Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dinobot The Tactician?!

First, very cool to have Dinobot coming to the game. If there was anyone else from Beast Wars to make it, him and Megatron would be my first choices. I'm sure he'll be fun to play, and I'm hoping I get lucky with his crystals as I did getting Galvatron right away with my first 5 Galvatron crystal purchases. I'm really looking forward to playing matches with him as much as I am getting my 3 star Grimlock duped at the end of the new calendar!

The one thing I just can't figure is why he was made a Tactician. All the other Tacticians, except for Bumblebee who never seemed like a Tactician in the movies, are leaders and in command of troops. Dinobot was never a leader but more of a soldier.

Comments

• SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    bee is a scout
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited November 2017
    Ultra Magnus may have held the Matrix for a brief period of time, but he was never a leader. The cartoons really hammer home that he is a soldier first of all.

And Starscream? Leader? Tactician? Nothing good ever came from his plans. Think good soldiers are fine to be tacticians, lore wise.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Tactician Bots' strong synergies and master strategies help them adapt during a fight to turn their enemies' strength against them.

I mean, really any bot could be made any class and an argument could be made for why/why not it doesn't belong there... but from the description I think it fits fine.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Well look at his abilities, armour break, armour pierce, those are all abilities for tacticians since they work well against the brawler class
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    It's a game mixing a lot of continuities. So if the team follows their backstories, then fine, but not at the cost of jeopardizing the design itself. There are not enough good tacticians except OP and screamer.
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    bee is a scout
    Hmm...on my phone he is a tactician and Prowl is a scout.
    Dircules wrote: »
    Ultra Magnus may have held the Matrix for a brief period of time, but he was never a leader. The cartoons really hammer home that he is a soldier first of all.

And Starscream? Leader? Tactician? Nothing good ever came from his plans. Think good soldiers are fine to be tacticians, lore wise.
    Yeah, but season 3 was full of all kinds of horrible stuff. Magnus' tech spec and the Scramble City cartoon (bridging season 2 and the movie) had him as commander of Autobot City/Metroplex--that's not a bad leadership position. I think he was crapped on as a leader to shift emphasis to Rodimus which no one seemed to like that I knew.

Starscream led the Seekers for what, millions of years? Megatron's second in command, in charge of the military, that's a good leadership spot. Created/freed the Combaticons/Bruticus, straight up beat Megatron and Devastator which even Prime never did on his best day. And while I don't read much of the IDW comics, isn't he like the leader or co-leader of all of Cybertron?

I'm not saying its a deal breaker or anything as far as Dinobot goes, it just doesn't seem like the best fit to me. Especially given that during Beast Wars, he not only didn't lead, but he barely followed directions! Still, I got a 3* of him this morning, and a 4* of him this evening and I've been playing the hell out of him and, like Galvatron, he's pretty fun to play. His Heavy is hilarious and awesome at the same time!