Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Galvatron Chips Arena before end of the month?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited October 2017
    @Terminal Before .... they gave out 10 4* and 100 3* feature bots for people who put up incredible amounts of time in the arena. Or 40/400 if you want to do it x4 for a 4-week cycle.

How many more people have had the opportunity to this rewards now? How can you not see that it's massively more available to a huge number of people? And you don't even compete against others for it like previous arena! You realize this is a game of progression right? You can't just drop the bar so low that everyone, or 50%+, has access to the top end goodies (which is what 4*s still are).

I understand it sucks if you end up at 90k chips. How it can be demotivating to see if you're only at 30k after half a month. But ... I think that's just people being greedy :/ Is next point of discussion that RoK is too hard for 99%? It's content that's right there right? Why can't more people enjoy the rewards? Put more time in, hone your skills, improve your bots, and maybe a little micro payment here and there to gain an edge. And if that's not happening fast enough to your liking because you have a life, family, hobbies, good for you! But please manage your expectations ...

And most importantly, don't forget to enjoy the game. It's a fun game with an interesting story featuring the coolest toys ever made by mankind. Don't stare blindly at what's out of reach, enjoy what's there. The grass really isn't that much greener on this side of the fence, if at all.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited October 2017
    What people don't understand is the value of a 4star, let alone a featured 4 star that can be given away for free via this event. You need to grind for that, and kabaam has made it accessible for everyone to obtain via many avenues. That is the one thing I will praise kabaam for. The bottom line is, you need to work for it, as a result, you should not act so entitled for a free featured 4star bot.

I also hold a full time job, I also study for school, yet I was able to amass 95k. By the standards of those who complain, this should not be possible. Yet here I am. I'm not the only one who's able to do this, there are many like me.

So stop your bullshit, and get on the gravy train if you want the 4star so bad.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Totherkins wrote: »
    I didn't put in any effort in galvatron arenas or raid and still have 50k chips leftover.

But but but your the 1% club

Unsure why you'd be facetious, it's actually true. He also has a 4* rank 5, just like you. You're the highest players in the game... You're just reinforcing my point by mocking me. Also, further reinforcing you don't know the reality.. saying down to diff 40.. that's not low and that's not the majority. Remember their post about making diff 15 free because people weren't pushing? Nothing changed, you'd still get top 200 from diff 15, instead of diff 5 or whatever it was.

Anyway, about your comments before that...

You can argue about the exact percentage if you want, but you're missing my point that it's not intended for the majority to get it. I think we would all agree on that fact. Pick whatever percent you want. What percentage do you think it's for? 5-10% is not far fetched. Maybe 20% at a stretch? Feel confident saying 30%? I don't. Why did I pick 5%? It's based on the arena rank rewards, makes it pretty clear. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it doesn't matter, I'm perfectly happy with whatever percent the 4* is aimed at. But what matters to me is what's in the game for the people it's not intended for, what happens to their chips and what reason do they have to play each month? 90,000 chips is a big gap in rewards equalling a lot of play and ranking or crystals. If someone has like 20,000 chips then there's nothing for them for the rest of the month. No incentive or motivation. They're just earning something completely useless.

Of course, if we knew what they convert to, that might change everything.

I want the game to grow, we all should. Only viewing things from the top is not helpful.

Also, people talking about how many chips they have with high chip counts, have you actually counted how many were from dupes? Do you know how many you can actually get from the game without dupes?. All that saved resource will be gone next month, it's not sustainable. It's fine as a one off, but it heavily skews the data and you're making it sound easier than it really is. It's a random variable, it's not like doing arena for chips etc.

Not everyone will get the 4*, the majority of players will not get the 4*. It's not meant to be obtained by the majority, because it's a 4*. So what about the rest of the players?

Something as simple as converting chips to knight crystal shards could fix the entire problem. Whatever it is, there needs to be something for those players.
  • Options
    that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited October 2017
    Not everyone will get the 4*, the majority of players will not get the 4*. It's not meant to be obtained by the majority, because it's a 4*. So what about the rest of the players?

What about them? They don't put the effort, and you want them to get something for doing nothing? You put the minimum effort you get a 3 star Galvatron. I'd say wouldn't that be more worth than spinning features crystals that cost energon?

Dude your a meme at this point, complaining about everything without making any compelling arguments, and if there is any, it's contradicting. I see your posts on the forums, and I wonder what is good ol' Terminal going on about now.

oldman.jpg
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    Terminal wrote: »
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Totherkins wrote: »
    I didn't put in any effort in galvatron arenas or raid and still have 50k chips leftover.

But but but your the 1% club

Unsure why you'd be facetious, it's actually true. He also has a 4* rank 5, just like you. You're the highest players in the game... You're just reinforcing my point by mocking me. Also, further reinforcing you don't know the reality.. saying down to diff 40.. that's not low and that's not the majority. Remember their post about making diff 15 free because people weren't pushing? Nothing changed, you'd still get top 200 from diff 15, instead of diff 5 or whatever it was.

Anyway, about your comments before that...

You can argue about the exact percentage if you want, but you're missing my point that it's not intended for the majority to get it. I think we would all agree on that fact. Pick whatever percent you want. What percentage do you think it's for? 5-10% is not far fetched. Maybe 20% at a stretch? Feel confident saying 30%? I don't. Why did I pick 5%? It's based on the arena rank rewards, makes it pretty clear. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it doesn't matter, I'm perfectly happy with whatever percent the 4* is aimed at. But what matters to me is what's in the game for the people it's not intended for, what happens to their chips and what reason do they have to play each month? 90,000 chips is a big gap in rewards equalling a lot of play and ranking or crystals. If someone has like 20,000 chips then there's nothing for them for the rest of the month. No incentive or motivation. They're just earning something completely useless.

Of course, if we knew what they convert to, that might change everything.

I want the game to grow, we all should. Only viewing things from the top is not helpful.

Also, people talking about how many chips they have with high chip counts, have you actually counted how many were from dupes? Do you know how many you can actually get from the game without dupes?. All that saved resource will be gone next month, it's not sustainable. It's fine as a one off, but it heavily skews the data and you're making it sound easier than it really is. It's a random variable, it's not like doing arena for chips etc.

Something as simple as converting chips to knight crystal shards could fix the entire problem. Whatever it is, there needs to be something for those players.

TL;DR

if you want people to pay attention to anything, don't write a dissertation every time you post.

Considering the recent move by kabam to convert all extra chips into PBC shards, I would assume they will do the same with Galvatron chips at end of month.

This would give players tons of PBC crystals to take another run at the feature bot, depending on how many excess Galvatron chips they ended up with, of course.
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    If the galv chips are traded for premium bot shards why do i still have all of them?
  • Options
    Steelbane wrote: »
    If the galv chips are traded for premium bot shards why do i still have all of them?

Because the event isn't over yet
  • Options
    And for those of you hilariously complaining about the difficulty of reaching the feature bot each month...Remember this...

Only five... FIVE players had the ability to earn the feature bot in the previous system. It was straight up hard capped and took tons of energon, there was no way to do it for free.

Now, every player can potentially earn the 4* bot. Kabam has provided complete access to the feature bot.

How can none of you see this? You can't have everything, everywhere instantaneously for minimal effort all the time.

You say that's not what you're asking for, but your words contradict your claims.
  • Options
    MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    @Manthro
    I got the point where I didn’t need to spend top5 by spending energon. I just had 15 3 and 4* teams I was strategic about with timing.

But I agree with most, If you don’t put in the time don’t expect the reward. Practice your skill and keep your streak up for the multiplier. On wins 13 to 15 I use all three star teams so it’s all about knowing how to bait/evade and matchups. Also sandbagging is a bad idea because you can screw yourself.

This is coming from a guy with a full time job and wife. Just practice and maximize your time. But most importantly have fun playing the game.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Manthro wrote: »
    And for those of you hilariously complaining about the difficulty of reaching the feature bot each month...Remember this...

Only five... FIVE players had the ability to earn the feature bot in the previous system. It was straight up hard capped and took tons of energon, there was no way to do it for free.

Now, every player can potentially earn the 4* bot. Kabam has provided complete access to the feature bot.

How can none of you see this? You can't have everything, everywhere instantaneously for minimal effort all the time.

You say that's not what you're asking for, but your words contradict your claims.

1. To be clear, none of my posts were complaining about the system or calling it unfair.
    2. How the old system function really has nothing to do with how easy or hard this new system is. Yes, the old system was hard capped at only allowing a specific number of people to get the bot and this new system opens that up a lot more. However, that does not take away from the fact that this new system involves a lot of work as well.
    3. The only thing I asked for, was to run arena and raid Galv Chip events at the same time during the last week of the event. That HARDLY sounds like im asking for any sort of handout or that im suggesting that minimal effort should be rewarded.

I get that you already got it, and dont want anyone else to have an easier time trying to get it than you did. Because then it devalues the work you did to get it. But you are really taking things all sorts of personally it seems. No one is asking for, or even came close to asking for "everything, everywhere instantaneously for minimal effort all the time". So im not sure where exactly that came from. To be honest, it seems like you just came in here to start an argument for really no reason.

This game has had some serious issues since release. Constant crashing for many. Laggy gameplay. Low player base. Changing of rewards for raids and arenas to make them pretty worthless to do outside of this event. Personally, I dont really think its asking a lot to have them run a couple of chip events at the same time at the end of the event to try and help as many people as possible get Galvatron as they can. The more people that get it, the better it is for the game in general as it will help build the player base. But, if they dont do it - its still better than the old system in that more people have access to getting the featured bot than before.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    I am with terminal. I’m only at 68k and I’m not sure if I’m going to make it. I’m not sure if I’m even gonna try next month. Cause I’m for sure not gonna make it this month with only 68k chips. There is no motive for me to even work hard now. We need to change this system ASAP and thing about the majority of the 85%. Don’t let them hate on your posts @Terminal
  • Options
    Lol @Toughnut !!!

If you're talking about your secondary account, sure... But we all know you had your Galvatron on day 3, hahahahaha!
  • Options
    Wow, this thread has taken quite a turn.

I'd like to apologize for my post due to how it was being perceived as that was not my intent.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited October 2017
    that1guy wrote: »

What about them? They don't put the effort, and you want them to get something for doing nothing? You put the minimum effort you get a 3 star Galvatron. I'd say wouldn't that be more worth than spinning features crystals that cost energon?

Dude your a meme at this point, complaining about everything without making any compelling arguments, and if there is any, it's contradicting. I see your posts on the forums, and I wonder what is good ol' Terminal going on about now.

No, I think I made it pretty clear I want them to get something for their efforts, not something for nothing. Like I said, shards fixes that problem. Also, 'what about them?' They're the majority. If they have a negative user experience and decide to quit because of it, this game is done.

With a gap of 90,000 chips there is a lot of space for people who put in more than 'minimum effort'.

It's great that the 4* is more accessible. It's obviously not meant for everyone nor for the majority or it wouldn't be 100k. The 3* is obviously meant for the vast majority, with minimal effort for the month because it's 10k...does anyone disagree that the people inbetween 10k and 100k will be larger than the group that hit 100k? There needs to be stuff in the middle for the bulk majority of average daily players. A 90k gap of nothing is too big.

The arguments are there and there's no contradictions. Also not sure how if that were true how I only manage to be compelling and contradicting at the same time, that's quite amazing. Unfortunately, for you to think so and even say what you've said just now means you've misunderstood what's been said. Feel free to list any contradiction you think you've seen and I'll happily explain to you what it actually means and clear your confusion, in a private message if you prefer.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    I’m done with playing content unless they raise the level cap. Period.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Toughnut wrote: »
    I’m done with playing content unless they raise the level cap. Period.

Is that a promise?
  • Options
    Honestly, the new system gave us a better chance of getting 4* in the game. The only downside is you need to grind all modes to ensure that you are getting every bit of bot chips. On my 3rd week I got my 4*. Definitely a big boost if you dupe a 4* bot.

I am at 17k excess chips now and might pile up on the upcoming 7 day Arena. Kabam should really take consideration of unspent chips. The only kicker here is that if they convert it to PBC shards, others might get a lucky 4* pull.

In any case, still a good move since I cannot really place on the top 5 in previous arenas just to get a 4*. Whatever Kabam decides on this would definitely affect existing and new player base.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I'm at 61K and I know I'm done, mainly because I don't like Galvatron after trying a bit my 3* version. I let him rot at 20/20 2/4. The other major reason is I don't know what the chips are converted to. They should at least announce it earlier, so that I can be more motivated.
  • Options
    AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Your probably going to get gold for your chips you asked for more gold there u go lol they said it would not be easy to win the new bots and have to grind for them and I got mine from the crystals and duped him from grinding they u have to so ty kabam for the 4* galvatron and keep up the good work and know some people just like to cry about anything and everything...