Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Can we please have the old arena model back?

Until someone acknowledges up I'm going to keep asking. Please put the old model back. You are KNOWINGLY taking things from players and tying our hands when it comes to making gold. I think Kabam makes good money but it's like you guys aren't even trying to conceal the greed and lack of concern these days...so much so that in one of my last support tickets I got an automated response thanking me for playing Marvel Contest of Champions.
Tagged:

Comments

• unicron21unicron21 Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    I also want the old system back(3-10%, etc) for crystal bounty.

I do like most things about the update because they added things like expert, t3b arena etc but they also nerfed gold and energon hard by taking away arena chip crystals and milestones from arenas that gave energon, pb shards etc(the new arena crystals that you get from rank rewards have far less energon and gold per average crystal from what ive noticed)

Also they nerfed the 4* shards. Originally I thought it was a massive nerf but then a discussion with a fellow poster made me realize that it wasn't quite as bad. However after that discussion I remembered just how much 4* shards you could get from the old featured/basic arena rank rewards.

Comparing 4* shards before update to after update
    Before
    1st tier prizes for feature/basic arena rank rewards
    They included a fully formed 4* from rank rewards, in addition to that there were 2 featured or basic arenas every WEEK so you could get the bot and dupe the bot as well which is important. So in conclusion you could get 4 fully formed 4* a month for top tier featured bot/basic bot arenas

After
    1st tier prizes for the new featured bot arena gives featured bot chips to help form a 4* bot once a MONTH that you can only get once and cant dupe.
    Advantage: Before(huge difference)
    Next thing is 2nd tier feature/basic arena rank rewards
    Before
    Featured arena got 1000 4* shards and basic arena got 750 4* shards

After
    2nd tier gives small amount of featured bot chips
    Advantage: Before(huge advantage)
    Raid store
    Before none were available

After, 500 4* shards available
    Advantage: After(however I think this was put in place to make up for the massive nerf to 4* shards in two topics above, I would suggest increasing this number)
    Crystal bounty once every two weeks
    Before
    Got 1000 4* shards for around 600k points and another 200 or so from rank rewards=1200 total

After
    If you were to put up 600k in crystal bounty a couple of days ago when they had 3-10%, etc you would get 450 or 650 4* shards if you do that over all 3 days = 1350-1950 total
    Advantage: After*(although you would have to put up 600k each day for all 3 days in 24hrs while old crystal bounty gave 2 days so old one had much more convenience

* But now 2 days ago they decided to nerf the cb rank rewards by splitting up brackets even more so now cb is either equal with the old cb or worse

Spotlight missions
    Before
    Had the 1000 4* shards for hard

After
    Had the 1000 4* shards for hard as well as crystal for expert
    Advantage: After(even though most players wont even get that crystal and it has a low chance to be a 4* its still a nice addition, I'm ok with the shards here although if kabam wants to add more 4* shards for completing hard I wont complain)
    AE events
    Before
    Got 250* 4 shards every week from 5 day event

After
    They offer event every two weeks that give 300 4* shards and then proceed to make them impossible to achieve like taking blitzes away, etc. So basically afterwards ae events rewards 0 4* shards
    Advantage:Before(if they make the new ae events final milestone easier to achieve then this will change and make it weekly at 300 shards like old ae event or biweekly like it is now but double the shards to 600)

I think that is all the places to get 4* shards. In conclusion we are losing big time on 4* shards imo especially when it comes to the old featured 1st and 2nd tier prizes and to a lesser degree the ae events.

Please do something to buff 4* shards whether it be adding more to raid store or to hard spotlight or adding 4* milestone to featured bot chip arena. Feel free to comment/debate fellow posters if you want but in my opinion 4* shards, gold, and energon should get a buff

• WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    The old system of rewards but keep the one day arenas.
  • Yep the one day arenas are good just need a few tweaks like going back to previous crystal bounty rank rewards brackets(3-10%) and/or adding 4* shards to crystal bounty milestones or featured bot chip arena milestones etc
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Unicron that was an excellent post. It's good to see someone keep up like that.
  • Hey everyone!

Thanks for dropping by with all this feedback. I'm sorry that there has been frustration towards the arenas as of late, but I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It's important for us to hear what all of you think about it and I'll be sure that the rest of the team sees this too.

@DrShotgun I apologize entirely for your experience with support. By no means do we wish to do wrong by you or any other player when contacting our Suppor Team. I'll speak to someone about that as well.
    I hope that means that you are sincerely addressing the issue and not just crumbling up the suggestions and filing them in the noted bin. I'm not sure why you guys have started taking away prizes, whether it's for money or game longevity, but even if a player collects every single four star bought, the duplicates are more valuable to me than a brand new bot. You guys have figured out a very good way to handle crystals and we appreciate that, Crystal's alone is why I abandoned my Earth Wars account. I certainly hope that you listen to The Players better than space 8 does because their game is tanking fast
  • I love the one day arenas. That’s probably my favorite change.
    The one day thing is fine but bring back the milestones. We're doing the same amount of grinding for mess reward, and once again, the top players advance while the lower ones fall further and further behind. Milestones affect everyone..from #1 to the very bottom player.