Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

On Galvatron Chip Conversion and Dinobot Purchases

2»

Comments

• The reason we put this conversion choice in is because we know that some players could have come close, but not been able to get the Bot. We don't want anybody walking away thinking that they got nothing.[/color]
    I appreciate the thought. I was able to get 80+k of Galvatron chips and played pretty heavily (though my dislike of raids probably cost me my 4*). I'm glad I was able to get the 3* and dup him (even if it was a glitch), but I still feel like I get nothing for 60k some leftover chips. I like being able to get 4* shards, but it seems a REALLY high ratio to get them.

I would prefer to be able to exchange them for chips of the next bot, even if it's a 1:2 ratio or something. Then even if I can't get the featured bot during the month, I could have a better shot at it for the next month.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    While I feel the conversion rate was pretty low for what it was, it's still more or less free stuff. I personally made zero effort to go for a 4* Galvatron. I haven't gone for a featured bot since the earliest weeks. Don't care to. My playstyle means I simply do not have the time to invest. I still landed some 75k chips. Duped the 3* since I knew I wasn't getting 4*. So 55k chips.....yeah little over 100 4* shard is....meh. But again, I didn't change my playstyle so its 100 free 4* shards for zero extra effort. Maybe this month I can dupe some of my 4* instead of getting new ones(totally ok with this too....lol)
  • 100,000 chips = 200 - 4* shards.
    This is not a good equation.
    Why would anyone trade these excess chips if you can readily purchase the feature bot with the same amount.
    Although, that might not be the case for the majority of the players.

A better conversion would be to have the chips exchanged for a ratio of 1:100 in terms of 4* shards.
    Basically, if you only got to 90k chips, you will still get 900 - 4* shards. Which I think is still a good outcome for those who grinded for the month but barely reached the target.
  • RephReph Posts: 2
    Hi all. In the Raid store, I submitted 35,000 Galvatron chips to receive conversions of 4-star shards equating to several 2,000 shard bots a piece. I did not receive any 4/star bots (at least 15 -2000 shard bots).
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Reph wrote: »
    Hi all. In the Raid store, I submitted 35,000 Galvatron chips to receive conversions of 4-star shards equating to several 2,000 shard bots a piece. I did not receive any 4/star bots (at least 15 -2000 shard bots).

You got 70x4* shards for 35k it’s 1 shard per 500 galvatron
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Oh my... People think it's a 1:1 shards per conversion?

Guys.. 500:1 it's been said many many times.
  • WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    edited November 2017
    Hi guys,

As someone said allready if you are not interested in the featured bot, then is pointless to play that month and the game starts to get boring.

What I want to ask all of you is if there was a place where was announced when we will not be able to get Galvatron chips anymore?!?! Because I finished the month with 99.137 Chips and I was waiting for the results of the last arena to see if or how many chips I am missing and what pack of energon should I buy in order to get the difference, sadly I noticed that no more Galvatron chips on the bundles...

i7aq63uwl3rn.png

I only ask to add for the remaining time the Galvatron is in store the bundles of energon with Galvatron chips not only the Dino ones.

Believe it or not I dont like Galvatron, but a 4* is a 4* and without this I consider the last month as a lost one.
    WunWun420 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

As someone said allready if you are not interested in the featured bot, then is pointless to play that month and the game starts to get boring.

What I want to ask all of you is if there was a place where was announced when we will not be able to get Galvatron chips anymore?!?! Because I finished the month with 99.137 Chips and I was waiting for the results of the last arena to see if or how many chips I am missing and what pack of energon should I buy in order to get the difference, sadly I noticed that no more Galvatron chips on the bundles...

i7aq63uwl3rn.png

I only ask to add for the remaining time the Galvatron is in store the bundles of energon with Galvatron chips not only the Dino ones.

Believe it or not I dont like Galvatron, but a 4* is a 4* and without this I consider the last month as a lost one.

In your game mail, on several threads here in the forum... Guess it wasn't very important for you to confirm when Galvatron chips would be cut off, or you woulda looked around and found out.
  • In the game email is not mentioned when the promo stop, they say the bundles will be available for a short time, and as for forum never seen discussion about this, please if you have the time and knowledge send me some link. As for whats important for me, let me decide man.

• WunWun420 wrote: »
    In the game email is not mentioned when the promo stop, they say the bundles will be available for a short time, and as for forum never seen discussion about this, please if you have the time and knowledge send me some link. As for whats important for me, let me decide man.

Stickied Thread in the General Discussion section of these forums:
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2256/spotlight-mission-galvatron-rising#latest

Quote from the very first post of that thread:

How long is this mission available?

Unlike the previous Spotlight Missions, these missions will have 3 chapters (2 missions each), all of which will be unlocked at once, and will be available all month long!

The Mission will start on October 5th at 5 am PDT, and run until November 2nd at 5 am PDT.

edited November 2017
    In addition to the thread above, @Terminal posted another thread as a reminder here, 12hrs before the end:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2686/psa-12-hours-left-to-collect-galv-chips#latest

And in game mail shows when dinobot chips begin, which was well documented as the same time Galvatron chips would be cutoff:

je0g0nceht60.png
  • WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    edited November 2017
    Im talking about the store Bundles, energon+chips, not about the game related chips! Thats why I was asking. Anyway, thanks for the answers guys, still waiting for KabamMiike’s answer about having both bundles in store till Galvatron is available in the store.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited November 2017
    WunWun420 wrote: »
    Im talking about the store Bundles, energon+chips, not about the game related chips! Thats why I was asking. Anyway, thanks for the answers guys, still waiting for KabamMiike’s answer about having both bundles in store till Galvatron is available in the store.

I am so sorry for you mate, this is really harsh.

0p5a7q9v3kyn.jpeg

• lel its funny
    edited November 2017
    mit79k59ewqx.png

Come on Kabam, send him 1K chips this is really heart breaking.
  • RephReph Posts: 2
    Manthro wrote: »
    Oh my... People think it's a 1:1 shards per conversion?

Guys.. 500:1 it's been said many many times.
    Understood.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Do we have gold conversion rate now?
    Do we have gold conversion rate now?

We don’t, but most likely it gonna be 100000:1

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509

As a result, we have decided that with Dinobot coming tomorrow, we're going to allow multiple purchases of both the 3-Star and 4-Star version of Dinobot. They will increase in cost with every purchase, and getting a fully awakened 4-Star Dinobot will cost quite a bit more than anybody was able to collect for Galvatron.

Thanks a lot for this Miike! I can already feel the difference in my own motivation to play and pay for the game. Last month, with a single Galvatron, I was basically done with crystals after a day. I got the base 4* Galv, and enough chips to not worry about getting to 100k by end of the month to dupe and my spending was over, and the crystal hoarding began basically on the day after the changes went live.

Now with this change, I find I want to open more crystals, and immediately, to get chips to get in another purchase of the 4* bot. And I'm torn between doing that, and saving them up for next month to have another flying start with the bot for December.. This weighing options is exactly right and makes it more interesting over.

So thanks again!

• Maybe there could be another opportunity created to purchase Galvatron chips in the store? I have just over 95,000 and would pay for the remaining few thousand.

This request is from a player whose spent money and time in the game.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    @Kabam Miike can we get info on the gold conversion rate? Can't make an informed decision without knowing what we are getting.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Now the conversion is done? I didn't even notice an obvious increase in my gold storage. I had 80K Galvatron chips so the rate must be meh....