Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Anyone else notice their device gets warmer than usual?

I'm playing on an iPhone 6s, and noticing my phone gets warmer than usual while playing. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Yes. I did.
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    Same here, Hugh battery drain
  • LJW7621LJW7621 Posts: 5
    yes my iphone 7 gets increasingly warmer the longer i play it im worried if that isnt fixed itll cause permanet battery damage which is upsetting because its an amazing game
  • Yes, in my Samsung S7 edge and it lagged to much.
  • JitJit Posts: 32
    I'd really like a mods opinion on this.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Yeah, huge drain and my phone feels like its on fire at times. Iphone 7s
    I log on to do a few quests then let my phone rest. I'm afraid of prolonged use and potential damage to my device from the heat.
    Jit wrote: »
    I log on to do a few quests then let my phone rest. I'm afraid of prolonged use and potential damage to my device from the heat.

i completely agree but the game is so hard to put down at times especially when you are just getting started.

i completely agree but the game is so hard to put down at times especially when you are just getting started. [/quote]

It's not worth potentially wrecking a $600 phone, to me anyway. Lol. Hopefully this is resolved in the near future.

• HydroclawHydroclaw Posts: 66
    edited April 2017
    I play on my Galaxy S5, and there is no heat or power drain issue. I assume it is because of lower graphics settings for my older device. Kabam should let you lower your graphics settings for those who prefer battery life over graphics quality.
    This is why we need a graphics setting option.
  • Definitely got warm on my Galaxy S7. Between this and Earth Wars, the games drain my battery very quickly.
    yes i hope the game team reads this and acknowledges the issue before it ruins my brand new iphone 7
  • Hey all, thanks so much for reporting this. I get pretty concerned myself anytime I have an issue where my device overheats (I was pretty scared the first time I left my iPhone sitting out in the sun and simply tried to send a text message without apps running).

I've gone ahead and moved the thread over here to the Bugs section of the forums for better visibility by our QA and Game Teams. We certainly want to adjust anything that may be causing this from our app with your device!

If you're also experiencing this issue, can you please provide additional details? Helpful information may include:

Device:
    OS Version:
    Version of the game (ie: 1.0.0, 1.0.1, etc):
    Length of play time before heat becomes an issue:
    Any Troubleshooting Steps taken to attempt to resolve the issue (ie: Battery settings), and result:

Again, thanks so much for reporting issues like this! The additional information will be helpful for our team in future updates to the game for device related performance!
  • Dan1998Dan1998 Posts: 6
    * Device: SM-T3 (Android)
    * OS Version: 5.1.1
    * Version of the game: 1.0.1 (Game is still crashing for me and its still making my device warmer)
    * Length of play time before heat becomes an issue: 5 minutes.
    * Any Troubleshooting Steps taken to attempt to resolve the issue (ie: Battery settings), and result: Turning the brightness down, waiting around an hour to try the game again.
    Device: iPhone 6s
    OS Version: 10.3

Version of the game: 1.0.1

I haven't experienced any game crashes, just playing any longer than 5-10 minutes causes my device to become extremely warm.

To combat this, I've played a few quests, then let my phone sit for about an hour in between playing. I've tried various settings on my phone including brightness.
  • Device: iPhone 7s
    OS version 10.3
    Game version 1.0.1

Game has had moments of lag and poor refresh rate, also the additional heat build up on my device and excessive power consumption is making it hard to play for any length of time.
  • Bonjour,
    Appareil : tablet shield k1
    Version: 1.01
    Je joue 20-30 min et le jeux crash a cause de la chauffe de la tablette. Brûlants seulement sur le jeux transformer.
  • Hey all, thanks so much for reporting this. I get pretty concerned myself anytime I have an issue where my device overheats (I was pretty scared the first time I left my iPhone sitting out in the sun and simply tried to send a text message without apps running).

I've gone ahead and moved the thread over here to the Bugs section of the forums for better visibility by our QA and Game Teams. We certainly want to adjust anything that may be causing this from our app with your device!

If you're also experiencing this issue, can you please provide additional details? Helpful information may include:

Device:
    OS Version:
    Any Troubleshooting Steps taken to attempt to resolve the issue (ie: Battery settings), and result:

Again, thanks so much for reporting issues like this! The additional information will be helpful for our team in future updates to the game for device related performance!

Here are my settings:

Device: Iphone 6s
    OS version: iOS 10.3.1
    Game version: 1.0.1
    Length of play time before heat becomes an issue: 30 minutes. The phone dims out twice and then it is very choppy. Have to wait at least 20 minutes before it clears up again. Afraid I am doing damage to my phone like this.
  • Device: Nexus 9 AND Nexus 6X
    OS Version: Android 7
    Version of the game: 1.0.1
    Length of play time before heat becomes an issue: around 15 / 30 minutes.
    Any Troubleshooting Steps taken to attempt to resolve the issue (ie: Battery settings), and result: Unplugged Google account, restarted phone. No other app generates this much heat or gets that much slower.
  • MootMoot Posts: 52
    Device: iPhone 6s
    OS version 10.3.1
    Game version: 1.0.2

- performance is worse compared to ios ver. 10.3.0
    - initial 5-10mins of gameplay has decent fps
    - 5 mins into the game, phone heats up like crazy
    - adjusting brightness doesnt reduce heat
    - after 15mins of continuous play, fps drops drastically
    - after 30mins of continuous play, fps drops drastically again + occasional freezes
    - 1hr of continous play, frequent crashes, fps drops to matrix mode. Phone is warm enough to cook eggs.
  • Any more on this?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Yes since global it has I finally pinpointed my 6s Plus raid slowdown slideshow is heat related I put phone on icepack and it goes away so everyone just play on an icepack lol
  • KOBRAKOBRA Posts: 13
    Device: iPhone 7 Plus
    OS Version: 10.2.1
    Version of the game (ie: 1.0.0, 1.0.1, etc): 1.0.2
    Length of play time before heat becomes an issue: Can feel heat within 10 minutes. If I continue somewhere in the 15-20 minute range the fps will drop so much that the game is unplayable.
    Any Troubleshooting Steps taken to attempt to resolve the issue (ie: Battery settings), and result: I've contacted support. I'm 4 or 5 emails into my case. Each time response is from a different person. Half are dismissive and uninterested even trying to help. Others are nice, but offer only basic troubleshooting steps that have already been performed. Overheating does not occur with any other games I play on my phone. Support doesn't seem to think this is an issue.

I'm really enjoying the game, but it's basically unplayable at the moment. Kabam games require hours and hours of grinding. I've spent money already, but can't really take advantage. Support refuses to compensate, so I'm sure I'll be forced to report this to Apple soon.

Some sort of acknowledgement that the team is working on the issue and a small compensation package to make up for all the lost raids/arena battles caused by this issue would go a long way.
    yah, everyone playing on iphones experience the same heat issue, it's not specific to a device. There is nothing support can do to help resolve this issue, it's not a bug, it's just bad performance since graphics are too high. They know but seems like they can't be bothered to address this until our phones blow up like note 7.

Better to report this to Apple directly.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442

Device:
    OS Version:

iPhone 6
    iOS 10.3.2
    Version 1.0.2

The game runs terribly. It's literally unplayable at times. Constantly heating up and terrible lagging. And the crashing.... All. The. Time. Today I had the app crash 3 times in a period of less than 5 minutes.

Sometimes after restarting app after crashing, touch screen 'controls' will be unresponsive and slow. This is really frustrating in battle.

Then the phone heats up, and the cycle repeats.

Basically, the game is unplayable for longer than a few minutes running on battery power. Playing the game with the phone plugged only offers slight improvements.

These problems have gotten worse since beta launch.
    I've never had an app run so poorly.

I do apologize if this post is a little rude, but I am a little irked at this point since I have dumped money into your game. I never put money into freemium apps (let alone complain about them), but I did for yours because I've been enjoying the game (when it works) since beta. However, I will not even consider paying for anything in the app again until these issues are ironed out.

Thank you

I wonder how long it'll take them to respond/address this issue.

I don't know about android but Kabam, come on, you know this affects all iphone users. Can't keep ignoring us.
    @Kabam Miike any update on this issue?
  • Not yet, but we are still working on it. This is not a simple fix and is a big update that requires a lot of work. The team is working on optimizing the game further and further for all devices, and as we do this, we'll be able to remedy this situation more and more. I've reached out to the team to see if we have any more information.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I was experiencing this, but now seem not to be, or at least not nearly as much. Right now, it's a little warm, but only a bit more than normal. A few days ago it ran hot. Was something changed?

Device: iphone7
    OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
    Version of the game (ie: 1.0.0, 1.0.1, etc): 802810?
    Length of play time before heat becomes an issue: not long but I didn't time it.
    - close all other apps
    - play with minimal screen brightness
    - only play over wifi, not direct phone network
    - never use speakers. Earphones or nothing