Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Star Seeker - The maths behind the 3000 energons

2»

Comments

• m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Kinda throws a monkey wrench in the whole "hit equivalency" calculation...but in a good way
  • Totherkins wrote: »
    From when I tested it....

IIRC, Starseeker was bugged at launch, so any tessting you may have done before it got correected may no longer be valid.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    maybe some devs can help to clear this up? give us all a solid answer as to how the maths behind starseeker applies?

I do notice when I remove it it does significantly reduce my damage when getting combos. So yea might invest more points in it in future.. right now planning to stick with 2/5
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    1/5 is unavoidable to get Glass Cannon, so that's where it can stay
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited October 2017
    KingOfPain wrote: »
    Totherkins wrote: »
    From when I tested it....

IIRC, Starseeker was bugged at launch, so any tessting you may have done before it got correected may no longer be valid.

Was bugged after launch like a week or so after. Which is weird...i know
  • Awesome work! This should be pinned to the front page imo
  • Biomechron wrote: »
    Awesome work! This should be pinned to the front page imo

Not so sure about that. I think both mine and the original aren't true representations of how SS works. They're still useful benchmarks though
  • Sorry for necroing an old thread, but figured I’d probably be redirected here. I’m going to invest in glass cannon but got a question about star seeker since it’s on the way.

What is the general review of star seeker, is it worth maxing out? I’m seeing varying opinions in this thread but would like to hear if any out there have it maxed and see much benefit for the investment.

In no ninja, I do get hit occasionally but can easily run up a high combo count. I get it’s more rok/rotk useful but as an everyday mastery, is it really worth all that energon?
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Star Seekers usefulness is directly connected to the player. If you can consistently get to a combo of 30-50+, then it would probably be worth it. However if getting to that level is rare, then it becomes less and less useful.

Also, Star Seeker really shines in looooong fights. Ive been playing for a while now, and there are no storyline fights that are long enough to make this a worthwhile investment. Spotlight event quests might have some fights in the last chapter of Master that could benefit, but not many.

As you already pointed out, SS works the best in places like ROK, or even in high-level AM (like say 30+ mini and main boss fights). So if thats the flavor of your game, its worth investing in. Anything less than that, I would think there are other skills you could invest in which would benefit you more, on a more regular basis.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Glass Cannon will be a better investment.
  • @Stitch626 I’m not into high level AM, just haven’t got the time for the effort to make a good contribution, so my level there is quite casual. I’ve never really had a go at rok but I’m getting to the point where it’s the next step up before going for full master spotlight (currently I’m only really able to fully explore ch1 master. Expert and running the lower difficulty’s on auto for the energon is more my thing.)

@Synthwave glass cannon will be getting maxed anyway, but since star seeker is necessary for glass cannon, I wondered if that was worth maxing as well.

There’s few common instances where I can’t keep a good combo going (MM, evade mods). I’m going to see how high a combo I can run up on expert Megatron (wheeljack’s evade mod will make it harder to gauge) and see if SS could maybe make much of a difference.
  • @Stitch626 I’m not into high level AM, just haven’t got the time for the effort to make a good contribution, so my level there is quite casual. I’ve never really had a go at rok but I’m getting to the point where it’s the next step up before going for full master spotlight (currently I’m only really able to fully explore ch1 master. Expert and running the lower difficulty’s on auto for the energon is more my thing.)

@Synthwave glass cannon will be getting maxed anyway, but since star seeker is necessary for glass cannon, I wondered if that was worth maxing as well.

There’s few common instances where I can’t keep a good combo going (MM, evade mods). I’m going to see how high a combo I can run up on expert Megatron (wheeljack’s evade mod will make it harder to gauge) and see if SS could maybe make much of a difference.
    One point in star seeker is fine. It’s not worth maxing out.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Kabam needs to either shift the growth more towards a linear scale, or lower the hell out of the energon cost. 3k+ cubes for a few % gain is ****.