Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rank rewards are complete trash, I placed rank 101

Username09213n3Username09213n3 Posts: 71
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Got placed rank 101 and was placed to- 3-4%

Now let's says only 5,000 play the top 2% is 100, while top. 3% is 150 and 200 for 4%
I scored reasonable amount that normally gets me top 1-2%
These are pitiful numbers u guys need to expand the % and at this rate the scores WILL only go higher and higher and higher people will fail behind and this is only going to get worse...more of my time is wSted because arenas are only 1 day.

Some of us work 8+ hr jobs and have a life and the time for 3* and 4* wait timers to refresh are WAY to high

I am sorry for lesser players but....I remember it was a struggle for me to get 650k when there was milestones. But now this format push' the distance even further. Yes I progressed but i grinder my hands off to get where I am. Now this game arenas are forcing top players to grind and push arenas even higher. Why? Because "i' need those t2 alphas and t3basics

My alliance runs am50+ and these crystals are complete garbage I have only gotten t3basics shards 1 time out of my whole time playing. So that pushes 'me' to grind those arenas.

I am finding myself to score higher and higher every week so "I" can progress and "I' will be the top 1-2% that will be driving up the score. So that means "I" and everyone who scores top 1-2% will progress so that will only means 1 thing. Scores will keep getting higher for these "1' day arenas.

Comments

• Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    I agree with most points you make but have to address your comment about refresh times being too high. If they were lower arenas would be even more out of control and scores would go up even more. those guys grinding for top spots have more time than we do i'm sure. So please keep the refresh times as is, I like having an hour or 2 for free time while waiting for the next run.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    There's always gonna be a player that is one rank shy of the reward tier.

To have this as the basis of your complaint is nonsense.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I think the point he's trying to make, if I understand correctly, is that due to the small number of players in the region, tiny ranks of a couple of percent equals only about 100-150 people in the rank and because of this, makes the leaderboard range too small. He's upset that 101 isn't even top 1-2%, which is an issue due to low player numbers.

I can confirm 5000 (from checking leaderboards and % ranks) is very close to the total for my region, so a 2% rank is about 100 people.

Because we can't see a live leaderboard and the range is so small, it makes it quite hard to pinpoint how much is needed for a particular rank. It's like surgical precision is required.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    The two concerns I have are:
    1) The fact that there are only 500 or 5000 players in a region is a cause for concern. How long can this game survive with such a limited base?
    2) The rewards are way too top heavy. Yes, you should reward the few top few places well, but the drop off even to the top 5% is too drastic. How can the base of this game ever expand if only the top couple of players can ever progress? It's real discouraging and players get frustrated and quit. Making point 1 even worse.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    The regions were recently divided into 3, so it could be 15,000 or so total.

The reason was supposed to give more access to rewards, but besides the top 10, everyone else gets less because the old percent rewards got moved up to higher ranks, making it harder to get and reducing the range so less people can get it.

Any benefit there was supposed to be from dividing the regions has been destroyed.

I don't even understand the point in dividing the regions with these new rank rewards.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    There's always gonna be a player that is one rank shy of the reward tier.

To have this as the basis of your complaint is nonsense.

I am talking about how small the 2% pool is very small.

did YOU even read my post? I am able to score 1-2% all 3 times in crystal bounty. The fact that its small pool of top players mean the scores are driving up every week. Can you even put up 1million points in 24hours?

Yes I read your post. You complain the cutoffs are too high, yet you suggest actions that would drive them even higher - Making bot cooldown faster.

I can put up 1 million points if I want, but I do that only for certain arenas. I prefer doing other things with my time, because otherwise this game would cease to be fun for me.

I make 3 arena runs a day with my roster, it gets me enough points to land at 3-4% every time. I'm good with that and I have fun doing it. My progress is going just fine. I don't see a problem with not making 1-2%, although I do agree there are way too many prize brackets and the breakdown of rewards is pretty stingy.

They could easily reduce brackets to make them 1-5%, 6-10% and 11-25%

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited October 2017
    The Europe pool is really small. Not even 3000 players. Maybe even less than 2500. I placed 2300ish with 5.000 points. This was in the Alpha Bounty arena.

Worrying.
  • You in Asia pool? Asia pool is tough.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yea well was obvious that the cutoffs would soar like an eagle after they halfed the rewards. Same amount of players, half the resources. Do the math. This is going to be insanity very shortly.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Meh. Less rewards, pool of players seems to be shrinking. Troubling signs.