Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How about a Gold Relic

It's been mentioned before but how about adding a gold relic. Until the level cap is raised again all the xp relics are useless so it would be nice to have something else to use even if it adds 1-2% of gold.
Tagged:

Comments

• kelsuskelsus Posts: 38
    Great idea, it would really help with the current gold vacuum.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    What would also be awesome if you can remove the 3500 daily cap on gold to help your alliance members... helps everyone be more active to get more gold for each other no? Right now we usually hit max gold within 1 hour of the bar resetting.
  • Hey there Commanders!

Solid ideas from both kranders and Faithz! We completely get just how important it is to continue to provide good sources of gold, as it is by far one of the most important resources for growth in the game. Although we do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, I can't guarantee that these changes will be made. I would recommend elaborating and discussing your ideas though! Take the time to flesh them out, share what impact these changes could have on the game. Consider what would happen this brought in too much gold into the game. The more fleshed out your ideas are, the better it helps our Devs understand your feedback and concerns!
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Hey there Commanders!

Solid ideas from both kranders and Faithz! We completely get just how important it is to continue to provide good sources of gold, as it is by far one of the most important resources for growth in the game. Although we do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, I can't guarantee that these changes will be made. I would recommend elaborating and discussing your ideas though! Take the time to flesh them out, share what impact these changes could have on the game. Consider what would happen this brought in too much gold into the game. The more fleshed out your ideas are, the better it helps our Devs understand your feedback and concerns!

Frankly I think the issue with gold has been beat to death across the forums. I maintain that my gold influx significantly decreased with the changes to Arenas. This was okay when AM was free and provided reduced rewards, fine balance. With AM costs coming back it's been much more difficult to keep up. The old format of two arenas at a time gave the ability to grind out some more arena chips and keep gold coming in if you chose to do so. I regularly end up in the 13 crystal reward range and it simply does not match what I used to get.

Basically 4 days of AM rewards go straight into the treasury then, practically, the 2-3 days off the Arena rewards go straight in as well. Doesn't seem balanced.

There are so many suggestions but still not real insight into anything being done to help with the gold. The ability to do any forging now has taken a serious dive.

1. Remove the AM costs again and make it permanent
    2. Make AM costs equivalent to the potential AM rewards so that only teams that fail to complete 100% would be paying more then they get back in rewards
    3. Reinstate Arena chip rewards in the arenas
    4. Add a gold relic that increases gold in solo missions 1, 2, 3% - the XP relics are useless after hitting 50. Hot Rod relics are fine for Special missions but otherwise there is nothing else outside of AM relics.
    5. Reevaluate forging/ranking costs - With 2* bots basically useless now except forge fodder the cost to max forge a 2* is crazy. Maxing a 2* gets about 1 level in forging which is appropriate if the cost was reduced.

I'm not saying something ridiculous needs to be done but simply adding a gold relic that slightly increases solo mission would help if/unless you're going to look at one of the more serious issues.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    A gold relic would be nice.

Perhaps limit it in some way... Maybe 4 uses and it gets destroyed, but is offered in the raid shop for chips from time to time.

It would provide double or triple gold in story missions whenever used.

Just spitballing ideas here. I suppose it would function more like a boost than a relic, so maybe add a gold boost to the rotation that can be stockpiled.
  • PlatPlat Posts: 8
    My suggestion is to combine Mod and Raid Arenas into one and offer an old-style Arena that pays out gold, Energon, and Arena chips.
    Mod and Raid Arenas seem redundant as they are both Raid-based. I’m sure everyone has noticed low turnout for those. While I do enjoy the break this provides, I could with one day instead of two. Combining those rewards should draw more interest.
    Obviously, an Arena with gold, Energon, and Arena chip payouts would be actively played. A combination of G, E, and chips would ensure a level of stability to the payouts rather than a pure gamble with all chips. As these Arenas are on a two-week rotation, the influx of gold will be small and easily modulated by adjusting rewards. Anyway, that’s my idea.
  • I still think the easiest solution is just to make the gold value of items and ore more generous. It means players can better balance their resources without changing at all the overall amount of resources available.

But, a gold relic would be cool. Expecially since there's 3 days with no AM where most existing relics aren't useful. If it just added a % to all gold receipts (whether from story/away missions, base defense bots, or some other source), where the % depends on the relic tier, that'd help massively.

For sure it'd be way better than another XP relic (at least until the level cap goes up again)

(A forge XP relic might be another cool option that would reduce a lot of gold demand)
    One of the main reasons for the deficit of gold is the cost of AM vs gold rewards. If you can make AM gold neutral when all 3 BGs hit 100%, that would be great.

Not exactly sure why there is a much higher gold cost for AM compared to AM rewards on a whole. The rewards don’t really justify the push for higher AM levels. There are no more milestones after 19, and rank rewards are meh at best.
    edited November 2017
    One of the main reasons for the deficit of gold is the cost of AM vs gold rewards. If you can make AM gold neutral when all 3 BGs hit 100%, that would be great.

Not sure why AM gold cost is so much higher beyond D80s when AM rewards as a whole don’t really justify it. There are no further milestones after 19, and rank rewards are meh at best. No incentive to push higher as we pay much more and get little or nothing back for each incremental level.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

Not exactly sure why there is a much higher gold cost for AM compared to AM rewards on a whole. The rewards don’t really justify the push for higher AM levels. There are no more milestones after 19, and rank rewards are meh at best.

Completion rewards are good. But yeah, if you have to spend to complete, you're probably better off doing an easier AM and directing your spending to progress in special events. Unless you're in the top 2-3 alliances, in which case special events are easy and you're running AM90+ and don't need anyone else's advice! :wink:
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Completion rewards are good. But yeah, if you have to spend to complete, you're probably better off doing an easier AM and directing your spending to progress in special events. Unless you're in the top 2-3 alliances, in which case special events are easy and you're running AM90+ and don't need anyone else's advice! :wink:

DSOTM doesn’t believe in spending energon for AM. Free items from crystals, yeah if they are expiring in stash anyway.
    DSOTM doesn’t believe in spending energon for AM. Free items from crystals, yeah if they are expiring in stash anyway.

What do you all use your energon on then?

Trailfire wrote: »

What do you all use your energon on then?

Exploring expert spotlight missions. The only things I spent in-game “recently” were the $3 daily cards two months back and the $45 energon card last month. I don’t buy the crystals or bot deals. (My currency is about 1.5:1 to USD.)
    @Kabam Rimehaven

Gold is severely scarce right now. It will be a long way before “too much gold” will be brought into the game. I use up all my story energy in all my waking hours for daily missions, spotlight missions, re-run story missions, sell ore for gold and still regularly find myself in double digit gold balances (meaning less than 100 gold). I also run away missions and typically run out of missions before the 2 hours are up. I have stopped doing away missions for raid chips because gold is more precious than raid chips. I often use my raid chips to buy ore, to sell for gold. Please let me know what else you think I should do for gold. :|
    Exploring expert spotlight missions. The only things I spent in-game “recently” were the $3 daily cards two months back and the $45 energon card last month. I don’t buy the crystals or bot deals. (My currency is about 1.5:1 to USD.)

Well, that's fair enough. Pretty similar to me tbh. I spent 1k energon on the last monthly event. But I also spent about 500e over the same month on AM, I think. The reason it's worth being willing to spend a bit on AM is that that enables you to push your boundaries. If you have a hard rule against spending on AM, then you can only ever do safe D levels. If you're willing to cop a bit when needed, then you can really begin to find out what your actual ability in the game is. I'll guarantee it's higher than you expect!

(I also pretty much never use energon for crystals, except the first week I played when I had basically zero bots)
    @Trailfire

We find the rewards for AM not worth spending on. We currently get all 19 milestones for AM plus rank rewards for 6-10 without spending energon, though we do use free items from crystals. We’d rather use energon for spotlight missions, get the sparks to upgrade our bots, then go for higher difficulties in AM that we can handle.
  • Could add gold to raids r gold crystals to the raid store.
    @Trailfire

We find the rewards for AM not worth spending on. We currently get all 19 milestones for AM plus rank rewards for 6-10 without spending energon, though we do use free items from crystals. We’d rather use energon for spotlight missions, get the sparks to upgrade our bots, then go for higher difficulties in AM that we can handle.

Oh, if you’re already ranking top 10, then yeah, the extra rank rewards aren’t worth much expense at all.
    We usually drift between 4th & 8th, but I don’t think there’s much reason to care about the difference