Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3 Star Rank four vs 4 Star Rank two

Considering the majority of players don't dish out T3 Basic and alpha sparks constantly, most 4 star bots reach rank two. This actually puts them really close in rating with a max level 3 star bot. They do differ in stats though. 4 star bots have more HP, attack and better synergy boosts at rank two. Rank four 3 star bots have more developed traits and a significantly higher chance of having signature abilities.

So here's the question. Which do you consider more effective and in what circumstances? These include solo missions, raids and arenas.

3 star, rank 4. Level 5 signature ability
or 4 star, rank 2. No ability?

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    As you said, it's situational. You're gonna learn with experience which ones you can utilize, and it differs depending on your personal play style and habits.

For certain opponents you're gonna want the higher Sig level, and better abilities from the 3* bot.

In other situations, you're gonna want the higher base stats from the 4* bot.

What you'll also notice is 4* bots are a little more resistant to certain debuffs than their 3* counterparts (Crit reduction, defensive DoT and a couple others). This is also something to consider.
  • @Manthro

I hadn't noticed a resistance. Hadn't actually looked either, so I'll be sure to do so next time around.

The most common occasion where I prefer a 3 star is when their abilities run on a percent chance that upgrades with rank.
  • 4 star is preferable because you can rank and level up them further as there are more chances for t3 basic sparks now and it will help you in harder missions
    edited September 2017
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    @Manthro

I hadn't noticed a resistance. Hadn't actually looked either, so I'll be sure to do so next time around.

The most common occasion where I prefer a 3 star is when their abilities run on a percent chance that upgrades with rank.

What I mean by resistance is that debuffs don't seem to trigger as often against 4* bots..

But, where the base stats help is definitely against bots with defensive DoT like BC and rhinox. Because you have more life, you can absorb that damage a little better and still be in good shape.

Debuffs which reduce armor or attack rating are also not as noticable against 4* bots because they have higher armor and attack rating to begin with. So, you take less damage on armor debuffs, have more HP, and hit harder even when your attack is reduced.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    you're comparing it wrongly.. should compare 3* rank 4 to that of a 4* rank 3.. 4* rank 3 is definitely better even when unduped.
  • @Davien

You basically just explained why I DIDN'T compare them the way you suggested. The point was to compare the two when they are at their most likely and most equal in bot rating. Rank three 4 star bots are clearly not equal in rating. Everyone knows 4 star bots are stronger in the long run, but it takes longer to get them there. This is about when the two meet similar ratings and how they differ despite that similarity.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone have a rough idea about the upgrading resources required for a 4/4 and a 2/5? Especially the ore-13 and gold. It seems that a 2/5 requires less of those but how much less comparing to a 4/4?
    edited September 2017
    2/5 4* requires far less resources than a 4/4 3*.

That much I do know
  • The 3* is much superior, each time a bot is ranked base crit goes up along with abilities, so.... it's like trading a little more hp for less of everything else if you went with 4* rank 2. Plus, you can max all of your 3*s and use the 4*s for sandbagging/mission fodder while you wait to dupe/get t4b. Even given the extra points in areana for using a 4*, I would rather have a given amount of sandbaggers. I wouldn't even bother levelling a 4* in the first place unless it is duped (they are more useful to me as a sandbagger), and even then they are probably a smidge worse until r3. I could see a case for like... levelling a tanky 4* bot for defense specifically, no way they are better for actual use though. Once duped and you have a t3b, THEN level the guy.