Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

obtaining Alpha Essences

I don't think the game has a method of obtaining Alpha Essences that reflects their essential nature in the upgrading of higher-star bots.

Obtaining it with Raid Chips is impossible to do in one go by anyone who doesn't already have a trio of 4-star bots, and maybe even then... Most people will require at least 4 runs, but that's only if they don't lose any in the meantime. Unless you've got the energon for a Shield, you'll lose at least half your chips before you can raid again.

I'm aware you can obtain Essences in an Alliance Mission, but you need a strong, coordinated alliance for that, and that's no guarantee in this game.

Both above methods are adequate if you want to get something optional, like the Mods and Relic in the Raid Store. Get it if you can, congratulations if you manage it, but players shouldn't be required to do that for an essential part of advancing in the game.

Personally I think adding them to the Spark Trials is the best way to go. Make it take longer than it would getting Raid Chips, but not something that can be stolen by a hundred players. Slow & steady vs. fast & risky, you know?

Comments

• Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    First let me tell you this whole thing is false. People in my alliance have grinded full alpha sparks from raiding alone. Second you can also obtain alpha essence from alliance mission. Third 3* are more useful than 4* right now
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    And even further you aren't supposed to be able to get alpha sparks easy or quick, or even rigntnnow. The game just started for most players so it will be a while before they are got.
  • Options
    The state of the beta doesn't apply to the game now. Yes you could grind essences from raiding, so could I. But it had to get done over the weekend and thank goodness I don't have kids, because I had to raid the SECOND I was able or that would be 2k chips gone to someone else. If I didn't get enough before the weekend was over then those chips were gone because I had to go back to work. Now beta is over, and instead of 10k players there'll be 300k or more by next week. How many people will be raiding then? How long will you be able to hold on to any chips when your raid is done? A few seconds if you're lucky. I think the whole raiding system is faulty, but that's another discussion.

As for the Alliance Mission, again, beta. Not many people, most want to participate, active people join together. Now there's no beta. More than a hundred times more people so it's MUCH harder to find an alliance that gets to the point where essences can be won.

Again, both systems are great for items that are powerful but optional. Not so great for necessities.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    We can hope for some alternatives but as amano pointed out progression isn't suppose to be easy on these kinds of games they will release more and more ranking materials as we go if they allowed us easy access to ranking materials we would all have r5 x4* and be able to sleep through current content, profession is linked with the current content and as difficulties increase ect they will make them more accessible.
    as well we can all hope they add in special events ect ways to win some these items.

Lastly raid system has some issues yes and I'm sure some more tweaking will be done but as you get stronger bases get stronger and worth more chips so getting said items becomes easier and yes we will always be getting raided it's part of the system if they didn't have necessary items in raid shop I'm quite sure some people would never even take part. Currently you can get 5-8000 raid chips per run on average on top end bases so in 3 runs you can clear an alpha essence, so guys are getting 3-5 a day. But the the amount needed for a single one is a bit high I will agree.

In the end games like this are not designed for a casual player to be a top account or top alliance or best bots ranked ect.