Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Screen keeps displaying “loading” while fight goes on

Hi

I have had this happen twice now. The screen responds to everything as if the match was being displayed on the screen, but it only displays the loading screen. Can hear sound effects and everything, play, pause, turn auto fight on and off, etc.

Here is what I can tell you
iPad with iOS 11
Both times in the daily missions, on the white one (for t2 basic sparks)
Left (easy) path I think and both times within the last two enemies to defeat on the path
Auto fight was turned on going into the match
When the fight is over I can navigate around and even back to the home base screen (know the sounds and button placements) but the only way to get them off the screen is to force close and reset the game.

Has anybody else seen this?
Tagged:

Comments

• redshift9redshift9 Posts: 87
    edited October 2017
    I haven’t run into this problem (yet) in the most recent version, but it happened to me frequently in the previous release, EXACTLY the way you’re describing it. I had really hoped yesterday’s update had squashed this particular bug. It’s incredibly annoying.

I got in the habit of swiping right like a madman during fights, then force quitting when the fight was over. Auto fight didn’t seem to affect the bug’s appearance. The bug would present itself during daily, spotlight, and story missions, but at least it didn’t show up during raids or arena (for me, anyway. YMMV). I didn’t try to navigate anywhere.

You have my sympathies!
  • Yup. Used to happen constantly before this update. I reported it numerous times. I was hoping it would have been corrected with this update. But, nope. It’s still occurring.
  • Aaaaaaand I just encountered the bug in alliance missions for the first time. To say I’m unhappy would be an extreme understatement.

I’m going to stop typing now before I get myself banned.
  • edited October 2017
    Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry y'all are running into this. Can I get some screenshots of this, please? It'll be super beneficial in bringing this to the team.

@Beerguzzler I'm sorry that you're still facing this problem. We certainly don't want this hindering anyone.

Make sure too, that everyone is updated to 4.0 -- this issue should have been addressed in the update.
  • Hey everyone,

I'm really sorry y'all are running into this. Can I get some screenshots of this, please? It'll be super beneficial in bringing this to the team.

@Beerguzzler I'm sorry that you're still facing this problem. We certainly don't want this hindering anyone.

Make sure too, that everyone is updated to 4.0 -- this issue should have been addressed in the update.

Thanks for responding.
    As of today, I’ve experienced this problem on the story mission, act 3 and the daily missions, easy, med, and tech class. At this point, the alliance mission has been running smoothly (thankfully!) I’ve tried various class bots too, and the problem still occurs. I am using an iPad iOS 11.0.1 but several members in my alliance are experiencing the same problem, and they are using different devices. I have submitted crash reports regarding this issue. There are no error messages, just a freeze on the load screen. The battle action commences, but I am unable to see the battle or engage in it. Force quitting is the option. Fortunately, since the health penalty has been suspended, resources aren’t being wasted.
    a5fsqwrmlscg.png
    Thank you again for your attention, it’s very appreciated.
  • Yeah, thanks, Vydious!
  • Thanks for the information! I'm happy to look into this. Can you tell me if you've updated to 4.0?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah happening on the iPad Mini with iOS 11 here too.
  • Yes, this was happening prior to the update, and is happening with this update(4.0)
  • Yes, I’ve updated to 4.0. This was also an issue for me in the previous version. I’m on an iPad running iOS 11.0.3
  • And now it’s happening in the alliance mission.
  • Another one here, also iPad running 11.0.3. Would happen in alliance, arena and spotlight missions for me on the previous version. After updating today it still happens, and if anything seems to be happening more often. I can't even enter a fight in any of these modes currently, and I haven't tried story or raids as I'm already fed up.

I put in support tickets and filled out the support forms on this issue already. If it's not solved soon I'm done.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    I've been having this in am but I am receiving the health penalty. Actually, I'm most commonly seeing the game just crash and go blank at the loading screen rather than the fight continuing while stuck at the loading screen. Nexus 6 Android 7.1.1
  • SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    My game keeps freezing too. I try to join a raid and it asks if i want to join. I press the begin raid thing but the screen just stays the same.
    edited October 2017
    also im updated to 4.0 and the new load screen is really cool
    edited October 2017
    Also it happens in the ams. I try joining the fight and after i click fight it just freezes in this screen- yk887k3qawpp.png
    It stays like that for awhile
  • CringeCringe Posts: 26
    This is EXACTLY what happens to my iPad Air 1 iOS 11.0.3

It’s happened countless times now.
  • Same here. I don’t even bother fighting anymore.

Any level or mode I play I’ll get to a certain point on the map that will only load and stay stuck on the screen as the fight carries on in the background. Every time I try it gets stuck at that same level although I can replay the fights leading up to it.

Both iOS and the game are fully updated.

I was hoping the recent update would fix it, but alas it’s still doing it.....there must be a way to fix this if it’s not everyone who is experiencing this.
  • JayKerluck wrote: »
    I don’t even bother fighting anymore.

Until they fix it, just fight blind when you can. Even though you can’t see what’s going on, swipe right as quickly as possible. Sure, it sucks not being able to block effectively or use specials, and you’ll lose more health than normal, but it’s better than nothing.

Having said that, they need to fix this, and soon. People are running out of patience.
  • CringeCringe Posts: 26
    This happens in all game modes for me, the occurrence is totally random.
  • Hey again!

Thanks for the information, everyone. I've passed this along to our teams to get it looked into. I'm really sorry that it's still an issue for many of you. :(
  • Hi. Using ipad mini3.
    App ver 4
    The "loading screen" seems to always happen during Code of Hero: the second mission/act where u encounter dinobot the first time. Every fight is like this. Its exhausting. Good thing my bots are strong enough for auto-fights. But i gotta restart the game after EVERY FIGHT!
    Seems like the touch function works. Just we can't see it. For The other matches, this rarely happens but occasionally do.
  • Well, I'm not sure how I missed this thread, or why none of the mods in here offered any solutions, as this issue has been around for some time and is well documented in other threads.

The "solution" is to revert back to iOS 10.3.3. this solves the issue with being stuck at a loading screen while the fight starts. Kabam has not offered any timeframe on when they expect to fix this.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've had this happen on the loading as well as the pause screen
  • I am using iPad Air 1 iOS 11.1.2 & updated to 4.0. Any fight mode when I start to fight, the game will only load. The game will stuck on the load screen as the fight carries on in the background. This is very frustrating as I can no long progress in this game as I cannot fight.

Has anyone successfully revert back to iOS 10.3.3 recently?
  • Genesis wrote: »

Has anyone successfully revert back to iOS 10.3.3 recently?
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    The "solution" is to revert back to iOS 10.3.3. this solves the issue with being stuck at a loading screen while the fight starts. Kabam has not offered any timeframe on when they expect to fix this.

• Hey y'all -

Thanks for the heads up on this one still being an issue. I'm passing along device information to our team and appreciate any more you can give. :)
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Im guessing this specific issue has not been resolved yet and I should continue to use iOS 10.3.3? Or can I finally upgrade my device to 11.0 without this issue popping up?
  • We’ve been patient. We’ve been polite. We’ve been impatient and obnoxious, too. Nothing seems to get the point across. Writing this post is probably a waste of time, but here goes.

I just fought four battles in a row that were ALL hidden by the loading screen, and I fully expect the next several to be blocked, too. Thank god for auto battle.

We don’t want any more excuses, delays, or empty promises. Stalling by asking for more information won’t work anymore. Frustrated players have provided version numbers, detailed descriptions, and even video.

This has been a known issue for months. Months. JUST FIX IT.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited December 2017
    This bug hit my iPad recently. I get it in raids. So I have to turn on the volume to hear if fighting has started. I usually play with sound off so the first few times I was like why is it taking so long to load, then when I restarted, I see my bot KOed. I think it may have happened in spotlight mission as well. I usually autorun easy to hard and few times the screen appeared stuck in loading page, but when I restarted, I don’t see the enemy bot anymore and can move on. So I assume autorun took care of the enemy bot.