9 teams * 30,000*24=6,480,000)
    4 star runs =18 (9 teams*36000*18=5,832,000)

That brings the grand total to 12,312,000 points just on your logic. Dont think that the others posting on here and play this game regularly havent thought about this number.

I had a look at the top 5 players stats that won the top 5 spots for Ramjet. Their top arena runs are all right under 300. Didn't think about checking how many bots they had. But seeing how powerful their bots are, I am assuming they are forging 3 stars as well. Like I said better chance at winning through the feature Crystal lol.
  • Options
    0.8m per day is plenty for top2%
    3m is no where near enough for top5 in a new bot, which have 3 day arenas
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    3M per day for old bots
    5M per day for new bots
    Good luck.
    Just to be clear, I meant 3-5M per day
    For example Arcee (old bot, 2 days arena) 6M in total.
    Megatron (new bot, 3 days arena) 15M in total.
    4M wasn't enough to get Sideswipe which was 2 days arena.
    9M wasn't enough for Starscream which was 3 days arena.
    This is not guessing, it is experience.

• Options
    BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    OP you can say better luck from crystals but you better have that wallet ready lol or just wait
  • Options
    Having a set number of people who can win the featured bot makes me pretty unmotivated to even try...this coming from a MCOC player who has done the arena grinds for a featured champ many times there. Im waiting for them to change it to a percentage of top players in the arena get he bot reward, not just the top 5 or 50.
  • Options
    redshift9redshift9 Posts: 87
    edited September 2017
    I just do arena for the milestone rewards. Sure, I don't get awesome bots, but I don't end up banging my head against the wall or putting myself in the poorhouse, either.

Oh, I'm an MCOC vet, too!
  • Options
    BOFAD wrote: »
    OP you can say better luck from crystals but you better have that wallet ready lol or just wait

I do :-)
  • Options
    Terminal wrote: »
    '

Lol.. he may be downloading Photoshop as I'm typing this post... :smiley:
  • Options
    Whoa. Just whoa. I knew you had to score really high to get featured from arenas, but not that high!! And i cant grind everyday like some of you guys… ill just steer clear of arenas for a while… just do it for milestones…
  • Options
    Whoa. Just whoa. I knew you had to score really high to get featured from arenas, but not that high!! And i cant grind everyday like some of you guys… ill just steer clear of arenas for a while… just do it for milestones…

Is that your Arena? For me it's just a Gold bank.