Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

New Spotlight Mission

This is one of the reasons why no one has any faith in the game anymore. This type of nodes/difficulty is what should be in MCOC not Tranformers this early in the game. You should want people to beat content not be discouraged...it wont be a game in a couple of months when you dont have a player base.

Game downloads/player base/revenue already cut in half in 2 months.

2.1 grimlock boss. Thanks.5t42qb0byq6o.jpeg

Comments

• Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I thought putting this mod on Grimlock this early in the Spotlight was a mistake. He really needed to be in 3.1. It was a real surprise at how overpowered he was so early in the mission.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Yes, he is a bit ridiculous. Use boosts, it helps a lot.

Starscream also works incredibly well against him if you have him.

Other than that, I would suggest barricade if you're good at avoiding damage, as well as prowl or rhinox.. all of them control power flow.

Optimus is always a good choice, obviously.

But yeah, he's a brick wall
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with what you posted. That Grimlock is easy peasy. Take CW Prime, build a S3 and unleash. Physical resistance gone. Tactician vs Brawler eliminates the bonus melee damage and simply dodging and evading while the 400% bonus is in effect eliminates that problem.

It has already been stated numerous times by devs that Expert is NOT for everyone. Or even most. This is meant to be very challenging content. If you can't clear it you don't truly need what it is giving. Go clear hard 100%. Upgrade some more bots and come back to it.
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Like Dinobot at the end, it's those first 7.5 seconds you need to be on your guard and not try to attack. His melee boost doesn't mess around either (on both dinos). If you have a good Starscream or UM, that might help alleviate some of the pressure of the melees through nullifying them, just don't let him hit you. I used OG to get the job done, but it was close. I had Grimlock redlined for what seemed like an eternity; I thought for sure my goose was cooked, but I prevailed.

Doing it 3 or 4 more times to get exploration though is not gonna be fun.
  • Options
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with what you posted. That Grimlock is easy peasy. Take CW Prime, build a S3 and unleash. Physical resistance gone. Tactician vs Brawler eliminates the bonus melee damage and simply dodging and evading while the 400% bonus is in effect eliminates that problem.

It has already been stated numerous times by devs that Expert is NOT for everyone. Or even most. This is meant to be very challenging content. If you can't clear it you don't truly need what it is giving. Go clear hard 100%. Upgrade some more bots and come back to it.

Om and somebody flagged you for no reason. Its annoying when people flag comments that are not offensive or anything
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    I’m not sure why you say it’s difficult, it just may be a longer battle, but it’s no different what what you most likely already do, which is sidestep, counterattack, fire off specials...etc. you just need to do it for a little longer.
  • Options
    Grimlock was a cool fight. If you block a lot instead of evading you can ride out the powergain period. You can actually just sit there holding block the entire time his buff is active, then play normally while the timer refreshes.

I admit my B Team got wiped out by time him totally the first time I faced him, but once my better bots were out of AM it was quite manageable. The point being, it's not so outrageously hard that it should discourage people. Actually, I don't understand that sentiment at all. What's wrong with content that takes more than one try to get through? If everything is so easy that no one needs to even make a second try at it, doesn't it get super boring?

(and I agree with @Steelbane , people need to lay off the spam/abuse flag when comments are completely devoid of either spam or abuse, it's just rude to the community and disrespectful to the mods who have to spend time checking if someone is actually spamming or being abusive. That's time by the way that Kabam has to pay for out of their TFTF operating budget, meaning less money to spend on developing new content or cooler stories, or running quality control checks, but hey, none of us care about that stuff, right?)
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    edited November 2017
    Grimlock wasnt too hard to fight i used my maxed 3 star bee and wiped him easily (on hard mode, obviously.) What im really afraid of is the chp 3 last mission where i have to fight lvl 2000 bots. They wipe me out with their sp 3 and i hit them alot and they have 1,000 health gone :/ It just makes me spend tons more energon
  • Options
    Gotta bait them specials
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    What bots do you have? You can take out 2000 bots with R3 3*, or R4 3* if you want a shorter fight. I autorun hard mode with my B team (which I’ll admit consists of 2 R3 4* bots :D ) when AM is on. Hard SM doesn’t have the crazy mods that expert has, which makes expert fun and yet exasperating at the same time :#