Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Version 4.0 Discussion Thread

Commanders!

Transformers: Forged to Fight v4.0 is expected to release on October 18th! New Masteries are coming! Act 3 Chapter 3 will be Unlocked! And introducing Awakending Programs and Signature Upgrades! Find out everything you need know about the new release here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/15987/#Comment_15987

Comments

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    - Crashing during loading into Raids or Mission fights will no longer apply a health penalty

What about if the game crashes mid-fight, or right at the end? Will the Health Penalty still be in place for those situations?
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Is it safe to play on iPhone 8 yet? Like do you actually see the bots?
  • edited October 2017
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    - Crashing during loading into Raids or Mission fights will no longer apply a health penalty

What about if the game crashes mid-fight, or right at the end? Will the Health Penalty still be in place for those situations?

The Health penalty does still take effect when there is a disconnect in the middle of a fight, or at the end. We're hoping that in the future we will be able to differentiate between a Forced disconnect, or a crash, but unfortunately at this time, this is not a possibility.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah it's great to see new stuff being added and everything, but the crashes/bugs/lag should be taking top priority right now.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    edited October 2017
    Hi Mike,

I won't ask about the level limit being raised again with this v4 update but if you want to ask the team...ok the real reason for my post:

"Awakening Programs have been added, providing a way to activate a Bot signature ability without duplicating it."

Is this a "one time" type of awakening where like a health or damage boost it only lasts for so long? Or once you activate it, it's permanent in all game modes?
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Pretty sure this will be like MCOC and be permanent. But don't get your hopes up much, 4* awakening programs will be super rare/expensive.

But sound good, looking forward to the next chapter in the story.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Can we sell our T1 Alphas now? Mine keep expiring.
  • Odie21 wrote: »
    Hi Mike,

I won't ask about the level limit being raised again with this v4 update but if you want to ask the team...ok the real reason for my post:

"Awakening Programs have been added, providing a way to activate a Bot signature ability without duplicating it."

Is this a "one time" type of awakening where like a health or damage boost it only lasts for so long? Or once you activate it, it's permanent in all game modes?

It is permanent! Instead of Duplicating a certain bot, you can use an Awakening Program to activate their Signature Ability permanently.
  • ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Will there be forge stones added? That would be awesome. Like one stone could add + 5 or +10 levels of forge to a specific class bot, or generic.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Hi Mike,

It is permanent! Instead of Duplicating a certain bot, you can use an Awakening Program to activate their Signature Ability permanently.

Can you use the the awakening program to raise the already awakened ability? If so can you use it on a bot that is already at max signature? Asking for a friend
  • edited October 2017
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Hi Mike,

Can you use the the awakening program to raise the already awakened ability? If so can you use it on a bot that is already at max signature? Asking for a friend

No, Awakening Programs are only for Bots that aren't already awakened. If they are awakened, they won't show up as possible targets when using the item from the inventory.

To answer your second question, you are not able to use Signature Upgrade items on a Bot that already has their signature ability at max.

• Toughnut wrote: »
    Will there be forge stones added? That would be awesome. Like one stone could add + 5 or +10 levels of forge to a specific class bot, or generic.

I don't really care about a forge adder so much as a forge 100 max unlocker, being as there are so many one off two stars you have to be either supremely patient and forge the 3*, then the 2* or you can never max forge the 3*. Granted if I am too patient then I probably wouldn't care if I could completely max all 3*s one day (when I cease to care about max 3*s), but still.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited October 2017
    Probably not
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I have a question or concern about MV1 Optimus Prime and the Double Edge mastery. Mastery effects seem to refresh when nullified like how Starscream can keep nullifying the Courage effect over and over. If MVI Prime enters a raid fight against a Harm Accelerator mod, which bleed effect stacks first? Would he even be able to continuously nullify the mastery bleed stack for infinite S3 specials? I love this character's efficiency in raids, but this would certainly be too much.

I'm interested to see if anyone will be maxing out Willpower, Double Edge, and Bleed Resistance for an absurdly overpowered mastery system. Another MV1 Prime question. What exactly does it mean when it says Willpower mastery doesn't stack with other abilities? Does it simply mean Prime's Willpower and the mastery calculate separately instead of adding to his existing percentage?

I'm looking forward to see the exact stats on Inhibitor. Might give Shockwave and Soundwave a nice edge in battle for their numerous shock debuffs. The other defensive masteries don't look that fantastic yet, but the percentage of resistance may change my mind.
  • edited October 2017
    Toughnut wrote: »
    I don't really care about a forge adder so much as a forge 100 max unlocker, being as there are so many one off two stars you have to be either supremely patient and forge the 3*, then the 2* or you can never max forge the 3*. Granted if I am too patient then I probably wouldn't care if I could completely max all 3*s one day (when I cease to care about max 3*s), but still.

Forge items (XP and unlockers) aren't something we're working on right now, but it's an area we'd like to explore more in the future! We like that Forge Level can only be increased through Forging, but more ways to increase and unlock Forge Levels could be interesting. We're starting with the Signature/Awakening items and will see where that leads. :)
    xJamesss wrote: »
    will we get more commander levels, we are waiting for them for a while now

We won't be lifting the level cap with 4.0.
  • Dircules wrote: »

Yes, this should be fixed in the 4.0 update.
  • Jay32 wrote: »
    Can we sell our T1 Alphas now? Mine keep expiring.

Soon! This is something we're moving forward with but I don't have an exact date or sell value for you. Selling T1A won't be there immediately with the 4.0 update, but we're working on it.
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    Dircules wrote: »

This!
    @Kabam Miike
    This is by far the biggest issue that needs resolution and/or some status update. You guys are pushing out great content but we are unable to play and enjoy it on our new phones! Additionally, please realize with the daily arena change and the AM shift to the work day, there is a greater demand to play on our phones...
  • edited October 2017
    sc00b3 wrote: »

This!
    @Kabam Miike
    This is by far the biggest issue that needs resolution and/or some status update. You guys are pushing out great content but we are unable to play and enjoy it on our new phones! Additionally, please realize with the daily arena change and the AM shift to the work day, there is a greater demand to play on our phones...

This should be fixed in 4.0, with further optimizations for this device planned for the update that'll follow 4.0. We're spending a lot of time on optimizations and bugfixes alongside the great content that the content team is providing

Can you please confirm back here once you've updated on the 18th that it's working?
  • NerguryNergury Posts: 22
    Can the excess Galv chips be used or exchanged?
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    - Fixed an issue that caused extra Bots to appear in combat.

Oh no... Kabam killed all my spectators... now where can I get the cheers?!

On a more serious note, I really hope when you say iPhone8, you actually meant iOS11 in general. I had upgraded my iPhone 6S to iOS11 and the heat is really becoming unbearable and the crashes and lags become a daily event.

If you can also work on reducing the game’s drain on CPU it would be great too, especially during apparent idle times (e.g. static screen in between fights).
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2017
    Enemies suffering Stun trigger fewer abilities and Repair less Health
    -- applies during the stun, or for the rest of the fight?

Inhibitor: Enemies suffering from Shock or Stun generate less Power
    -- this seems to be an offensive mastery, like Suppression, as it deals with enemy side.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    So that awakening program is it a item or a quest where we can get item for awakening bot?in simple word is that awakening program same as mcoc awakening gem or different thing that we can get that from a quest because program word confusing me it pointing to be a quest?
    Can we get brief explanation on that thing?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    And does awaken only activate the Sig, but spare the other benefits in duping, like health/attack boost?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    And does awaken only activate the Sig, but spare the other benefits in duping, like health/attack boost?

Awakening gives no stat boost just pi jumps and allows use of sig
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Enemies suffering Stun trigger fewer abilities and Repair less Health

-- this seems to be an offensive mastery, like Suppression, as it deals with enemy side.

This only effects enemies while stunned or shocked
  • NICE! I'm glad to see this I can't count the number of times I've gotten different HP numbers when I've looked at my bots. Typically a restart will fix it but I've had times where I had to switch devices, to get it to display correctly.
    Improvements & Fixes
    - Bot statistics that increase from Upgrading and Forging are showcased more clearly
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    edited October 2017
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    sc00b3 wrote: »

This!
    @Kabam Miike

This should be fixed in 4.0, with further optimizations for this device planned for the update that'll follow 4.0. We're spending a lot of time on optimizations and bugfixes alongside the great content that the content team is providing

Can you please confirm back here once you've updated on the 18th that it's working?

That is fantastic news! Yes I will!
  • @Kabam Miike the problem of random shut down on samsung s8+ is fixed because actually is impossible playing at this game
  • Enemies suffering Stun trigger fewer abilities and Repair less Health

It is for the duration of the Stun!So for example, let's say you're using Ramjet and hit Ratchet with an SP3 that triggers his Emergency Repair and causes a fairly long Stun, he won't regen as much health. But as soon as that Stun is over, he'll be back to Regenerating his normal amount of health.

Inhibitor could probably be seen as either Offensive, or Defensive, but I personally think it makes a little more sense in Defensive, because it's mitigating their chance to attack you with a Special.